You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Bringing Corgis back from the grave

Bring back the Corgis!  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG bring back the Corgis again?

• Yes! The event was great and/or I like getting free stuff!
    • No! The event just disrupts everything and/or some other reason(s).
    • Meh. I don't care one way or the other.
    • Bacon. Bork!
  2. 2. What if the Corgi event was renamed, but stayed essentially the same?

• Yes! Rename it, but bring it back.
    • No! Keep the Corgi name, but bring it back. Bork!
    • Nyet! No event like the Corgi event is needed.
    • Meh! Just give me the free stuff, I don't care why or how we get it.
    • Bacon wrapped bacon!

54 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
18,802 posts
11,512 battles

So, Corgi Requiem is over and WG has said it is the last one. What do y'all think? Should Corgi's come back from the grave for another event in a few months? Say Memorial Day or Labor Day since they will be three day holidays? 

Give your reasoning as well please.

Added a question for renaming the event.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,287 posts
13,341 battles

I love BACON, Bork!

Corgi Captain 153 (retired)

[-K-]
Members
7,463 posts
12,164 battles

100% they should return.  It's a unique event that is fun for everyone, and Niko's legacy should move forward with us even after he is gone.

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
1,144 posts
9,224 battles

While I love being a Corgi Captain, i will have to admit that without @SuperNikoPower at the helm, it will have lost some of it's meaning and resonance. For now I am looking forward to seeing what @Radar_X has in store to bring our community together for fun and excitement.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,168 battles

Yes, I really want to see another one of these events. My reasoning? Pretty simple. I got 4 free containers, 1000 doubloons, and 500 ECON/XP signals, from just playing the game and grinding the French event. Also, who thinks It's a lot of fun to actually have something to actively hunt? Said tier at said hours - puppies lurking - Let the hunt begin! And that joyous feeling and increased heart rate when you press the TAB key and see prey....

[ARGSY]
Members
15,578 posts
10,394 battles
2 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

While I love being a Corgi Captain, i will have to admit that without @SuperNikoPower at the helm, it will have lost some of it's meaning and resonance

This. For this reason IMO it has to end here. That sad Corgi with his sailor hat walking down the dock away from the burning ship... that says it all. It's over.

Maybe, just maybe, this time next year they could have "Corgi Fleet: Remembrance..." but I think I would prefer that they tied it all up and let it rest.

What would be nice to keep Niko's legacy alive, though, is some corgi emoticons.

• Cool 2

[7RET]
[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
124 posts
10,000 battles

I'd love it to stick around, even if only for the selfish reason that I would love to be a Corgi captain

[OO7]
Members
3,842 posts
9,054 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This. For this reason IMO it has to end here. That sad Corgi with his sailor hat walking down the dock away from the burning ship... that says it all. It's over.

I actually thought that picture was really awesome and fitting for this reason - kudos to whoever at WG put that image there!

[WOLFB]
Members
2,832 posts
5,842 battles

I am not a fan of the event. This is because I always ended up on the same team as a corgi fleet member so I never got a chance to sink one.

jokeing aside it was a cool event. 

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles

I would love to see it stay in some form - like Super_Splash Fleet or Wolf_Fleet, and of course Pigeon_Fleet. It was the first time I had the honor of being a Corgi_Captain, and I would love to give it a try again in whatever or title it may have.

I know there are some nay-Sayers about the event, but I feel it is one of the best ways for Wargaming NA to show community involvement. 

Chaos_EN2 aka Corgi_Captain_12

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,032 posts
18,247 battles

If WG said it wasn't coming back then it won't be back. The event was tailored to Niko. 

Now it will be @Radar_X's turn to drum up some entertaining events - his way. Looking forward to see what fun he comes up with.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,583 posts
10,128 battles

We've got this thing... and it's called RADAR LOVE.

Yep.   We can skip the dawgs.  o7 Niko.    Thanks for the fun.    @Radar_X - time to get to work on your event!

[NDA]
Supertester
3,921 posts
1,651 battles

While I'm of the opinion that this should be the last Corgi fleet event, I'm all in favor of a replacement player event with a different twist.  I think Splash and Radar will come up with something good.

Also, I want to see similar events continue, if only to further **** off people like the mouthbreather that was cursing me out because he was "tired of hearing about stupid corgis".  I laughed hard - I was in Arkansas Beta and he charged me in a Clemson.  I took one torp as he left his smoke, slipped through his second spread, then put a full salvo of HE justice in his face.  RNG let him survive that (barely) but as he turned to torp me at close range, our Kirov deleted him.  And customer support got a nice gift-wrapped copy of the replay for their entertainment. :D

Members
2,631 posts
7,871 battles

Corgi 106 is ready to return to the Helm should the need ever arise. 

"Cry Havok and Let Slip the Borks of War" -Corgi Fleet Motto.

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
53 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

While they can't call it the Corgi Fleet anymore, since Niko's gone, they could give it to @WolfofWarship and call it something else.

5a8c372bbd239_WolfofWarship.thumb.jpg.9b72ad4259b16628915131dfb4ff098e.jpg

What about a different dog for our new event? This is Zarya, she's my Collie cross. How about a Collie event instead? 

20170616_195457.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,802 posts
11,512 battles
1 minute ago, WolfofWarship said:

What about a different dog for our new event? This is Zarya, she's my Collie cross. How about a Collie event instead? 

20170616_195457.jpg

That will work

[TBW]
Members
8,844 posts
15,701 battles

I think it should be an event still. Maybe we can get Niko to participate in the future. The X Fleet sounds good.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
23 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

How about a Collie event instead? 

Collie_Captain ---- I like it.

• Cool 1

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles
1 hour ago, nina_blain_73 said:

While I love being a Corgi Captain, i will have to admit that without @SuperNikoPower at the helm, it will have lost some of it's meaning and resonance. For now I am looking forward to seeing what @Radar_X has in store to bring our community together for fun and excitement.

Indeed, this is a great opportunity to let the sun set on our Corgis, and look ahead to see what comes next.

Alpha Tester
6,123 posts
2,986 battles

When Jon Stewart left the Daily Show, it didn't go off the air. When Dale Earnhardt Jr. retired, NASCAR didn't stop doing races. When David Lee Roth left Van Halen, they didn't stop touring and recording. I see no reason why we can't have Corgi events without Niko around, if only to keep the memory alive.