You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

French Ship Promo

26 comments in this topic

Members
68 posts
11,441 battles

I completed the French Addition and French Progression challenges. I completed all the collectables. I received "my personal mission" to win the Bretagne tier 5 ship, which I won. Now what? I don't understand; can participants only win 1 of 4 possible ships? And then it's over? Or, do we have additional opps in the next update? Don't understand; is there a way to work your way to the Richelieu or is it just luck of the draw?

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
17,705 battles

French crates have random chance to drop a personal mission to unlock ship.

I have tier 5 to 7 unlocked.

Bought 15 containers plus Aigle to get more containers.

The drop rate for ships is rare and very rng.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,257 posts
11,369 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I have tier 5 to 7 unlocked.

Bought 15 containers plus Aigle to get more containers.

The drop rate for ships is rare and very rng.

This

I got the missions for the T5 and T6 from crates that you can purchase but you can still get the ship missions from the regular crates but again it is totally random.

Members
1,870 posts
16,383 battles

Glad ya got the BB missions, completed Container missions, 25 crates  + 1 bought = no BB missions for me - why I never go to Vegas....

• Angry 1

Members
1,524 posts
10,638 battles

Got the T5 and T8 through crates. The T5 was from playing Aigle and the T8 from purchasing 1 crate for $3 where I got super lucky with the Richelieu mission.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
8 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

I completed the French Addition and French Progression challenges. I completed all the collectables. I received "my personal mission" to win the Bretagne tier 5 ship, which I won. Now what? I don't understand; can participants only win 1 of 4 possible ships? And then it's over? Or, do we have additional opps in the next update? Don't understand; is there a way to work your way to the Richelieu or is it just luck of the draw?

This is part 1 and part 2 happens on patch 7.2. We should get the chance at more containers then.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
8 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

This is the important bit, which the perceptive saw and understood from the very start, but which seems to have needed extra emphasis the entire time and which a few people still seem not to understand.

A fair number of people have got at least one (usually the Bretagne), quite a few have got two (usually Bretagne and Normandie, as I have; sometimes Bretagne and Lyon); Richelieu seems to be a rarity even among those who unlock three. Very few if any have scored all four from free mission crates alone (there's a post here with screencap showing that someone got all four in one container, but that's like a freak jackpot).

IIRC these ships go live as the French Battleship tech tree with patch 7.2; you work your way up in the normal fashion from that point, beginning with the ones you've already got and the XP you've already accumulated with them.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles

It's a roll of the dice with every crate, ain't it super "fun and engaging" ? I was luckier than you, unlocked tiers 5 and 6, and luckier than most since I completed the captain collection with 1 duplicate to spare, BUT.... not everyone will be so lucky. It is statistically possible to get nothing at all ( Apart from Aigle, that one is only impossible to get if you have a time crunch)

Completely understand WG's capitalist business model/ reasoning for this, and I completely disagree with it. SURELY there must be a better way...

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles

7 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

It's a roll of the dice with every crate, ain't it super "fun and engaging" ? I was luckier than you, unlocked tiers 5 and 6, and luckier than most since I completed the captain collection with 1 duplicate to spare, BUT.... not everyone will be so lucky. It is statistically possible to get nothing at all ( Apart from Aigle, that one is only impossible to get if you have a time crunch)

Completely understand WG's capitalist business model/ reasoning for this, and I completely disagree with it. SURELY there must be a better way...

1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

This is part 1 and part 2 happens on patch 7.2. We should get the chance at more containers then.

