You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Big_Dumb_Newb

Steven Seagal

87 comments in this topic

Members
45 posts

Completely forgot i had him. Just looking for opinions on how to use him. I see Flamu uses him on the cruisers and i'm just wondering if anyone uses him on battleships? His skills seem to be for the BB but that loader perk on a des moines seems disgustingly OP!

He's only level 6 so i might use him when the new US cruiser line comes out to level.

What line do you use him on?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts

Stevie is getting thrown overboard and replaced by Joe Blow....I gather he gets to keep the skill bonuses though...:Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,375 posts
12,931 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Stevie is getting thrown overboard walking the plank and replaced by Joe Blow....I gather he gets to keep the skill bonuses though...:Smile_teethhappy:

FTFY :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF5]
Members
3,004 posts
3,304 battles

I use him on the USN BB line for the extra turret traverse. I have EL too, but it was the last skill point and I haven't used it yet in game. He would be good on the cruisers too.

Also, next update he will no longer the Seagal, he will be John Doe.

Members
45 posts
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I use him on the USN BB line for the extra turret traverse. I have EL too, but it was the last skill point and I haven't used it yet in game. He would be good on the cruisers too.

Also, next update he will no longer the Seagal, he will be John Doe.

Sould be "Bull Halsey"

Why John Doe?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,123 posts
13,587 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

Completely forgot i had him. Just looking for opinions on how to use him. I see Flamu uses him on the cruisers and i'm just wondering if anyone uses him on battleships? His skills seem to be for the BB but that loader perk on a des moines seems disgustingly OP!

He's only level 6 so i might use him when the new US cruiser line comes out to level.

I use him on BBs, it's the best use of his skills. Seems like a waste on cruisers. 

12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I put him on the Admirals Skiff I don't use him at all

Why don't you use him? I know the skill bonus are not that big a deal but still...

[WOLF5]
Members
3,004 posts
3,304 battles
8 minutes ago, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

Sould be "Bull Halsey"

Why John Doe?

Either the collaboration expired or they're cutting ties. Why John Doe is the question we've all been asking. My guess is they have another captain in the works, and Doe is only a place holder.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,053 posts
8,053 battles
Just now, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

Sould be "Bull Halsey"

Why John Doe?

You want a real gunner? Why not Admiral Willis Augustus Lee? Naval Academy Rifle Team Champ. Olympic Medals? Five gold, one silver one bronze. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Augustus_Lee

Man knew his stuff. 

• Cool 2

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,102 posts
5,886 battles

I use him on Montana for the expert loader perk, switch your shells in 7.5 seconds or less. Comes in handy when you're burning somebody from the bow and they try to turn out of it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,455 posts
17,992 battles
41 minutes ago, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

Sould be "Bull Halsey"

Why John Doe?

Russian Imagination.

35 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Admiral Willis Augustus Lee

This is DEFINATELY the guy to replace Mr. Seagull, a serious fighting sailor or WW2. Plus 1 dude!

[PVE]
Members
2,299 posts
5,509 battles

I actually like him AND his calm voice over some wild-eyed, frizzle-haired, screaming lunatic jumping up-and-down screaming "De Plane! De Plane!".

Seagull sounds like what I believe a REAL Captain sounds like. Like Picard saying "make it so" or Kirk saying "beam me up, Scotty". 

I have him at level 8 and he works quite well on my Indianapolis.

As to his replacement...how about a REAL American's name and not some European immigrant?  I could go with Geronimo, or Cochise or Tecumseh, or Standing Bear. But the Euros in Russia will probably pick another Euro name. Blockheads.

[WOLFC]
Members
183 posts
8,092 battles

I think it would be fun for WG to rename him after one of the Community Contributors. Maybe Capt Noster, or Capt  Kizarvexis. Maybe even Capt Lert with the Cat picture. Captain LWM would be cool, they could have her bouncy bounce avatar as the Captain picture. 

Edited by JBR40
spelling

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

I can't stand his voice. He sounds exhausted all the time- like he's being choked out on set or something. 

Edited by Gascan75

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
424 posts
1,844 battles

Are you suppose to get Seagal when you buy the Missouri because i never got him. Cant find him in the reserve or anywhere.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,540 posts
12,180 battles
Just now, EAGLESQUAD1 said:

Are you suppose to get Seagal when you buy the Missouri because i never got him. Cant find him in the reserve or anywhere.

No you could only get him from a special event, maybe a year ago.

I'm using mine on the New Orleans.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Baltimore. I use the reload module so the increased turn rate really helps to compensate for module’s traverse degradation (on DM I use the range module so I’m not losing any turret traverse rate). I also think his improved EL skill is optimal on the Baltimore’s reload. It’s faster than on NO and the DM shoots so fast I just clear the barrels when switching anmo. 

Edited by SavageTactical

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,025 posts
19,576 battles
58 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I use him on BBs, it's the best use of his skills. Seems like a waste on cruisers.

Ahh Kapitan my Kapitan.  I humbly disagree.  He is the perfect skipper for the Cleveland to drive some pep in the traverse and boost the shell switching.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,069 posts
28,259 battles
35 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

I actually like him AND his calm voice over some wild-eyed, frizzle-haired, screaming lunatic jumping up-and-down screaming "De Plane! De Plane!".

Seagull sounds like what I believe a REAL Captain sounds like. Like Picard saying "make it so" or Kirk saying "beam me up, Scotty". 

Me too.

I got him where he feels at home, on the Missouri.  Just be sure to select the skills he enhances to get the bonus effect.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,951 posts
22,257 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

I got him where he feels at home, on the Missouri

You might have him on the Missouri but he's not "assigned" to the Missouri as premiums don't require "assignment". Assume he's still assigned to T1 CL then?

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles

I use him on my Pensacola where the quicker turret traverse and faster loading of those ten 8 inch rifles is a nice bonus. The Pennsy depends on dodging and throwing shells back at the red ships as fast as she can so he's pretty helpful in keeping those guns on target and sending more shells downrange.   I haven't shifted him to battleships as I've loaded him up with the skills I prefer for cruiser commanders but there's no reason he wouldn't work well on a battlewagon if you wanted him to.  I actually ended up using him a bit in Ranked Battles last year so he's now a 10 pt commander not a 6 point one. 

I will kind of miss him, yes his voice overs sound like he's getting ready for a nap but it was a nice change from the same old voice all the time. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,375 posts
12,931 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Either the collaboration expired or they're cutting ties. Why John Doe is the question we've all been asking. My guess is they have another captain in the works, and Doe is only a place holder.

This, my guess is they are cutting ties and the word came down from corporate very suddenly which would explain John Doe. Personally I wish they would choose a real US captain from the era.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,069 posts
28,259 battles
15 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You might have him on the Missouri but he's not "assigned" to the Missouri as premiums don't require "assignment". Assume he's still assigned to T1 CL then?

It just says "specialization North Carolina" so maybe that's where I had him when he reached 19 points.   Too bad he can't switch ships without retraining like the ARP or IJN reward skippers.

[REVY]
Members
6,275 posts
5,164 battles
3 hours ago, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

That unperson is useful on a NC or Alabama, because of the high stealth of those Battleships, being able to switch from HE to AP in just 7 seconds becomes very useful.

Edited by Sventex