You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai

-35 Ping Then Disconnect on New PC

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
15,665 posts
4,212 battles

Howdy all, Chokai here. I just built a new PC. It's great. I went from like 20 FPS to 75 plus. Also got a new router and modem. Not that it matters as I plugged in an ethernet cable into my PC. Well I've only done operartions since coming back as I am playing on my TV rn, working on getting a monitor (always had a laptop). Since I came back I keep getting rnadomly -35 Ping then a disconnect. I can always reconnect immediately. This is in the current operation, almost always +/- 1-2 minutes the carriers arriving. I used PingPlotter as a clan mate suggested, and I can't really understand it. I was wondering if someone could help me with this, as I really want to play randoms but not if I might disconnect. I have more than 100 MBPS download if that matters at all, no clue as I am somewhat tech illiterate. All the PingPlotter pics are right after a Disconnect and in spoilers. My PC said there were multiple WoWS outgoing. WoWS is allowed through Windows Defender as well.

Spoiler

0Uwtayl.png

Spoiler

GeoJdhf.png

Spoiler

b3gkSK5.png

Spoiler

iWtpXA0.png

Only game I really get problems like this in. Heck my old laptop with a wifi connection had worse ping but never did this.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,169 posts
17,696 battles

Is this the first time you have plugged it in and played?

Windows 10 had some updates that might be downloading in background.

Otherwise, it might be modem issue.

Are you using WOWS to launch game or the game center?

Any mods?

Try running WOWS in safe mode to see if it makes a difference.

Anyone else using your bandwidth while playing?

Try running speed test to see if your getting advertised speed. Could be faulty modem or router.

Beta Testers
15,665 posts
4,212 battles

I've used both the direct file and game center. Modem is new (2 weeks), Windows 10 is completely up to date. No mods at all. Will try safe mode.  Speed Test says 198MBPS. No one else uses the bandwidth at the times I am playing. I'm impressed with those speeds. No where near that fast over wifi on my now dead laptop.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,656 battles

My Windows 10 numerous crashes turned out to be a bad power bar that would cause the game to crash after 10 minutes with a power loss

Beta Testers
15,665 posts
4,212 battles

Power Bar? Do you mean what I connect the power plug to or my internal power supply? Because it does happen about ever 10 minutes like clock work. Tried Admin and Sade mode. Not to desktopm just back to log in screen. Literally just caused my Operations Group to lose one and I kinda feel bad right now.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,656 battles
11 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai said:

Power Bar? Do you mean what I connect the power plug to or my internal power supply? Because it does happen about ever 10 minutes like clock work. Tried Admin and Sade mode. Not to desktopm just back to log in screen. Literally just caused my Operations Group to lose one and I kinda feel bad right now.

Yes the high end kind that protects against power surges, it would work for 10 minutes or so than the game would crash, it wasn’t the game that made it crash but rather an intermittent power glitch that would do it , new power bar problem solved

yea ...know what yea mean about loosing ,I would log back in with just enough time to apologize and then ... crash ,

good luck with it

Beta Testers
15,665 posts
4,212 battles

Thanks! Switching my PC, Modem and Router all to outlets. Not sure which it is, even if it's corded (so pumped first time I get to do this) I want to try everything. Will experiment for a few games and see what happens!