You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question about timing of French Battleship quest

8 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles

So, last night I finished the French Addition missions, got a whole bunch of stuff, and unlocked the Normandie mission - 12000 base XP (I already have the Bretagne).

The end date of this mission is given as being in April sometime (I will be very surprised if I don't get it done by the end of the week, though). 

By mid-April, however, 0.7.2 should long since have dropped and the French battleships will be a mainline tech tree. What will happen to those people who leave their battleship quests hanging until after 0.7.2 happens? Will they still get them with a port slot and a captain, just without the upgrades already built-in? Or is there a problem with the wrong due date being given? (French Addition and Progression both have end dates of 2 March, suggesting this is when 0.7.2 comes in.)

[SYN]
Members
27,067 posts
15,599 battles

Incomplete BB quest results not getting the said BBs when 0.7.2 hits live servers 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles
25 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

Just play a ton of tier 6 or 7 ops, you will get that base XP up in no time. 

I'm not at all worried about making the cut; 3K base XP a night will have me there before the weekend; just curious about what would happen if I didn't.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I suspect the ships will still be earnable until the April date, even though the tech tree will be open for progression on or around March 2 when 0.7.2 drops, and that they will still come with a port slot and 3 point commander.  What may change is your capacity to place another French commander on your BBs earned through missions without retraining - after the tech tree is released in full, the mission BBs may no longer operate as premiums in that fashion.  But that is not a big deal.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

I suspect the ships will still be earnable until the April date, even though the tech tree will be open for progression on or around March 2 when 0.7.2 drops, and that they will still come with a port slot and 3 point commander.  What may change is your capacity to place another French commander on your BBs earned through missions without retraining - after the tech tree is released in full, the mission BBs may no longer operate as premiums in that fashion.  But that is not a big deal.

I agree that this is the most likely scenario for when patch 7.2 drops.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

But that is not a big deal.

Certainly not for me, as I have no other French ships. The only players I see it mattering for are those who have senior captains (10+ points) in high-end French cruisers and want to bring those captains over, and who for whatever reason either do not want to or cannot* work their way through the missions to get a free Aigle (if they didn't already buy one) for premium captain retraining.

* = e.g. I took a look at the Aigle missions and the thing as a whole looked doable, but I'll be travelling soon and I will miss just enough of them that she's out of my reach as a free-to-play. The Bretagne and Normandie are a HUGE consolation prize, though, even if they do revert to being non-premium when the mainline patch drops.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Certainly not for me, as I have no other French ships. The only players I see it mattering for are those who have senior captains (10+ points) in high-end French cruisers and want to bring those captains over, and who for whatever reason either do not want to or cannot* work their way through the missions to get a free Aigle (if they didn't already buy one) for premium captain retraining.

* = e.g. I took a look at the Aigle missions and the thing as a whole looked doable, but I'll be travelling soon and I will miss just enough of them that she's out of my reach as a free-to-play. The Bretagne and Normandie are a HUGE consolation prize, though, even if they do revert to being non-premium when the mainline patch drops.

I've finished every Aigle mission so far so they can't be that difficult. I suspect a very large number of people will be earning that ship.