You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Best Allied CA for new OP?

54 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles

What is the best Allied tier 7 CA for the new Operation that will arrive next update? ( Besides Belfast)

I typically use only Axis built when using most tiers of Cruisers, only allied ships I use are Destroyers, low tier Cruisers, and Battleships. I do find Allied Cruisers to be a little on the lightly built side for my taste lol.

Members
1,271 posts
3,634 battles

I would assume that most of the enemies in the operation will be destroyers and cruisers and Fiji works wonders on them.

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles
9 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

What do you like about Axis CA? That might help us point you in the right direction.

The Torpedoes, the guns that do wonders with setting fires as well as powerful HE, reasonable mobility, and at least with IJN tier 5+ they are all Heavy Cruisers, plus stealth rating is good on them.

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles

Well *ahem* Pensacola with full secondary build will be great, imo....

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,110 posts

Given the context of the OP and how it plays out, it's more about what role in the convoy you want to take. The CAs will be busy with overmatching the hostile cruisers while the CLs will be screening hostile DDs and their torp waves from the convoy. Mix in the need for at least one AA spec'd heavy cruiser to deal with the swarm of aircraft you'll be under.

[O_O]
Members
806 posts
5,652 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

For me it will be my Algérie, have you ever thought about the French?

Yep, this would be my suggestion.  Fewer torpedoes, but great speed, excellent guns and bizarro armor.  I haven't played a whole huge pile of games in her yet with other commitments taking priority, but I've enjoyed the ones I have.

-R

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I’m thinking Fiji. Don’t have any experience with the French T7, but they typically have lower DMP than their counterparts. I like Pensacola and Indianapolis but they both perform best at standoff distances. In operations you usually are forced to stand up and fight at close range so they aren’t that well suited for them. Their 8” reload wouldn’t help either. Atlanta has DPM, but she doesn’t like to stand up and fight either. Myoko might be a wild card, but personally I prefer US cruisers for their better gun handling. Yorck probably would be ok, she’s got decent armor and the close brawling in Operations negates her poor shell velocity.

Fiji is easily citadeled, but her heal gives her longevity, smoke allows you to hide from bots. She has excellent DPM as well.

edit: Sorry, got caught writing forgot Axis weren’t allowed.

Edited by SavageTactical

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Unless they massively change it, it won't really matter because I was able to 5 star it every time I played.  For context I managed to lose a coop battle but did not fail to 5 star this on the 4 or 5 times I played it.  There is also a section where you have to kill one of each of the t6-8 German BBs including the premiums (5 total).  The lack of torps on Pepsi probably  makes it the worst, but either of the other two should be completely viable.

Members
100 posts
352 battles

I played the op on test server and found the fiji and algerie to be best CA options. But my preference was to run lyon or richairu with secondary build. 

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles
43 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

I played the op on test server and found the fiji and algerie to be best CA options. But my preference was to run lyon or richairu with secondary build. 

Wait you can run Lyon and do the OP?

[WOLFB]
Members
2,832 posts
5,870 battles

If you have an Atlanta then that. But the French are pretty good also. Fiji is a good ship just never go sideways.

[5BS]
Members
8,864 posts

Belfast probably is best: IFHE + 12 152mm guns is nothing to scoff at + radar. Indy might be worthwhile too, assuming the Radar works in the storms. As far as non-prems are concerned, really the only one that is worthwhile is the Algeries; Fiji's AP-Only cripples it against the bots that tend to angle/go bow in and the abundance of BB's, plus the fact that stopping in smoke doesn't work in most ops (they are too focused on movement accross the map (much to my loving) for that to work), and that the bots are adept at nailing cits, makes the Fiji one of the worst T7's for ops and Pensacola's bad, mostly because it doesnt really HAVE anything going for it; nice AP but has the same problem as Fiji using it, plus no interesting consumables (really the USN CA's have been power-crept to all hell). Atlanta may work, but I suspect range will be a major issue for it.

[5BS]
Members
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lyon, Rich and Gasc can all be used, along with UK, US, and French T7 CA/CL's. Nothing else.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,730 battles
2 hours ago, Zarenno said:

Well *ahem* Pensacola with full secondary build will be great, imo....

3, haha 3...

Zarenno wants to be hardcore, but his clan mates won't let him.

HAHAHAHAHAH 3,....

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Lyon, Rich and Gasc can all be used, along with UK, US, and French T7 CA/CL's. Nothing else.

Oh good lol I just got the Lyon Personal mission from the latest batch of crates I opened from a French mission, add that special French Captain to it and it should complete the mission I would think.

Members
100 posts
352 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Sorry for late quote, but yes tier 7 and 8 French battleships will be usable in this event. The Lyon, Richairu, and Gasgone ( if I spelt it right, the premium one. They were available during the public test round, so I expect the same for the live version as well.

Beta Testers
430 posts
1,229 battles

I see people are joking but Pensacola is much better in OP's than in PvP. The AP is deadly against targets that are not actively dodging you, the AA is actually useful since there is CV in pretty much in every OP and your not gonna get focused down because AI doesn't recognize that you a squishy target.