You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Emblems

38 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
737 posts
15,560 battles

Folks have started getting the emblems. Have to say they just make me want to quit every time I see one. 

Can't quite wrap my head around why WG would want to piss off so many of their user base with this tripe. If I wanted to play (insert FPS game with childish 'death taunt' crap) I would go play it. 

Even if I don't quit completely, something that makes me log off before I normally would can't really be good for the game can it? 

And if it does make someone quit the game completely? Really bad idea? 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF5]
Members
737 posts
15,560 battles
7 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Download the Aslains Modpack, install the "disable dogtags" mod, and they go away. 

You are a true hero...thank you!

[NMKJT]
Members
4,008 posts
Just now, RevTKS said:

You are a true hero...thank you!

No problem. Every time that emblem popped up I wanted to put my keyboard through my monitor, so I get where you're coming from.  

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,654 posts

What we need is a scaling option, or a better "killcam". I'd like to see their emblem made smaller and moved to beside their name. See how big it is on the forum? That's plenty large enough to give you the detail but also keep it subtle enough so as to not hurt your eyes or block your view

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,443 posts
32,000 battles

Even bots have emblems. That's just stupid.

Hoping  we get the option to turn them off in the next patch. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,718 posts
25,358 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Hoping  we get the option to turn them off in the next patch. 

That's all I've asked for- I don't want to see them.

No sound, no effects, no mods, low graphics. Give me no emblems and USN cruiser line split and I'm good to go.

[WOLF5]
Members
737 posts
15,560 battles

Have to say, the mod works nicely. I noticed they moved it 'off screen' at the top, so you can occasionally see the very bottom of the emblem.

That just makes me laugh...instead of rage quit. Much nicer night tonight.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,728 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 3:36 AM, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

No problem. Every time that emblem popped up I wanted to put my keyboard through my monitor, so I get where you're coming from.  

How does it make you so mad? It's not like an animation that insults you in other games. I think it's interesting to see peoples personal preferences for emblems and some of them look amazing or are pretty funny.

• Cool 3

[-SOL-]
Members
559 posts
3,614 battles

It seems like it's less fun for people that sink ships, than it is annoying for people whose ships get sunk. Overall detraction, and there's little enough fun in this game as-is.

2,949 posts
11,728 battles
5 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

It seems like it's less fun for people that sink ships, than it is annoying for people whose ships get sunk. Overall detraction, and there's little enough fun in this game as-is.

If the game provides so little fun then why do we have the highest average player counts we've ever seen these last few weeks?

[-SOL-]
Members
559 posts
3,614 battles
Just now, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

If the game provides so little fun then why do we have the highest average player counts we've ever seen these last few weeks?

If this is the highest it gets, I'd hate to see the median. Three fourths of my games in my shiny new T8 ship are T10 games. I've quit using camouflage and flags.

2,949 posts
11,728 battles
Just now, 44_percenter said:

If this is the highest it gets, I'd hate to see the median. Three fourths of my games in my shiny new T8 ship are T10 games. I've quit using camouflage and flags.

What's wrong with being bottom tier? It makes it easier to be top of team bc you get 20% extra xp for damaging higher tiered ships

[-SOL-]
Members
559 posts
3,614 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

What's wrong with being bottom tier? It makes it easier to be top of team bc you get 20% extra xp for damaging higher tiered ships

Can't tell if trolling. If you like being bottom tier so much, you be bottom tier.

2,949 posts
11,728 battles
3 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

Can't tell if trolling. If you like being bottom tier so much, you be bottom tier.

I'm being serious. This game isn't like tanks where bottom tier truly screws you. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
154 posts
3,812 battles

The emblems seem almost universally hated. I can’t be too hard on Wargaming. They are trying to make the game more interesting. Some ideas work. Some don’t. This emblem idea is clearly one that did not work. Hopefully in a future upgrade they will give the ability to disable emblems or make them smaller & and less in your face.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
10,887 battles

The patches/emblems are fine by themselves. It's just one extra personalization on top of names and clans. I am cool with that.

They are not fine acting as a taunt. I don't mind them that much but it brings no positive value to the game. Why agitate someone who most likely is already frustrated?

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,693 battles
7 hours ago, RevTKS said:

Have to say, the mod works nicely. I noticed they moved it 'off screen' at the top, so you can occasionally see the very bottom of the emblem.

That just makes me laugh...instead of rage quit. Much nicer night tonight.

Sounds like a you problem.

Next we need to disable chat as I dislike getting the middle finger text from the guy who sunk me.

Members
384 posts
4,672 battles
5 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I'm being serious. This game isn't like tanks where bottom tier truly screws you. 

I guess it just depends on which ship I'm in.  For DD's, not too bad; for any of my cruisers it's not so good (see New Orleans for an example in a tier 10 match).  For BBs, it just depends on the ship, and which map I draw.  Carriers, I don't have enough experience to say.

Overall some ships fare better when bottom tiered than others do.  For the bottom tier ships it sucks all the fun out of the game at the start.  Just concentrate on staying alive, and I can hopefully contribute later on in the match when some of the ships are gone or have lost some health.  One tier is not too bad usually, 2 tiers for many ships is a stretch to contribute, especially early on in the match.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,693 battles
4 minutes ago, 1dennistt said:

I guess it just depends on which ship I'm in.  For DD's, not too bad; for any of my cruisers it's not so good (see New Orleans for an example in a tier 10 match).  For BBs, it just depends on the ship, and which map I draw.  Carriers, I don't have enough experience to say.

Overall some ships fare better when bottom tiered than others do.  For the bottom tier ships it sucks all the fun out of the game at the start.  Just concentrate on staying alive, and I can hopefully contribute later on in the match when some of the ships are gone or have lost some health.  One tier is not too bad usually, 2 tiers for many ships is a stretch to contribute, especially early on in the match.

Who says it sucks all the fun out of the game? A lot of us enjoy the tier variation and removing the +2/-2 spread would make the game less fun for us.

All ships can contribute as bottom tier. All of them.

Members
384 posts
4,672 battles

It's just not a game style I really like to play in my cruisers...hence the comment.  My Pepsi or Cleveland don't mind up-tiering against tier 8 or 9 ships.  N.O. on the other hand isn't happy in a tier 10 battle.  Omaha was the same way.  Konigsberg/Nurnberg don't mind nearly as much as the Yorck.  But a lot of this is very ship/tier/map/team dependent.  For BBs it is similar, but not usually so harsh when bottom tiered, and much "easier" to contribute through out the whole game.

This is also why I don't play high tier matches, the slower game style there doesn't appeal to me as much as the mid tier play.  One thing I like in Operations is having a goal to work towards (not just for me but also hopefully for the team.)

[NMKJT]
Members
4,008 posts
9 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

How does it make you so mad? It's not like an animation that insults you in other games. I think it's interesting to see peoples personal preferences for emblems and some of them look amazing or are pretty funny.

It's rubbing salt in the wound. I don't enjoy getting sunk. Both tanks and planes show the guy who killed you, but you can disable it.

And I certainly don't want my patch displayed when I kill someone. That's bad sportsmanship.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
702 posts
5,612 battles

Are emblems seriously a problem now? I hardly notice the emblems whenever I die.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Hmm.  What if this worked in reverse?  What if, instead of the sinker's emblem being displayed to the sinkee, rubbing salt in the would, etc., the sinker would collect the emblems of his or her victims somehow - they would be shown on the battle results screen somewhere?  Less obnoxious to those of you who find the whole badges/emblems roll out distasteful?