You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lancemann123

French mission battleships premiums?

9 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts

I'm just asking to figure out... Are the 4 French battleships obtained from the missions premiums? I ask because when the line gets released they will be non-premium ships, but right now the ones I have show in port as a premium ship. Will that remain for those who obtained them through missions or do they revert to regular non-premium ships when the line is released? At first I thought, naaa they won't remain as premiums, but considering  how hard it is to get the missions just to get a ship for a little while before the line is released, having the incentive of making them permanent premium ships for those who do get them through missions doesn't seem out of the realm of reasonable, or at least in my humble opinion it doesn't. So, what's the deal with them? Why do they list in port as premium ships?

Edited by Lancemann123

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
940 posts
11,773 battles

From the main page

Battleships earned through the above missions come with their basic configurations, a Port Slot, a three-point Commander and fully researched/purchased modules. However, you won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2. In the meantime, you'll be able to transfer French Commanders to these ships without retraining. You'll also get a Commander Reserve Slot if your Reserve is already full. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/early-adopters/

So once its 0.7.2 they are regular ships etc

[REVY]
Members
6,456 posts
5,168 battles
Just now, _greifer said:

From the main page

Battleships earned through the above missions come with their basic configurations, a Port Slot, a three-point Commander and fully researched/purchased modules. However, you won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2. In the meantime, you'll be able to transfer French Commanders to these ships without retraining. You'll also get a Commander Reserve Slot if your Reserve is already full. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/early-adopters/

So once its 0.7.2 they are regular ships etc

Members
100 posts
352 battles

The only advantage you get is temporary prem status, free port slots, and a free three pt captain. 

Also if you manage to snag the Lyon or Richairu, you just skipped over two BB's that could be painful to grind. 

[-VT-]
Members
776 posts
8,905 battles

Also if you get Richelieu, you can get a great head start on getting the t9 Alsace when the line comes out.  Sitting at 130k ish xp on her right now.

[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,692 battles
2 hours ago, DemonGod3 said:

Also if you get Richelieu, you can get a great head start on getting the t9 Alsace when the line comes out.  Sitting at 130k ish xp on her right now.

Or Bretange and Normandie will simply sit, and I’ll continue playing Dunkerque.

Much like the only PA I play are Anshan and Lo Yang.

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
22 posts
6,836 battles

Now that the update is here I find that the Commanders for the 3 French BB's I got in missions need retraining. What the heck is up with that ?????? I never saw anything about having to retrain after the patch came about. So far I've kept the 3 I got already - the Bretange , Normandie and Lyon . Not terribly bad. Seen worse. But to have to retrain those Commanders that's just a bit much. 1500 gold to fully train that's a lot for a supposedly free ship. I almost never complain about World of Warships but this time I had to say something.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,559 battles
45 minutes ago, mikeyb17 said:

Now that the update is here I find that the Commanders for the 3 French BB's I got in missions need retraining. What the heck is up with that ?????? I never saw anything about having to retrain after the patch came about. So far I've kept the 3 I got already - the Bretange , Normandie and Lyon . Not terribly bad. Seen worse. But to have to retrain those Commanders that's just a bit much. 1500 gold to fully train that's a lot for a supposedly free ship. I almost never complain about World of Warships but this time I had to say something.

Honestly it is right there in the notes that only the captain that came with the ship will be eligible to captain the ship without retraining.   Just go to the Dasha presents 7.2 article and read under the heading "French Battleships"  toward the bottom of that section it is fully explained. 

They also mentioned this in the original article if I recall correctly so if read thoroughly it shouldn't be a surprise to most people.   

• Cool 1

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
22 posts
6,836 battles

Wow , I must have really missed it. Sorry for that. My fault. Guess I better read better. Getting to old for somethings in life - like reading.....