You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

Painful Defeats

18 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
347 posts
5,454 battles

It happens to even the best of us. You get good hits on many ships, lots of citadels and/or torpedo hits, lots of fires and floods but while you and your flank do well, the other side of the map, the team collapses and you're overwhelmed. You stare at the defeat screen, sometimes with high caliber, confederate, Kraken, or some combination of the three. 150k+ damage games are painful to lose, particularly as it could've been the first win of the day in the ship. Yet we all deal with it the same way, hit play and try again.

I was going to share a screenshot of my recent one, but I'm being told it goes over my .5 MB upload limit.

But what about you guys, had any losses that were rough to walk away from recently?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,697 battles

Painful defeat is seeing your clan members on my side of the match.

Also, literally sunk half the enemy team, still lost. Because ram me with a cactus deeply, that's why...

8824_533_1510430468.jpg

Edited by NeutralState

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Painful defeat is seeing your clan members on my side of the match.

Is it getting Cold in Here?

Members
3,041 posts
11,677 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It's older, but still the most painful defeat I ever had.

What, no Close Quarter Expert?  Shame!  :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
347 posts
5,454 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It's older, but still the most painful defeat I ever had.

qWQKY8J.jpg

Ouch! I can feel the sting.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
347 posts
5,454 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I still get pissy over this match

386k yamato game (2).jpg

And who could blame you :cap_wander:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,728 battles
Just now, brym7 said:

And who could blame you :cap_wander:

My team for not carrying harder

[WOLF2]
Members
425 posts
7,789 battles

Don't have any personal great game examples handy.

However, had a couple games yesterday where the team had all or at least two of the caps and a massive point lead.

You take a guess what happened.

Those are just as painful.

[PSV]
Members
8 posts
9,722 battles

Had an 8 kill Cleveland game a couple of years ago. We lost because a Pensacola on a sliver of health decided to Yolo with one minute left in the game. We barely lost on points. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
8,035 battles

not a specific battle, but over the course of the day a week ago Sunday, 22 battles, 22 losses, 12 of those I had 3 or 4 kills each, of those 12, 8 of them I had the only kills on the team

next day, 16 battles, 16 losses

that Friday, 12 battles, 10 losses

2 days ago (this past Sunday), 19 battles, 17 losses

I'm not going to carry a team, but c'mon MM, throw me a bone will ya?

• Funny 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
769 posts
9,958 battles
1 hour ago, brym7 said:

But what about you guys, had any losses that were rough to walk away from recently?

Yup, about five today. But happens.

[CRMSN]
5,955 posts
4,333 battles
1 hour ago, brym7 said:

It happens to even the best of us. You get good hits on many ships, lots of citadels and/or torpedo hits, lots of fires and floods but while you and your flank do well, the other side of the map, the team collapses and you're overwhelmed. You stare at the defeat screen, sometimes with high caliber, confederate, Kraken, or some combination of the three. 150k+ damage games are painful to lose, particularly as it could've been the first win of the day in the ship. Yet we all deal with it the same way, hit play and try again.

I was going to share a screenshot of my recent one, but I'm being told it goes over my .5 MB upload limit.

Had one last night in my Kidd. 

Was just melting everything I met.  Surrounded by BB's(4) on all sides of my smoke had them all under 6km ranges just melting broadsides. 

Sunk a 2 of them, had amagi broadside to my 5 inchers just smaking off 2k health every couple of seconds. 

See all my team members just sink one after the other, see the last guy go and i caught the start of "YOU ARE THE LAST HOPE" 

And i crapyou not, I could of pulled that win out of the defeat.. But the second my last friendly sunk and i heard the  YOU ARE THE.... 

Game ended on points.. :( 

Members
1,051 posts
4,647 battles

Getting my damage and kill records in my Montana about 3 weeks ago.  280k damage, 7 kills and 2 captures is not enough to carry a team it seems.  

[CRMSN]
5,955 posts
4,333 battles
2 hours ago, brym7 said:

This is the match lol. 

I looked at the port screen and just sighed and logged off for the night lol! 

ofv0BI8.jpg

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,684 posts
7,167 battles

shot-18.02.02_09.32.51-0842.jpg

This one was extra painful because I just needed to survive another 20 seconds for a Solo Warrior