:Smile_great:

Edited by Kizarvexis

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles

Yes Kizarvexis , stop repeating what everyone has been saying for the past 2 weeks please, I'm completely aware of that... it STILL doesn't change the SINGLE MOST ANNOYING FACT of this all, which is no matter how many crates they throw at us, it is still statistically possible to get nothing, unless they throw so many at us that you eventually unlock the captain with mostly duplicates ( how many is that? I'm not fond of math/ lazy) AND still statistically possible to get no BB's either. THAT's my grievance with this reward model. Not to mention that this event wasn't exactly easy to complete... 25 torp hits was fine to me, but a lot of players with BB mains/ new players who mostly focused on BB's first will find this difficult. stages 2 and 3 (10/15 wins wasn't it?) Also is easier said than done if you have no division mates. Considering a game is 20 minutes (not always but let's pretend) , and let's also take your avg 50% W/R player, that's 20 minutes x 50 times = 1000 minutes ... now divide 1000 minutes by 60 = 16.66666 hours... for possibly nothing. I wanna tear my hair out! And don't forget this figure of 16 hours 40 minutes is only for 2 stages of a total of 6, That's a lot of time put in for a possible kick in the [edited].

Edited by The_Grand_One

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I got the tier 6...I need five more wins to get the final 7 crates. My only possible desire to get the tier 8 would be those French missions coming in the next update (part 4).  If I don't get, I won't be shedding any tears. I hate BBs. 

I got the Dunquerke in a Santa crate and only use it in Operations. Maybe it's just me, but the guns on that thing are the most inaccurate guns I've used in WoWs so far. I'm missing dead on shots from 6-8km. It's unnerving. 

[OO7]
Members
3,843 posts
9,054 battles
11 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Yes Kizarvexis , stop repeating what everyone has been saying for the past 2 weeks please, I'm completely aware of that... it STILL doesn't change the SINGLE MOST ANNOYING FACT of this all, which is no matter how many crates they throw at us, it is still statistically possible to get nothing, unless they throw so many at us that you eventually unlock the captain with mostly duplicates ( how many is that? I'm not fond of math/ lazy) AND still statistically possible to get no BB's either. THAT's my grievance with this reward model. Not to mention that this event wasn't exactly easy to complete... 25 torp hits was fine to me, but a lot of players with BB mains/ new players who mostly focused on BB's first will find this difficult. stages 2 and 3 (10/15 wins wasn't it?) Also is easier said than done if you have no division mates. Considering a game is 20 minutes (not always but let's pretend) , and let's also take your avg 50% W/R player, that's 20 minutes x 50 times = 1000 minutes ... now divide 1000 minutes by 60 = 16.66666 hours... for possibly nothing. I wanna tear my hair out! And don't forget this figure of 16 hours 40 minutes is only for 2 stages of a total of 6, That's a lot of time put in for a possible kick in the [edited].

Most 50% players are in game far less than 20 minutes....

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Most 50% players are in game far less than 20 minutes....

Agreed, I was trying to make the immeasurable, measurable. And in this case, if they are in a game for 5 minutes, their team has a lesser chance of winning, so that actually kind of balances the math because it simply translates into more games, so the duration (Y) would decrease, only to increase (Z) , the number of games.

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
20 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

52 crates is the maximum needed to get all 18 items, if you only got the same one every time and had to turn in duplicates at a 3:1 rate. 

Since we don't know the drop rate on ship missions, that is the one that a person probably won't get all four and may not get any. Still, these are tech tree ships, so you still can get them normally.

I'm a PvE main, so the PvP tasks are going to be hard for me. Especially after burning out on PvP for a bit due to the Corgi event. 91 PvP battles in 72 hours was more than I have ever done at once and they were not on my account. I enjoyed it and got some nice rewards, but I'm looking forward to seeing what we get for crates when 7.2 drops. I'm hoping a bunch are PvE accessible.

As for making the BBs hard to get, I can understand that. You are saving a lot of grind time and getting millions of silver worth of ship & modules for each one. 

