Runetheblue

in game chat

21 comments in this topic

[TF77V]
Members
3 posts
5,422 battles

get rid of in game chat altogether. keep quick commands but that is it. chat ruins this game with all the name calling and nonsense. 

[RKLES]
Members
11,031 posts
12,551 battles

If we get better about sending in report tickets to Wargaming support these players spamming profanity in chat will all be banned...

• Cool 1

[TF77V]
Members
3 posts
5,422 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

It maybe simpler to just have a chat filter like most online games.

if i were to have an option to turn chat off, i would go for that. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,125 posts
20,552 battles
10 minutes ago, Runetheblue said:

get rid of in game chat altogether. keep quick commands but that is it. chat ruins this game with all the name calling and nonsense. 

Search the forums, Luke....

Members
1,125 posts
20,552 battles
1 minute ago, Runetheblue said:

could have been non trollish ;) 

You spelled Jediish wrong. :P

• Funny 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
787 posts
10,029 battles
23 minutes ago, Runetheblue said:

November Charlie Tango Lima.

Supertester
215 posts
6,173 battles
14 minutes ago, Runetheblue said:

You can turn chat off in options I believe. 

Edited by EpicLeveler

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
787 posts
10,029 battles
22 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

It maybe simpler to just have a chat filter like most online games.

November Charlie Tango Lima, No Comment This Loc. Chaos, I like the (limited) humor in chat. It makes the game better. And good to see you still around.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
52 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Chaos, I like the (limited) humor in chat.

I have no issue with humor, it is the verbal attacks that some feel that they must issue to everyone during the whole battle. 

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
787 posts
10,029 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I have no issue with humor, it is the verbal attacks that some feel that they must issue to everyone during the whole battle. 

I concur. There is no reason for bad chat, can only figure it as failure to recognise ones own faults.

[RKLES]
Members
11,031 posts
12,551 battles
1 hour ago, Runetheblue said:

Tap enter key while in Battle, then hold Control Key which frees your mouse, then click on the X just below the chat window, and now your battle chat will be muted except for auto battle messages.

When insults are getting slammed in chat or other idiotic chat likely by kids I mute chat since nothing useful will be said in those kind of battles anyway.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

As a chat offender.... yes, I admit it... but I'm tired of these noobs not looking and ramming me, despite a very long blast from my ships horn... or I am between them and the enemy and they fire torpedoes.... (stopping or turning a Battleship is NOT that easy compared the little tin can they drive!)

Rather than blame EVERYTHING on people like me.... get rid of the children that do not know how to drive a warship.

I only do it when I have cause to.... but I agree... having someone ask for help, intel, attn to sector XX .... and other messages, constantly... yes, they need to be banned.

BUT... at least the N.A. servers have a profanity filter.... the E.U. doesn't.

I have also noticed that winning a prize worthy to be called a prize is better in the NA than on the EU... where my main account is, the first time I started playing again on the NA server, I won two good prizes... I NEVER when anything except more signal flags on the EU server.

[RKLES]
Members
11,031 posts
12,551 battles
31 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

As a chat offender.... yes, I admit it... but I'm tired of these noobs not looking and ramming me, despite a very long blast from my ships horn... or I am between them and the enemy and they fire torpedoes.... (stopping or turning a Battleship is NOT that easy compared the little tin can they drive!)

Rather than blame EVERYTHING on people like me.... get rid of the children that do not know how to drive a warship.

I only do it when I have cause to.... but I agree... having someone ask for help, intel, attn to sector XX .... and other messages, constantly... yes, they need to be banned.

BUT... at least the N.A. servers have a profanity filter.... the E.U. doesn't.

I have also noticed that winning a prize worthy to be called a prize is better in the NA than on the EU... where my main account is, the first time I started playing again on the NA server, I won two good prizes... I NEVER when anything except more signal flags on the EU server.

I blame the players that do not look where they are going, are completely clueless in pretty much every aspect of the game, and then spend the entire battle seeing how much profanity they can Spam the chat with as well. That leads to screen shots followed by battle chat mute by me.

Then after battle I let Wargaming support silence the offending player or players for a while. Often seems that usually the worst chat violators are commonly the least intelligent players and a good Ban for them can mean improved battles.

Good motivation for watching what you put in chat since if you added couple profanities into chat aimed at the offending prayer you could get caught by moderator and be collateral damage when Ban hammer falls of the spammer

I have heard it just takes 1 profanity to get you a Ban or warning by a moderator depending on what mood the moderators are in.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Not had a ban yet.... my profanity is limited to a statement like this...

"Look where you're going, next time, idiot"

Torpedoes.... depending on damage done... no damage... 1 line insult....

if he sinks me.... well, I have always had a bad temper. Last night was the worst... as soon as his torps were active, he fired.... I was sunk immediately... what was he shooting at? NOTHING!!!!

Unless.... his intention was to sink me..... in case... I felt justified in what I said to him :(

[WOLF6]
Members
833 posts
7,845 battles
2 hours ago, Runetheblue said:

Aslain's mod pack has a mod to disable chat .

Members
57 posts
6,735 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, kiwi1960 said:

Not had a ban yet.... my profanity is limited to a statement like this...

"Look where you're going, next time, idiot"

Torpedoes.... depending on damage done... no damage... 1 line insult....

if he sinks me.... well, I have always had a bad temper. Last night was the worst... as soon as his torps were active, he fired.... I was sunk immediately... what was he shooting at? NOTHING!!!!

Unless.... his intention was to sink me..... in case... I felt justified in what I said to him :(

I agree on the torps.  20k away on T6 and they are launching torps... wth?

[PVE]
Members
453 posts
9,018 battles
7 hours ago, Ronin69 said:

I agree on the torps.  20k away on T6 and they are launching torps... wth?

Well, people also pop hydro when no enemy ship can possibly be within range, must be to look for the blind torpedoes fired by the enemy ;)

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
4,159 battles

I got tired of being called an idiot and a moron and being a member of a crapteam. It makes no sense to bad mouth other players because things don't go to suit you. I quit my clan and disabled chat for that very reason. They still sometimes find ways to continue with the insults but I no longer get angry with them and have nothing to say to them as their insults are actually referring to their own ignorance, It is so sad that things like this can make an enjoyable game quite unenjoyable for many players. That's my 2 cents worth. Thank you.