You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

French Collection???

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
3,970 posts
22,315 battles

So I've finished all the French collection missions available & I only got 1 BB (the T5) & 13 collection items & 12 duplicates (which w/a 3:1 trade leaves me 1 short)..

Now the fact I only got 1 BB is not a problem & the fact it was only the lowest tier 1 I could get is not a problem...in fact if I didn't get any of the ships that would not have been a problem because they are tech tree ships (even if they have some temporary "premium" perks) & eventually I will be able to get them just by playing...

But the commander is another issue if there will be no new container opportunities because the commander gives battle enhancing bonuses & those shouldn't be obtainable to some & unobtainable to others all based on RNG (or the need to spend $).

All the other "perked" commanders (Yamamoto/Dunkirk/Seagull(John Doh) were obtainable by completing the missions...& I don't mind waiting for another set of missions to finish it while you make some $ selling containers to those that can afford to buy them (I support your right to make $ off your product) just as long as the new missions become available sometime in the near future...preferably before or at the latest when 0.7.2 drops & the French BBs become available to all...everybody should have the opportunity to run the commander on the ships not just the people w/$ &/or the people w/lucky RNG...I actually thought I was gonna be 1 of the lucky RNGers as I had 13 originals & 5 dupes (only needing 2 originals out of the last 7) & then the last 7 were all dupes (Doh).

Hook us up now...was hoping to be able to run the new commander on my CA line in the meantime until I built up the BB line a little if I didn't get any of the high tier BBs (which I didn't).

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

I don't think the 10 Point commander is a Unique commander.. when I look at him, he doesn't have the Unique commander stripe.  ( his portrait, I don't have the commander as I know I wont get the required items)

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
324 posts
7,133 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/french-connection-reference-goes-here/#commander

Once you’ve completed the full Collection, Jean-Jacques Honoré will be recruited to your fleet as a Unique Commander for your French vessels! 

Jean-Jacques Honoré arrives with 10 Skill Points and the following Commander Skill enhancements:

Expert Marksman: Turret traverse boost is increased from +2.5° to +3° for guns smaller than 139mm and +0.7° to +1° for guns larger than 139mm
Adrenaline Rush: Reload time boost per 1% HP lost is increased from -0.2% to -0.25%
(These enhancements only apply if the Commander is trained in those skills) 
Scared Shipless All Commanders recruited without a vessel come pre-specialized for the Tier I cruiser of their respective nation

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,513 posts
12,215 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I don't think the 10 Point commander is a Unique commander.. when I look at him, he doesn't have the Unique commander stripe.  ( his portrait, I don't have the commander as I know I wont get the required items)

He has the unique yellow stripe in my port.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So I've finished all the French collection missions available & I only got 1 BB (the T5) & 13 collection items & 12 duplicates (which w/a 3:1 trade leaves me 1 short)..

Now the fact I only got 1 BB is not a problem & the fact it was only the lowest tier 1 I could get is not a problem...in fact if I didn't get any of the ships that would not have been a problem because they are tech tree ships (even if they have some temporary "premium" perks) & eventually I will be able to get them just by playing...

But the commander is another issue if there will be no new container opportunities because the commander gives battle enhancing bonuses & those shouldn't be obtainable to some & unobtainable to others all based on RNG (or the need to spend $).

All the other "perked" commanders (Yamamoto/Dunkirk/Seagull(John Doh) were obtainable by completing the missions...& I don't mind waiting for another set of missions to finish it while you make some $ selling containers to those that can afford to buy them (I support your right to make $ off your product) just as long as the new missions become available sometime in the near future...preferably before or at the latest when 0.7.2 drops & the French BBs become available to all...everybody should have the opportunity to run the commander on the ships not just the people w/$ &/or the people w/lucky RNG...I actually thought I was gonna be 1 of the lucky RNGers as I had 13 originals & 5 dupes (only needing 2 originals out of the last 7) & then the last 7 were all dupes (Doh).

Hook us up now...was hoping to be able to run the new commander on my CA line in the meantime until I built up the BB line a little if I didn't get any of the high tier BBs (which I didn't).

Spend $3.00 and buy one chest.....problem solved whether you get a dup or not. 

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
27 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

He has the unique yellow stripe in my port.

Ah, Okay, yeah I don't have him, was just looking at the mission reward and it just showed me the Elite Bogainville .