Rather than complain now when part 2 is still coming, I would rather wait to see what part 2 is like and then complain if necessary. I'm betting that everything will be ok for the vast majority of players.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles

Actually part 1 was completed 2 week-ends ago, this week-end was part 2. And I like complaining about something I disagree with :cap_tea: Also you should mention the new event in update 7.2 (Operation HERMES) will also hand out crates. That translates to even more time put in , though it increases chances of getting the captain, this thread is called "Ship promo" so this guy, like me and the majority, were actually looking for the ships. And saying we are getting free ships, with free modules, is a huge assumption because some people won't get any ships. Just because....

troll-face-42517-3840x2160.thumb.jpg.c906498d85c057e86968cfe154a4fcee.jpg

Edited by The_Grand_One

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
7 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Actually part 1 was completed 2 week-ends ago, this week-end was part 2. And I like complaining about something I disagree with :cap_tea: Also you should mention the new event in update 7.2 (Operation HERMES) will also hand out crates. That translates to even more time put in , though it increases chances of getting the captain, this thread is called "Ship promo" so this guy, like me and the majority, were actually looking for the ships. And saying we are getting free ships, with free modules, is a huge assumption because some people won't get any ships. Just because.

Actually, no. The whole event for patch 7.1 is called Viva la France - Part 1. It had multiple parts, yes, but Viva la France - Part 2 happens on patch 7.2.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/early-adopters/

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Actually, no. The whole event for patch 7.1 is called Viva la France - Part 1. It had multiple parts, yes, but Viva la France - Part 2 happens on patch 7.2.

What's the name of the theory where if something can statistically happen, it will happen? I can't recall the name... but basicly it means that there are still people out there who won't be getting no French BB's.

[5BS]
Members
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

What's the name of the theory where if something can statistically happen, it will happen? I can't recall the name... but basicly it means that there are still people out there who won't be getting no French BB's.

Law of Large Numbers. Although it's more of a 'rule of thumb' than an actual law since actual 'random chance' doesn't exist.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Whatever the name you are looking for, @_RC1138 almost certainly has it, you can still get the T5-T8 French BBs as they are tech tree ships. This event gives you the chance to earn Aigle AND the chance to get a jump in the BB grind. I'm sorry that you have not got everything you wanted in free BB missions, but neither have I. That's life. You still can get the Aigle and Cpt Honore as Part 2 is coming.

Members
100 posts
352 battles
21 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Actually part 1 was completed 2 week-ends ago, this week-end was part 2. And I like complaining about something I disagree with :cap_tea: Also you should mention the new event in update 7.2 (Operation HERMES) will also hand out crates. That translates to even more time put in , though it increases chances of getting the captain, this thread is called "Ship promo" so this guy, like me and the majority, were actually looking for the ships. And saying we are getting free ships, with free modules, is a huge assumption because some people won't get any ships. Just because....

troll-face-42517-3840x2160.thumb.jpg.c906498d85c057e86968cfe154a4fcee.jpg

? On the test server, Hermes did not spit out crates, even with max stars on the op. Unless I missed something.

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
22 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm guessing part 2 is going to be the French Gold Operations, which based on the news page will be a bit difficult for newer/casual/PvE players. 

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,223 battles

The PTS wouldn't hand out crates, no... I forget where I heard this, I think it was in Notser's 7.2 review, or Operation Hermes review, though I could be wrong. Or maybe I'm thinking the Gold of France? meh. And actually Kizarvexis, I got 2 BB's and the captain so I'm not complaining for myself, I'm just saying I hope they don't do this type of event/ reward system again. Because it doesn't reward everyone equally for the same amount of time put in. If you pay for extra crates that's a different matter entirely, but I'm not a big fan of financial irresponsibility, so I usually just try to get as many freebies as I can. If you have the money to burn on this game ( some people spend thousands) then by all means go ahead, but I really don't.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
509 posts
14,600 battles
11 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

... a way to work your way to the Richelieu or is it just luck of the draw?

Luck of the draw.

I suppose this is also a bad place to show this?

5a8d960991ad2_Richelieuxp.jpg.4408677de97b4124aea3e2468d9a9e87.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
3 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

I suppose this is also a bad place to show this?

5a8d960991ad2_Richelieuxp.jpg.4408677de97b4124aea3e2468d9a9e87.jpg

Yeah, probably. :cap_popcorn:  

I see an Alsace in your very near future. Enjoy.