You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Saidalphon

So what are my chances of completing the french collection?

31 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
371 posts
7,027 battles

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing in terms of the french collection.

As of now i'm nearly done with the third segment of part two, only being five wins away from getting the final seven crates.

I'm currently missing 8 collection items with 8 duplicates in store so I'm essentially missing 6.

What are my chances of getting a non dupe in 6 out of 7 crates i will receive to be able to finish the entire thing? Just curious really, missing out on the french commander isn't much of a loss but would still be a bit of a bummer. 

Fair seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

[5BS]
Members
8,864 posts

Impossible to tell, as it is rumored there will be more opprotunities to get French Crates after the next patch drops. I wouldn't sweat this one too much.

• Cool 1

[-REK-]
[-REK-]
Members
130 posts
11,317 battles

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - would hate to miss out on commander being short 1 item.  But have only received 1 BB mission - hope to get others with remaining crates but doubt it will happen...

[WOLF4]
Members
437 posts
5,716 battles

I finished the missions, and I only got the mission for the tier 5 French BB, and the collection isn’t complete at all, just kept getting duplicates. They better give us more chances to earn crates cause I want to finish that collection and get the French BBs

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
7 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I finished the missions, and I only got the mission for the tier 5 French BB, and the collection isn’t complete at all, just kept getting duplicates. They better give us more chances to earn crates cause I want to finish that collection and get the French BBs

Im not bothered.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,140 posts

I was doing pretty good on the collection, on my Corgi account. On my main account not so much. Of course, I played the heck out of that Corgi account this weekend too. 

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
3,043 posts
19,430 battles

I finished the collection yesterday with 2 crates to spare but only got the T5 BB out of all those crates.

The good thing is you only need 3 duplicates to purchase a missing collection piece. That's much better than the 5 needed in the HSF collection.

[BUNNY]
Members
255 posts
10,709 battles

Finished mine 2 days ago. But I had bought the Aigle and that gave me an additional container every day. Had to buy 2 things with the duplicates that I had. I did not recieve any of the BB'S but honestly not bothered by that at all

Edited by Roadster311

Members
100 posts
352 battles
34 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Dont forget you can cash in duplicates for uncollected items. Its 3 duplicates per un-collected, hope that helps. 

That is how I finished my collection. I was three parts short and had over 12 duplicates, so it worked out fine in the end. 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Good info!

I'm starting on the 2nd segment of part 2 today. 

I still need 7, but I have 4 dups.

I really hope I get what I need after finishing part 2.

I don't particularly care for the BB missions. I'd be happy if I don't get one in lieu of finishing up.

[WOLF4]
Members
437 posts
5,716 battles
8 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

Dont forget you can cash in duplicates for uncollected items. Its 3 duplicates per un-collected, hope that helps. 

That is how I finished my collection. I was three parts short and had over 12 duplicates, so it worked out fine in the end. 

I spent them all and still don’t have all the items in the collection 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles

Datum: I finished French Addition last night, and have the Bretagne in port and the Normandie grind underway. No crates bought. Not getting the commander doesn't particularly bother me. As a new-ish player to the game, the fact that I have won a T5 battleship complete with all upgrades, port slot and 3-point captain (with its T6 stablemate to follow shortly) is more than enough for me.

I'd love to see a comparison between those who did this all in-game without buying crates vs. those who bought crates before they finished the missions (I would have liked to know also what happened with those who only bought crates, but unless you do all your game playing with ineligible ships you will almost invariably complete at least some of the requirements, and the sample size might be unrepresentatively small there.) I wonder if there is a pattern there, with those who finished the grind FIRST being better rewarded in their subsequent purchases. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,955 posts
4,333 battles
1 hour ago, Saidalphon said:

As of now i'm nearly done with the third segment of part two, only being five wins away from getting the final seven crates.

I'm currently missing 8 collection items with 8 duplicates in store so I'm essentially missing 6.

What are my chances of getting a non dupe in 6 out of 7 crates i will receive to be able to finish the entire thing? Just curious really, missing out on the french commander isn't much of a loss but would still be a bit of a bummer. 

0% , just not enough time for my filthy casual self. 

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

My recollection from the PTS is that the Gold of France temporary campaign also shows the prospect of dropping French crates - can anyone confirm?  If so, you're not out of opportunities.  Probably that comes with the next patch and the live French BB tree - March 2 would be my bet.

By the way, that campaign: at each level, it looks like there are four tasks.  Two are available for general completion, one is Aigle only, and one is Richelieu (or maybe T8+ French BB) only.

[5D]
Members
3,043 posts
19,430 battles
54 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I spent them all and still don’t have all the items in the collection 

I usually wait until I have enough duplicates to complete the collection so that way you don't wind up with a duplicate of something you purchased with duplicates.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,190 posts
16,493 battles

Got it with 15 unique and 11 duplicates, and I've opened another 2 crates since then.

I think there were 25 from the missions, and 3 others have randomly popped up that I can't account for.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,518 posts

For the very first time, I'm showing absolutely no interest in a collection.

If I get them...  meh..  whatever.

Getting that burned out feeling after forcing myself to play too much.

This game is supposed to be fun, not an obsessive pursuit.  Time for me to slack off and let it slide.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
21 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I usually wait until I have enough duplicates to complete the collection so that way you don't wind up with a duplicate of something you purchased with duplicates.

:Smile_great:

[DD214]
Members
795 posts
30,273 battles

With dups most regular players should be able to get it done. Finished mine and got two BBs T5 and T7 already.

Members
1,870 posts
16,383 battles

Have seven containers left, three collectibles and four duplicates.  Will make it, not by much ... no French BB missions yet (consistent with my lack of rolling for super containers).

[PROJX]
Members
1,066 posts
22,682 battles
4 hours ago, Saidalphon said:

Hey Saidaphon! - I wouldn't worry about not getting the French Commander even if you don't complete the collection with the 25 crate opportunities in the 7.1 Release.  The French BB release spans 2 releases (also 7.2 w/ the release of the actual line) and this should also provide additional container opportunities to complete the collection for the French Commander.

WG has never "required" a purchase to complete these collections as long as you do the missions required to get the containers.  The French collection container opportunities seem to be structured similarly to the North Cape/New Year's Campaign which appeared to be short of container opportunities if you only looked at the North Cape Campaign.  Adding the New Year's Campaign provided more than enough containers to statisctically expect to complete your collection.

Be mindful that the F2P game model has an analogy to the old Government Contractors adage "you can have it fast, you can have it cheap or you  can have it good....pick 2 out of 3".  The F2P game model's corollary is "you can have it now, you can have it faster or you can have it for free (at least no cost other than your play time)...if you want either of the 1st 2 options, here are some purchases you can make....".  WG's Missions/Campaigns for Premium ships and other coveted rewards are often structured this way so those who have more limited play time or have the financial resources can purchase something in the Premium Shop to get a reward available by a free-play option.

Edited by hangglide42

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Just got a mission today in the crates from the newest part 2 (cits and wins).  I don't won't the BB, but it will be a port slip, commander, and silver. I need 4 more collection pieces. I'm going to start the French cruiser line soon, so the commanders will come in handy.