You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Aigle missions and Tokens

20 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
3,741 posts
5,401 battles

After an absence of about two weeks from the game, I returned to find the Aigle  "Marathon". Having lost that much time (6 missions), I can only afford to miss only 1 more before getting locked out of the grind.

So is this punishment for having two pretty busy weeks and being unable to play?

My suggestion, and I hope it is at least acknowledged by WG staff is pretty simple, and in fact has already been done in a very similar game.

In World of Tanks, during the T-34-85M Marathon, you would get tokens for each mission completed. To unlock the tank you had to have 13 tokens for an 18 day Marathon I think. In addition to that, you could buy 5 tokens to get the number you needed for the tank unlock for a far lower price than buying the tank itself from the premium shop. Please consider this, I don't think I would mind paying 5 dollars to get "tokens" or whatever you wanna call them, and also continue my marathon much calmer.

Its a win-win scenario; You get money for tokens for a ship I wouldn't really pay the full price for and you can still sell the ship in the premium shop. The only question is, why has this not been considered at all, when there is already in World of Tanks?

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am playing the "Marathon" as a side note,I don't play DD's on a reg basis. If I complete it or not  doesn't really matter, just another Free Ship.

[TDG]
Members
1,736 posts
10,042 battles

At some point, just buy the ship.

I was traveling over Christmas, so I did not complete the Aft-Vent series.

The purpose of these series is to encourage more gameplay.  Consistent numbers of players/battles might be a metric they are keying as we have seen a number of these "play every day" setups.

There are other things, like the Aigle missions and the Crimson Crates, that encourage purchases early, and then also encourage daily engagement.

Sometime RL gets in the way.  I adjust my expectation based on the effort I'm willing to expend.  Sometimes, I don't get what I want.  Sometimes, I have to buy the ship rather than grind it out.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

It’s not that you are being punished.  People who were around are being rewarded... big difference.

I just bought the ship and have no regrets.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,026 posts
19,638 battles
8 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I was waiting for this topic. We got the, "WTH with the French BB Mission RNG" thread, and the "OMG my life is over French Cpt" thread; which In all honesty I get the dislike for the RNG implementation but doesnt bother me too much as I just see them as bonuses. I welcome the "FU game I missed on the Aigle" thread. 

You will never win WG. Just give up and give everything for free with no effort, and go bankrupt. 

A bit harsh...  The OP was merely suggesting the idea of being able to buy at least a few credits forward the Aigle mission.  Hardly a "get it for free" whine.

[KWF]
Members
3,741 posts
5,401 battles
49 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I was waiting for this topic. We got the, "WTH with the French BB Mission RNG" thread, and the "OMG my life is over French Cpt" thread; which In all honesty I get the dislike for the RNG implementation but doesnt bother me too much as I just see them as bonuses. I welcome the "FU game I missed on the Aigle" thread. 

You will never win WG. Just give up and give everything for free with no effort, and go bankrupt. 

I didnt say that, I was just suggesting I will probably get something like 14-16 missions done and because of that I wont have the chance to get the reward. I am willing to pay, just not willing to pay the price of a Tier 6 that costs as much as a T7. I am merely suggesting a compromise and I didnt ask for anything free. If you think thats grounds for whining,.sure thing.:fish_happy:

Edited by warheart1992

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
17,409 battles

We're talking about the french collection, right?  You can buy Vive la France! containers.  Each one comes with a random item for the collection, so you will probably want to buy the smallest amount you need and work from their if you need to fill out the collection with duplicates.

[OO7]
Members
3,846 posts
9,054 battles
1 minute ago, DreadRaybo said:

We're talking about the french collection, right?  You can buy Vive la France! containers.  Each one comes with a random item for the collection, so you will probably want to buy the smallest amount you need and work from their if you need to fill out the collection with duplicates.

... no.

Did you read anything here?

[PVE]
Members
3,970 posts
22,314 battles
7 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

Eh, I'm at work, so I couldn't look it up and wasn't sure.

The DD requirements are the 18/24 missions in the mission screen that's going on...related only in the fact that the DD is also French (& originally advertised in same promo) but not obtainable through the crates.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

I have not yet failed to complete any of the missions to date. I have seven completed. There are to be TWENTY SIX total missions. 18 of 26 are required, the mission ends 3/26/2018 ( I suspect at server reboot time).  There are 33 whole days until reboot time. 

This last mission expires tomorrow, the 21st. So another mission should be coming, yes? 

I understand their goal is to get the numbers up and it seems so far with everything they are doing, numbers appear to be up - but that's just from my fuzzywuzzy memory. 

I agree with the OP but it'd probably be more along the lines of a higher cost. Suppose 20 "tokens" were required. You managed to get only two. If the ship would normally retail for oh, say $40, the tokens would each cost $2. In order to buy tokens you'd have to win at least 50% of them. When the missions/campaign ended, I'd put the ship on sale for oh, a week or two at full retail of 40. Then she'd go off sale for at least 90 days. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

I will say I completed some tasks tonight, got a total of seven containers and got mostly duplicates, some signals and camos. No further missions for ships of tier 6, 7 or 8. You'd think out of seven crates you might get one eh? 

Members
4,157 posts
15,761 battles

I completed yesterday's Aigle mission but didn't get a mission today. What gives?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I have not yet failed to complete any of the missions to date. I have seven completed. There are to be TWENTY SIX total missions. 18 of 26 are required, the mission ends 3/26/2018 ( I suspect at server reboot time).  There are 33 whole days until reboot time. 

This last mission expires tomorrow, the 21st. So another mission should be coming, yes? 

I understand their goal is to get the numbers up and it seems so far with everything they are doing, numbers appear to be up - but that's just from my fuzzywuzzy memory. 

I agree with the OP but it'd probably be more along the lines of a higher cost. Suppose 20 "tokens" were required. You managed to get only two. If the ship would normally retail for oh, say $40, the tokens would each cost $2. In order to buy tokens you'd have to win at least 50% of them. When the missions/campaign ended, I'd put the ship on sale for oh, a week or two at full retail of 40. Then she'd go off sale for at least 90 days. 

Is there a way to tell what the active tasks are?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,190 posts
16,493 battles
6 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I completed yesterday's Aigle mission but didn't get a mission today. What gives?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/its-pronounced-egg-leh/

Scroll down that page to the Aigle missions, it tells you when each one is available.

Most of them are available for 2-3 days, and sometimes there's 2 on at once.

• Cool 1

Members
4,157 posts
15,761 battles
1 hour ago, grumpymunky said:

Scroll down that page to the Aigle missions, it tells you when each one is available.

Thank you! I didn't notice that. :Smile_great:

[TDG]
Members
1,736 posts
10,042 battles
4 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

Single mission for Monday-Tuesday

Single mission for Wednesday-Thursday

Two missions for the weekend (Friday to Sunday)

Obviously adjusting for actual cut-off time, but this is the pattern.