Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

New Ranked Ideas

22 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,052 posts
12,551 battles

Based on a few complaints I was commonly hearing I thought of a couple ideas for future Ranked seasons

Have 1 human and 6 bot players per team, that way nobody can say one team gets stacked with a bunch of Unicum players and it will fall to the 2 human to win or lose the battle. Reason I don't suggest 1 vs 1 is some ships just can't function well without something else being in the battle, 

Other idea I got from my Corgi account is grant players every Ranked eligible ship in the game with 19 point Captains temporarily to put everyone on even playing field that way nobody can blame success or losses on somebody else having a ship or Captain they can't get since the playing field will be even as far as ships and captains go.

( Although Wargaming probably would hate this second idea since we all know they make a bundle off players wanting 19 point Captains or the best Ranked ships )

[LUCK]
Members
1,719 posts
25,544 battles

Ranked is fine. Add an irrevocable at R5 is about all it really needs.

I rather enjoyed the season that had T6 to Rank 15, then T8 from thereon. Unfortunately, I was awful at T8 then so that's on me not the structure.

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
6,098 posts
13,099 battles

I Linda like the shield idea that tanks does. Put that for r5. Let's face it, way too many potatoes make it into the r5 bracket that shouldn't be there. If they had an irrevocable rank 5, that would be awful. 

6 bots would do nothing but Yolo into each other. You've obviously never played coop. So you would end up with 1v1 anyways.

19 point captains aren't everything. If someone isn't good enough to rank out, they aren't going to with a 19 point captain. It's not an I win button. I played the first little bit with several points below 19 and did just fine like that. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

IROC

During Ranked season One ship is Given to every player for the duration of the season each Identical.

Skill Carries the Day.

• Cool 2

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

IROC

During Ranked season One ship is Given to every player for the duration of the season each Identical.

Skill Carries the Day.

Same color schemes used for camo ?

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Identical means Identical

I get that, you said IROC and they had different colored cars , I remember Earnhardt in the pink car once soooooo..

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The red and green markers in the game are enough distinction for Ranked.

In IROC the colors are there for Sponsors and  Spectators neither of which is needed in ranked.

IROC is an acronym for International Race Of Champions 

This I know you know but the spirit is the same

5 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

I get that, you said IROC and they had different colored cars , I remember Earnhardt in the pink car once soooooo..

[RKLES]
Members
11,052 posts
12,551 battles
22 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I Linda like the shield idea that tanks does. Put that for r5. Let's face it, way too many potatoes make it into the r5 bracket that shouldn't be there. If they had an irrevocable rank 5, that would be awful. 

6 bots would do nothing but Yolo into each other. You've obviously never played coop. So you would end up with 1v1 anyways.

19 point captains aren't everything. If someone isn't good enough to rank out, they aren't going to with a 19 point captain. It's not an I win button. I played the first little bit with several points below 19 and did just fine like that. 

Of course I have played Co-Op the bots would yolo, spot the enemy human, I would kill them, then move on to next battle. No more waiting full 20 minutes in a battle because my teams full of " intelligent human players" refusing  to leave spawn or the very brief battles where half my team shot each other with Torps in the spawn...

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,062 battles
27 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

I could not think of any better way of making ranking out worse than it already is. The problem with ranked is bad players climbing their way up the leagues through being carried. They make it to rank 5, then deservedly get pushed back down to the second league. Making R5 irrevocable will just keep bad players in the premier league MM and ruin it for everyone else. If you can't keep yourself in the premier league, you don't deserve to stay there. There should be no irrevocable ranks at all, let alone at R5.

Members
628 posts
2,056 battles
30 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

I rather enjoyed the season that had T6 to Rank 15, then T8 from thereon. Unfortunately, I was awful at T8 then so that's on me not the structure.

I agree with everything he said. I prefer T6 to T8 or T7 for sure, but at the same time T6 was the same bland, 130k-ish, tons of losses gameplay for most of the season.

[LUCK]
Members
1,719 posts
25,544 battles
9 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I could not think of any better way of making ranking out worse than it already is. The problem with ranked is bad players climbing their way up the leagues through being carried. They make it to rank 5, then deservedly get pushed back down to the second league. Making R5 irrevocable will just keep bad players in the premier league MM and ruin it for everyone else. If you can't keep yourself in the premier league, you don't deserve to stay there. There should be no irrevocable ranks at all, let alone at R5.

There are already irrevocable milestones that correspond to required number wins, etc. per rank and R5 breaks the model, that's all.