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,549 battles

I am at 12/13   so need maximum of 5 crates/minimum of 2.    I am hearing that we will get a chance for few more crate, so I will wait a bit .  I also heard that  CB crate  is french, but not sure. 

[PROJX]
Members
1,066 posts
22,750 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The 7.1 French containers -25 total is Part 1 of the French BB rollout which spans 2 patch drops.  Expect more container opportunities when 7.2 drops.   This is similar to what WG did w/the DoY/New Year’s Missions.  If you only looked at the DOY campaign, there appeared to be a shortfall of containers, but the New Year’s Campaign provided more than enough to complete the Collection without a container purchase.

[-_W_-]
Banned
135 posts
13,811 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Exacly i have also pointed that the Vice La France event was a scam from WG to get people money !

must people wont be able to finish the mission if they dont spend money to get the french loot box......

i guess WG did not learn from the EA loot box scandal ?

i also feel that WG should add a mission where the player can finish the Vive La France event........ and WG should give money back to the player who have spend money only to get the 1 or 2 collection item missing to finish the collection........ 

to make a event and make it not possible to finish it if you dont buy premium box it totaly wrong and it remind me a lot of the EA Scandal

[PVE]
Members
2,299 posts
5,509 battles

I paid $3 and got the tier 6 French BB mission. Was easy to complete. I think very few folks got tier7 BBs. I HAVE heard of people sinking a small fortune into crates and not getting any more BBs, though. The good news is the tier 6 French BB is WAY better than that slug at tier 5. It's like a dang hydroplane it is so fast and the guns are real flamethrowers with HE. Since the tier 8 French BB is another one of those Dumbkirk designs, I will be stopping at tier 7. I just have no love for those-all-guns- forward BBs after getting stuck with the Dumbkirk. And I have to agree with the those who say this French stuff is a plan by WG to sell those crates. Just not gonna do it. 

Edited by Deputy276
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
889 posts
14,840 battles

I'm one crate short too :D / need one duplicate damn you WG/ but at least it given me T5-T6-T7 so ok for me :D

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
167 posts
14,272 battles
39 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

I'm one crate short too :D / need one duplicate damn you WG/ but at least it given me T5-T6-T7 so ok for me :D

same here except no t7

[PVE]
Members
3,970 posts
22,315 battles
9 hours ago, Tiberius67 said:

Spend $3.00 and buy one chest.....problem solved whether you get a dup or not. 

Would need 2 chests for the 3 dupes I'm short (if I don't get an original in 1st) but don't have any $ to spend on games (dropped about $100 about a year & 1/2 ago but none to spare now). Don't even have a pay pal account (used friends last time & he just gifted stuff-Atlanta & doubloons-to me). Not in a hurry to get new commander (would have liked him earlier for CAs but not stressing it)...just hoping there's a Part 2 set of missions as hinted by the Part 1 so can get him eventually w/out having to wait for another year like the Bismarck rewards some have had to wait for (I got all my Bis rewards 1st time but just saying).

Members
709 posts
8,046 battles

Something does seem strange with the item drops in the regular French containers.  My first 8 containers all had unique items, nice.  But my next 7 all had duplicates.  I had less than half the collection and then 7 duplicates in a row?  Calculated that to be a 0.34% chance.  Just unlucky?

[PVE]
Members
19,065 posts
11,629 battles
9 hours ago, Soundwave666 said:

Exacly i have also pointed that the Vice La France event was a scam from WG to get people money !

must people wont be able to finish the mission if they dont spend money to get the french loot box......

i guess WG did not learn from the EA loot box scandal ?

i also feel that WG should add a mission where the player can finish the Vive La France event........ and WG should give money back to the player who have spend money only to get the 1 or 2 collection item missing to finish the collection........ 

to make a event and make it not possible to finish it if you dont buy premium box it totaly wrong and it remind me a lot of the EA Scandal

Read the quote below as I completely agree and this is what I expect to happen. I expect you will be eating crow come patch 7.2

9 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

The 7.1 French containers -25 total is Part 1 of the French BB rollout which spans 2 patch drops.  Expect more container opportunities when 7.2 drops.   This is similar to what WG did w/the DoY/New Year’s Missions.  If you only looked at the DOY campaign, there appeared to be a shortfall of containers, but the New Year’s Campaign provided more than enough to complete the Collection without a container purchase.

:Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,857 battles

Just spent a hour or two getting through the last mission. Had 5 things to collect. Only 5. Out of the 7 containers that I got, 2 were badges and the rest nothing but duplicates. With the previous missions duplicates and this second one, I now need 1 more to finish the thing. Just 1 more friggin duplicate or (as would have been preferred) one more badge and I'd have 3 duplicates lying around. Back to back to back duplicates and just enough to ensure that I don't get that last one. They really need to stop with this RNG [edited]. It's bad enough that thing screws with me during matches; really don't need it picking favorites with things outside of battles.

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,379 posts
2 hours ago, Levits said:

Just spent a hour or two getting through the last mission. Had 5 things to collect. Only 5. Out of the 7 containers that I got, 2 were badges and the rest nothing but duplicates. With the previous missions duplicates and this second one, I now need 1 more to finish the thing. Just 1 more friggin duplicate or (as would have been preferred) one more badge and I'd have 3 duplicates lying around. Back to back to back duplicates and just enough to ensure that I don't get that last one. They really need to stop with this RNG [edited]. It's bad enough that thing screws with me during matches; really don't need it picking favorites with things outside of battles.

You do know you can trade duplicates for the ones your missing?     I grant  you it's on a four or five for one basis....................................However  I've  gotten some completion that way.      And another thing  I'm not saying it affects it one way or the other however I got a thirty day premium and used almost all my good camo's and signals up,  Opening the containers on my highest level ship which at the time was my Baltimore,   I used that (the premium)to grind my way to a lot of Free Exp and got some tech tree ships done as well before I finally used the Free Exp to get the Missouri:cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::Smile_coin:PS  Good Luck hope it works out for you

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
2,255 posts
10 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Something does seem strange with the item drops in the regular French containers.  My first 8 containers all had unique items, nice.  But my next 7 all had duplicates.  I had less than half the collection and then 7 duplicates in a row?  Calculated that to be a 0.34% chance.  Just unlucky?

Yep, I had barely any unique... But kept getting duplicates. I'm way short on what I need. I have 5 more chests to open and I still need 9 more unique items. So unless those chest are all unique... I'll still be 1 short and if any of them are dupes, it'll be 2 or more short.

Edited by MorbidGamer

[HINON]
Members
12,170 posts

This is only the first part of the missions for the collection. The purchased crates are for those too impatient to wait.

[PVE]
Members
19,065 posts
11,629 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This is only the first part of the missions for the collection. The purchased crates are for those too impatient to wait.

In my case, I knew I would not be able to get the PvP missions done in time with the Corgi event and my being a PvE main.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,857 battles
8 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

You do know you can trade duplicates for the ones your missing?     I grant  you it's on a four or five for one basis....................................However  I've  gotten some completion that way.      And another thing  I'm not saying it affects it one way or the other however I got a thirty day premium and used almost all my good camo's and signals up,  Opening the containers on my highest level ship which at the time was my Baltimore,   I used that (the premium)to grind my way to a lot of Free Exp and got some tech tree ships done as well before I finally used the Free Exp to get the Missouri:cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::Smile_coin:PS  Good Luck hope it works out for you

That's after the trade. I need one more. I have three sitting there, no more missions or chests to complete, and still need 1 more duplicate to trade in for the last collection item to finish it out. The last mission (that ties into the completion of the French BB Mission 2 (totaling 7 from 3&4) gave me 2 of the 5 badges I needed to fill while the rest were duplicates. Added with the others from the last group of missions, and I had enough to trade them in for the other badges minus 1.

As long as there is a French BB Mission #3 that they are going to add, I wont have a problem. Kinda annoying that I'll have to force my way through to finish it like the Duke of York thing. I would think that they would, but if they don't have that last mission or any plans to add another set of French crates to acquire that last duplicate... I'm gonna have some choice words to say about their RNG-style reward system.

I got the tier 5 ship and the tier 6 ship (cool but I could have gotten those regardless). With my moderate OCD however (I mean that as a joke but by god if I don't wonder if its true lol), that unfinished collection is going to drive me crazy.

Edited by Levits

[PVE]
Members
19,065 posts
11,629 battles
56 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

At 13/18 and 12 dupes.

In other words, impossible to complete without a third wave.

38 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

WG def rigged the drops. I'm 3 short...

gW80kZl.jpg

Part 2 happens when patch 7.2 drops

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,379 posts
1 hour ago, MorbidGamer said:

WG def rigged the drops. I'm 3 short...

gW80kZl.jpg

I'm  one  short     that's  RNG  for you others have completed it:Smile_sceptic: