Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZachOneX1

The Toxicity recently?

122 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9
[GNOME]
Members
43 posts
4,662 battles

SO I've been playing on a very regular basis recently usually at least 4 hours most days of the week. But is it just me or have the players recently just gotten super toxic? Either someone calling someone a [edited] to people calling other people the c word. I just don't get it. Maybe i'm just finding all the negative recently but its very frustrating to have a team fighting over nothing instead of playing and then usually loosing because the keyboard warriors are too busy slinging insults instead of slinging shells. Maybe its just me idk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[PNP]
Members
429 posts
3,777 battles

Its been a while for me since Ive encountered any real toxic players. Honestly the WoWs community is far better then WoT by miles. I think you are just hitting a small patch of salty players. Keep your head high and rack up those kills!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[GNOME]
Members
43 posts
4,662 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven't really seen any of that.

again it may just be the times that im on but it just seems to be bad recently imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
1,735 battles

 Seems like it comes in waves, then it weeds out the rage captains. As mentioned above though, it is nothing like tanks. Anyone else remember the trauma of the Steam launch?? :cap_wander_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,616
[RKLES]
Members
11,022 posts
12,551 battles
1 hour ago, ZachOneX1 said:

SO I've been playing on a very regular basis recently usually at least 4 hours most days of the week. But is it just me or have the players recently just gotten super toxic? Either someone calling someone a [edited] to people calling other people the c word. I just don't get it. Maybe i'm just finding all the negative recently but its very frustrating to have a team fighting over nothing instead of playing and then usually loosing because the keyboard warriors are too busy slinging insults instead of slinging shells. Maybe its just me idk. 

Get screen shots of their chat and send then to Wargaming Support in report ticket and Wargaming will deal with them...

Often works well to remind such players of how they are supposed to act when WRgaming sends them some nice Ban time...

I don't do it if a player lets one small insult depending on what it is, but if they start using major profanity and plenty of it then screen shots of chat are taken and sent innbecause Wargaming definitely does not put up with that. And multiple counts of EULA rule violations does not go well for the offenders I have heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
893 posts
10,012 battles

I must say I don't generally see that many toxic players in game. There are some random noob team but nothing with vitriol.

Most games there can be quite a few funny players about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,364 battles

My response to toxic players is the same as always... Nobody complains about good play.  Up your game and stop letting your teammates down and you'll find they won't be nearly as toxic anymore.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[GNOME]
Members
43 posts
4,662 battles
6 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

My response to toxic players is the same as always... Nobody complains about good play.  Up your game and stop letting your teammates down and you'll find they won't be nearly as toxic anymore.

its usually never directed towards me.

 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Get screen shots of their chat and send then to Wargaming Support in report ticket and Wargaming will deal with them...

Often works well to remind such players of how they are supposed to act when WRgaming sends them some nice Ban time...

I don't do it if a player lets one small insult depending on what it is, but if they start using major profanity and plenty of it then screen shots of chat are taken and sent innbecause Wargaming definitely does not put up with that. And multiple counts of EULA rule violations does not go well for the offenders I have heard.

i do now i just send the replay in and let WG do the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
843
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,190 posts
16,493 battles
34 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

Nobody complains about good play.

Dead players who constantly need to be carried will often complain about the better players still trying their best to carry their useless corpses.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
934
[4HIM]
Members
2,816 posts
9,925 battles

If you're playing the game, you should be attacking the enemy, not flaming away at your team mates in chat.  Seen too many players with their guns silent in the face of an enemy push.  But lots of flame coming from their keyboard in chat.  

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,714 posts
5 hours ago, ZachOneX1 said:

SO I've been playing on a very regular basis recently usually at least 4 hours most days of the week. But is it just me or have the players recently just gotten super toxic? Either someone calling someone a [edited] to people calling other people the c word. I just don't get it. Maybe i'm just finding all the negative recently but its very frustrating to have a team fighting over nothing instead of playing and then usually loosing because the keyboard warriors are too busy slinging insults instead of slinging shells. Maybe its just me idk. 

The level of play has gotten really bad and people are frustrated. WG's ill-considered fix of DWTs and HE BBs has instead resulted in more camping. Unless you're a division you are pretty much forced to just farm which is not enjoyable for a lot of people.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
556
[REVY]
Members
1,765 posts
10,697 battles

Define toxic

 

I was accused of being toxic by a player because I told a DD to move out from behind his rock and spot. The DD then charged into a Cap directly at an enemy BB and promptly was lit up. His reply was 'there I pushed. Happy?' This resulted in an argument the difference between pushing and spotting and the result is below.

 

 

My only 'toxic' comment was telling the DD to 'spot ffs'. At no other time did I swear in the chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,312
[USCC2]
Members
5,166 posts
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

The level of play has gotten really bad and people are frustrated. WG's ill-considered fix of DWTs and HE BBs has instead resulted in more camping. Unless you're a division you are pretty much forced to just farm which is not enjoyable for a lot of people.

Hmmmm, DWTs (torps) and HE (fire), the cry of a BB Main lol. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
859
[VCRUZ]
Members
3,367 posts
8,492 battles

Most of the "toxicity" i see in chat are directed to players doing idiot/poor things in game. Players so often complain about toxic chat, but they ignore toxic gameplay. If some players want to play in such a poor/idiot way dont complain about the reaction. 

 

Many players have limited time to play the game, many have to work, study or do both. So when you finnaly have some limited time to play the game there is a idiot doing idiot things on your few games. Its easy to get salty.  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[STW]
Members
802 posts
6,300 battles

Unpopular opinion time, but if you're getting salt on a consistent basis, your play is probably the issue.  I can only think of a handful of times I've gotten anything of note, and I'm not the type to comment unless I see people doing ridiculous things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[NNC]
Members
2,103 posts
12,820 battles

*driving though the wows forums with limited visability due to the siege of snowflakes* ~circa 1945 colourized

IMG_2856.JPG

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,140
[NDA]
Supertester
3,921 posts
1,693 battles
4 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

*driving though the wows forums with limited visability due to the siege of snowflakes* ~circa 1945 colourized

IMG_2856.JPG

That dashboard ain't circa 1945, bro. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[NNC]
Members
2,103 posts
12,820 battles
3 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

That dashboard ain't circa 1945, bro. ;)

It was the car of the future :P

edit: flux capacitor stand issue

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Hmmmm, DWTs (torps) and HE (fire), the cry of a BB Main lol. :Smile-_tongue:

Wrong,, I have a Conqueror and my Yamato and GK are full fire builds.

Flamu correctly predicted the impact of DWTs. Is he a BB main?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[-_W_-]
Banned
135 posts
13,811 battles

Welcome to the internet have you go to YouTube recently ?

oh and maybe people are getting tired of all the potato non sens that going on this weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×