You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BigJimJack

Just get rid of events already

36 comments in this topic

Members
179 posts
1,072 battles

These events do nothing but promote even more selfish behavior than usual for people to just yolo and not even attempt to make a match about team objectives.  If you want to have rewards then fine have rewards for achieving goals, but can the events.  

• Boring 1
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

The down side of the events is that people don't ay the objectives. The upside of the events is that if you're good at playing the objectives, you're that much more influential on the outcome.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles

I quite like events, and have not noticed any changes in behavior. Events are great, and I hope we see more. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

People played the objectives just as well as they did before. That is to say, terribly.  An event like the corgi fleet happens close to semi annually for a singular weekend. It has no meaningful impact on the game. And if you didn't like it you could just play outside the focus block's matchmaking spread.

With my battle count, I depend on events like this to maintain interest in the game. It would be a great pain if they where removed. In my opinion, of course.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles

Why, without these events, what would people like you have to complain about?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Why, without these events, what would people like you have to complain about?

Literally everything else.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
5 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Literally everything else.

Oh. Right. Sorry, I just woke up, forgot about human nature for a moment.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[WOLF9]
Members
767 posts
5,593 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Oh. Right. Sorry, I just woke up, forgot about human nature for a moment.

Lert needs coffee... 

That Stanley Kubrick line is awesome. +1

Members
179 posts
1,072 battles

Really Lert?  You don't have a problem with "Hey, land 100 torpedos to get some signals" and then dd's just go hunting ships only and don't cap, don't help with spotting.  I would have no issue with events if like say it was something that helped the overall team like get 10 assists with capping and get flags, or something else.  the base xp events are just fine, but some of the other just breeds selfish play.

Members
179 posts
1,072 battles

No I really like this game overall.  It just seems this entire night I have been on teams full of dd's just taking off and trying to torp the first thing and then just get wiped out.  On both sides.  

Members
475 posts

I think that Events are a good idea, but they don't always do a great job of promoting the sort of behavior that they want players to follow generally. Fires, torp strikes, and citadels are things that players should be gunning to do in the first place, so adding them as qualifiers is fine. Kills is a bit silly, as that results in some selfish play (and kill steals).

My only qualm with the French BB event has been that I've only been able to get the Bretagne mission. I already give WG enough money, and buying crates is silly.

Members
475 posts
3 minutes ago, BigJimJack said:

No I really like this game overall.  It just seems this entire night I have been on teams full of dd's just taking off and trying to torp the first thing and then just get wiped out.  On both sides.  

I didn't think about people suicide torping. It is a silly strategy in general, so I forget that people will do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things that WG could add instead? Maybe damage requirements?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
12 minutes ago, BigJimJack said:

Really Lert?  You don't have a problem with "Hey, land 100 torpedos to get some signals" and then dd's just go hunting ships only and don't cap, don't help with spotting.

Nope! If they go murdering ships that just leaves more of the map open for me to do my thing.

There's 11 slots for idiots on my team, 12 on the enemy team.

Plus, I like the free stuff.

Plus plus, don't pretend that these idiots don't play like idiots without missions to worry about.

I control what I do, not others, and if you let other's actions dictate your enjoyment, you should just go find a nice inoffensive single player game to play.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,126 posts
15,108 battles

I agree that some of the tasks or missions for these events can cause some terrible decisions by players. But with out these events how would we get free stuff? And hey if it wasn't for the Spot Destroyers with a Battleship task there would be a ton of players who would never know where to find a Capture point. 

E8wjEI3.gif

[Hey this is my 4000th post on these forums. Look At Me I'm the Captain Now  :cap_cool:]

Edited by RedSeaBear

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,877 posts
13,843 battles

100% honest, I noticed almost no difference in red player behavior while on my corgi account this time around. I think people realized I wasn't just going to roll over (HAH) and give them prizes, and they started playing like normal.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,197 posts
11,782 battles

These events are nothing too serious.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles

Looks like the OP was more talking about the missions like the '25 torp strikes' that many people are working on, while many of us assumed he was talking about the Corgi event.  Yeah, some of those missions can lead to some dumb player behavior, but lets be honest, those players probably weren't going to be carrying anyone in the first place.  And I include myself in that number.  It would be nice for missions like these to have an alternate method, like "Get 25 torpedo hits *or* (something not torpedo-related) so that people don't feel forced to zerg with a ship they're not that familiar with.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,983 posts
11,100 battles

I enjoy the Corgi Fleet event.

I didn't mind the mission requiring torpedo hits.

I don't see what all the fuss is about?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,619 battles

I like the events.  At least people have an excuse for making bad plays.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
718 posts
10,546 battles

Oh I actually like the fact they do events like these. :Smile_great:

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
46 minutes ago, BigJimJack said:

As always.  Love the "go find another game to play response."  sheez

Hey, it's an honest recommendation, not me trying to be a smart aft. If online games piss you off, play an offline one. These are meant to be enjoyed, meant to be entertainment. I know what happens if I get more than 'mildly annoyed' by WoWS: I go play Minecraft. Or Skyrim. Or Fallout 4.