The published distribution graph shows the vast majority of ranked participants did not progress past R12 which leads me to believe the number of "bad" players at R5 and above would be few.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

As long as ranked is a grind not a measure of skill it's meaningless.   There are plenty of people that make rank 1 every season by playing a thousand games.  

Just eliminate ranked completely, run clan wars constantly. A week or two between seasons at most.  This isn't an individual game and there is no individual ranking that isn't exploitable.

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles

What about having to select three ships for a Ranked Battle.

MM picks a random ship out of the selected ship list. You will see for yourself when entering the battle.

This makes it more difficult for new players to join, thus the average skill level will slightly increase.

You will also see people playing multiple ships.

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,062 battles
14 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

There are already irrevocable milestones that correspond to required number wins, etc. per rank and R5 breaks the model, that's all.

The published distribution graph shows the vast majority of ranked participants did not progress past R12 which leads me to believe the number of "bad" players at R5 and above would be few.

"Bad" is relative. What is okay for rank 12-6, is bad for rank 5. If you're good enough for premier league, then why would you need R5 to be irrevocable?

[OO7]
Members
6,098 posts
13,099 battles
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Of course I have played Co-Op the bots would yolo, spot the enemy human, I would kill them, then move on to next battle. No more waiting full 20 minutes in a battle because my teams full of " intelligent human players" refusing  to leave spawn or the very brief battles where half my team shot each other with Torps in the spawn...

Tbh, I'd be very curious to see what you think is an intelligent human player. 

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
3,846 posts
9,054 battles
45 minutes ago, joris92 said:

What about having to select three ships for a Ranked Battle.

MM picks a random ship out of the selected ship list. You will see for yourself when entering the battle.

This makes it more difficult for new players to join, thus the average skill level will slightly increase.

You will also see people playing multiple ships.

You've obviously not seen the hordes of torp wielding Atagos or Derpitzes in game..

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,772 battles

It really comes down to what WG sees in Ranked mode.

Currently, Ranked mode is a cash grab. Ideally, all the performance flags and camo should either be auto equiped for free or completely banned. Ships should be either restricted to fully researched one with at least 10 point captain, or provide a completely researched ship with captain. Of course, should also earn player nothing, except rank points. AND rank points are rewarded solely based on match outcome, none of that first place retain a star crap.

WG's not going to implement any of that, because WG doesn't treat Ranked mode as a legitimate selection process for competitions. There will also not going to be any "esport" scene worthy of note for WoWS (inbeforekingofwhatevertournament bruh the viewer number is in the thousands, some random dude talking about dolls have more viewers than that.)

The idea is not exactly new, if you search the forums. Stock ship, untrained captain, and running out of flags are the three most frustrating thing that WG can immediately change for the better. To be honest, if the 3 things are changed, all the player toxicity will melt away with it.

Here's a long rant:

The same thread goes for dozens of pages, worth a read. There's also a WG official "ranked mode suggestions survey" on reddit: 

Edited by NeutralState

[RKLES]
Members
11,052 posts
12,551 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Tbh, I'd be very curious to see what you think is an intelligent human player. 

Lol the common belief that humans have far superior intelligence to machines often gets challenged in my eyes by some players online at times, to be honest I have seen bits play more intelligently than a few human players I have witnessed. Now granted most human players in this game play more intelligently than a bot, but there are still a few that play less intelligently than the bots. Which is shocking for me since I grew up with a lot of highly intelligent people in my life which I am grateful for them.

Now if Wargaming upgraded their Ai Bots to the Ai I have played against in some other games the Ai bar in game would be raised significantly. Wargaming Ai Bots are not that bright compared to some of the adaptative Ai opponts I have had to fight numerous times ( such joy to fight ruthless, emotionless, cunning, creative Ai opponents lol ), honestly you stick a few Strong Ai players like those game and they would be all Rank out because of the nature if that type of Ai.

Actually interestingly enough some of the top players in WOWs theoretically might be Ai robots because I have seen a team of Ai robots learning to play video games and being given increasingly difficult types of games to play, but not really a way to prove one way or the other if top players are now Ai due to the fact those robots I saw had bodies including hands and normal human game controls. Only possible way to maybe know if a top player is Ai is human or not would be to chat with them, but then again you could have human supervisior handle chat while the team of robots handled the gameplay.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles

its easy to make bots  to be better than players.        but who want it.     

I'd rather have ranked be    continous rather than season to season.     5 bracket and you move up and down based on  base XP  average.   each season is limited to 100 matches per bracket.   so if you move up, you get another 100, but only so.    reward is based on bracket you end up with.   

Sign in to follow this