Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CG59

Coming off Chappy, new to donskoi

10 comments in this topic

Members
542 posts
3,000 battles

As title describes, I am coming to the donskoi after chapayev. I loved my chappy, and any advice on how donskoi plays differently and what setups wok well is welcome. Thank you

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles

I just did the same actually. I've currently got the FCS but not the hills yet.

I'm running Radar mod, Rudder shift mod, aiming systems mod, concealment, and RoF mod.

I'm trying to play her similarly to Chappy, and seeing how that goes. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,503 posts
13,702 battles
27 minutes ago, CG59 said:

I am coming to the donskoi after chapayev

7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I just did the same actually

Can you 2 please give some advices on the Chappy? set up and such ... getting close to Chappy here

Members
542 posts
3,000 battles
Just now, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Can you 2 please give some advices on the Chappy? set up and such ... getting close to Chappy here

I ran CE, concealment, IFHE, those were the most important. I strongly advise getting IFHE. Stock Chappy is kinda trash, but fully upgraded she's a mosnter. Last night I had two games in her, back to back, over 110k and one arsonist and the other witherer. Never farmed so many bb tears. 

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
17,368 battles
27 minutes ago, CG59 said:

I ran CE, concealment, IFHE, those were the most important. I strongly advise getting IFHE. Stock Chappy is kinda trash, but fully upgraded she's a mosnter. Last night I had two games in her, back to back, over 110k and one arsonist and the other witherer. Never farmed so many bb tears. 

If your captain is going to stay with Chappy, then this is a good build.  But if you're going to progress him up the line to Moskva, then I would advise against getting IFHE.  After Chappy it won't provide much benefit for the point cost, as the guns on the tier 9 and 10 ships get progressively larger.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles
4 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

When you're stock, use the spotter plane to get your range up until you get the range module. Then get the hull.

The upgrades I used were main armaments mod 1, damage con mod 1, aiming systems mod 1, steering gears mod 2, and concealment mod 1. 

With IFHE and CE, you got stealth radar ability, and you can zig zag and kite pretty easily when you need to.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,503 posts
13,702 battles

@Doomlock,

Quick question, did you use the same capt from Chappy to Donskoi or totally new capt?

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles
12 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

@Doomlock,

Quick question, did you use the same capt from Chappy to Donskoi or totally new capt?

I moved my Chappy captain to Donskoi. I took advantage of the free captain retraining from earlier in the month to get IFHE off of him because I'm planning on moving him up to Moskva.

[DD214]
Members
795 posts
30,248 battles

As far as IFHE, it's good on the ships up to AND including the Dom, it's not worth it on the Moskva

[B2P]
Members
248 posts
5,761 battles
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Doomlock said:

I moved my Chappy captain to Donskoi. I took advantage of the free captain retraining from earlier in the month to get IFHE off of him because I'm planning on moving him up to Moskva.

A smart move if you won't be able to retrain afterwards; 
BUT, the Donskoi's 180mm guns do benefit from IFHE still. She basically plays like Chapayev with even flatter gun arcs and better AP. Difference is, Donskoi can comfortably play from 18km away and range module is viable. Don't be afraid to HE spam their bow tanking ships from max range, because your guns hit reliably and with flat trajectory. At the same time....don't spend the whole match kiting around the skirts at max range like a Zao. You won't make use of Radar like that. The ability to HE spam from range is a ulitity so you won't feel useless on wide maps like Tears of the Cruisers and Okinawa. You should absolutely use your 12x 180mm guns to bear AP down on broadside cruisers. It'll hurt battleships too. Donskoi is a bridge of Chapa and Moskva. This is the area where you need to put more emphasis on AP....and then even more emphasis on AP on Moskva. The biggest mistake you can make on Moskva is to fire HE like any other cruiser and spam it. Nonono. Use the Donskoi and learn to trust your AP. 

Bonus is that without IFHE, you do have that better fire chance. 

Sign in to follow this