Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

My FIRST match in the Minotaur, and... WOW!

9 comments in this topic

Members
742 posts
4,700 battles

Wow, as in exclamation, not World OWarships.  But, man, I wish I had pulled the trigger on this earlier.

My first tier 10 ship was the Großer Kurfürst, and want to talk about a 180 degree turn from that ship?  The Minotaur...

Every 2.8 seconds each of the 10 152mm guns spits out some nasty stuff in these high arcs near 15km ranges.  These shells float so long one can stop shooting and the hits still land for 3 seconds after I stopped pushing the left mouse button.

What a beast.  I took the smoke off of my Neptune and used the Radar module: 49 seconds of radar.  Good for teams; crap for solo work.  For my Minotaur, I have the Hydroacoustic module installed: 120 seconds of hydro!  The reload is 120 seconds! I only have a 10 point captain on this thing; I cannot WAIT to put an Admiral in this fiend!

Consider me sold.

Spoiler

shot-18.02.19_19.47.57-0800_zpsztwmn3ql.

shot-18.02.19_19.48.03-0556_zpsqxcwbasj.

shot-18.02.19_19.48.27-0354_zps0twivdcb.

shot-18.02.19_19.48.09-0794_zps4uvuyanr.

DO see why one buys the 5,000 doubloon camo.  Even in THAT nice match, I lost (a small amount of) credits.  And, I never even thought to use my torpedoes.  I wonder...

Yep, I cannot wait to play this more.

~Beorn (the pleased)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
204 posts
7,392 battles

I have enjoyed the Minotaur myself. 

So much so, with the premium camo and flag, it is my best money maker ship. Even a bad game will still get me ~100k credits. It was also the ship that got me 1 million credits in a single battle for the first and only time.

It was also the ship I used to get my first 19 point captain (also started with a 10 point captain on the ship).

• Cool 1

Members
742 posts
4,700 battles
9 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

I have enjoyed the Minotaur myself. 

So much so, with the premium camo and flag, it is my best money maker ship. Even a bad game will still get me ~100k credits. It was also the ship that got me 1 million credits in a single battle for the first and only time.

It was also the ship I used to get my first 19 point captain (also started with a 10 point captain on the ship).

Well, I have 2 19pt captains: my Großer Kurfürst captain, and my Missouri captain (who is going to be named "John Doe" soon I guess?).  I play the Missouri ALL the time for credits (which reminds me...  I dropped 20 mil on the boat and another 4 on the modules, so...  I need to recover the costs on the Minotaur; better get in the Mighty Mo for some credit grinds!)  I have the fancy camo on the GK, and I MIGHT get it on the Mino, but... roughly $20 for the camo?  I need to play it another 45-50 matches before I decide if I am going to invest doubloons into the beastie.

~B

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Congrats on enjoying the Minotaur! She's a ton of fun until you misplace yourself on the map... then it gets dark and ugly real fast ;-) Maybe we'll see you out there doing the Mino thing! 

• Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
125 posts
4,637 battles

Wow! Fantastic score on your first run. Congrats. I too just got mine last night and was totally amazed as well by her damage output. I guess it's no surprise since she is one ship I sail away from in a DD, or any ship for that matter and is always the first one I try to destroy when they are not focused on me.

Looking forward to taking her out tonight too and may give radar a go instead of smoke.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
428 posts
6,375 battles

By far my favorite ship in the game.  I have three 7 kill games in my first 30 matches in her. 

Mino is a beast as long as you plan ahead, position right and don't get caught by radar.

I have yet to see any ship that wants to be focused by a Mino behind an island or in smoke...everyone hits the brakes. Truth be told More than half my shells will bounce or break but the constant rain drives people crazy.  

Fantastic ship and I may have to pick up the camo for her as well.

• Cool 1

Members
742 posts
4,700 battles
On 2/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, LastSamurai714 said:

I have yet to see any ship that wants to be focused by a Mino behind an island or in smoke...everyone hits the brakes. Truth be told More than half my shells will bounce or break but the constant rain drives people crazy.  

Truer words never spoken (well, typed!)...

~B

Sign in to follow this