You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gene_Inari

How is this remotely fair?

95 comments in this topic

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

472ae634fa.png

Crossdropped from inside smoke at the start of a match.

I sure had fun using all my counterplay options against a CV in a DD and being removed from a match from the mistake of even bothering to play DD with a CV present.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 6

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,595 posts
13,478 battles

It's not. That's the problem.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,088 posts
18,043 battles

Without context or a replay, all we know is you got nuked by a CV. Which happens.

DD play is heavily influenced by CVs, no two ways about it. That said, it's on you to realize that that's the case, and respond accordingly. You can't go as far out by yourself unless you know where the planes are. Don't get in the cap as soon as the game starts. Scope out the situation first.

Plus the basic still apply. Of course you'll get cross-dropped in smoke if you sit in the obvious place. Smoke makes you invisible, not invincible.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

with infinite spotting  on top of cross drop,    my plan is to play my cruisers mostly as I finish my grinds.     

only spotting plane should be able to spot ships for shooting or torps.   others can spot, but  only on the minimap ( like cyclone )

I also think all DD does need DF if it doesnt have high AA value.  otherwise,   if there is CV on other team, just camp with the rest of the fleet .    

Edited by centarina

[SYN]
Members
15,681 posts
12,778 battles

you can move a bit inside of your smoke so it's not so obvious where you are inside of it, but yeah, there isn't much counterplay against cross drops.

• Cool 1

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles

Do you complain about other DD's launching torpedo's into smoke as well?   You also aren't providing a screenshot or even a replay so if I had to guess,  you smoked up and sat still.  The best people can do when you are in smoke is send in firepower to where you were,  man.

So,  sorry,  but I don't believe you're telling us the full story here.  And even if you are...man I am sure other ships sure think its fun when you torpedo them from stealth in the first two minutes!

• Cool 3

Supertester
43 posts
13,101 battles

You absolutely should NOT stop in smoke against a CV. Never ever fire within smoke if there are planes because it is so very easy for a good CV to extrapolate your position from where your shells are coming from. As a CV player myself, I've seen multiple examples of T10 DD's stopping and smoking in front of my TB's and getting insta killed. It takes very little skill to kill those DD's. I get thrown off however when DD's smoke up and then immediately leave it or stick with the fleet because then the planes are easy to kill and go down relatively quickly. That is a waste of a smoke and it is very annoying to play DD against CV. Which is the reason why my US DD's have DFAA. 

• Cool 2

[KYARU]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
8 posts
12,161 battles

Funny how OP after these posts gets me playing a carrier on his team and decides to teamkill me......

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Members
1,678 posts
17,047 battles
5 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Do you complain about other DD's launching torpedo's into smoke as well?   You also aren't providing a screenshot or even a replay so if I had to guess,  you smoked up and sat still.  The best people can do when you are in smoke is send in firepower to where you were,  man.

So,  sorry,  but I don't believe you're telling us the full story here.  And even if you are...man I am sure other ships sure think its fun when you torpedo them from stealth in the first two minutes!

One dd can't cross torp your smoke. That would require 2. I'm happy being out played by two enemy ships. One CV who takes no risk to their ship doing this? Broken.

Most ships don't have torps loaded and in a position to fire them within 2 minutes if a game start. Bad arguments. 

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
40 minutes ago, Gene_Inari said:

I sure had fun using all my counterplay options against a CV in a DD and being removed from a match from the mistake of even bothering to play DD with a CV present.

If you got crossdropped by 2x3 Torpedoes, you either sat still or didn‘t spread your smoke. Or reacted faaar to late. You can create a large wall of smoke for you to hide in, and provided you don‘t give your position away by firing the chances of being dropped are low.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
13,972 battles

And it's another unrealistic game mechanic.

*Torpedo Bomber stick leader: See that smoke screen down there?

Let's drop torps at weird angles into it!

• Boring 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Wow.

This is new; a thread complaining about CVs when in a DD, made by someone who has team-killed CVs for simply being there?

The hypocrisy is over 9000.

[EBOY]
WoWS Community Contributors
174 posts

So you get nuked in one CV game, then start another CV game, just to teamkill a totally random CV........... i'm sorry but i fail to comprehend.

MF7Cbum.png

• Funny 2

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
29 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

One CV who takes no risk to their ship doing this? Broken.

No risk... for the ship itself maybe, but other than that it‘s completely wrong.

A CV stands and falls with it‘s planes. You lose six planes early game on a failed drop? That‘s gonna bite you back mid-late game. It‘s kind of like with a Battleship. If you eat a 10k volley early game, you can replenish and easily continue fighting.

That CV found an isolated target, all by itself (which btw still does pose a threat to his planes, as the three plane kills in such a short duration, against T9 planes, prove), and then striked it while it was in smoke. So he even risked missing the drop, and lowering his influence against surface ships for the first minutes of the game.

• Cool 1

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
6,026 battles
23 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

And it's another unrealistic game mechanic.

*Torpedo Bomber stick leader: See that smoke screen down there?

Let's drop torps at weird angles into it!

This is not the game you seek for realism. 

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles
38 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

One dd can't cross torp your smoke. That would require 2. I'm happy being out played by two enemy ships. One CV who takes no risk to their ship doing this? Broken.

Most ships don't have torps loaded and in a position to fire them within 2 minutes if a game start. Bad arguments. 

You don't have to cross drop smoke, just saturate it.  CV's have to cross drop to make up for the sheer inadequacy of their torpedo's but ey,  nice attempt at being obtuse.

[DUDES]
Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles

Having been in many a DD game with CV's harassing me relentlessly, and some nuking me pretty quick.  I have to say this sounds like operator error.  

First guess is that he was sitting still in smoke and not aware he was spotted.  A DD on the move is pretty hard to torp, even cross drop, if he is running and aware the planes are coming for him.  Not that it can't happen,  but if you are running and watching those torp planes you can juke em pretty good. 

Second guess,  he was sitting still in smoke and not paying attention until it was too late.

Third guess he was sitting still in smoke, went to get his hot pocket out of the microwave thinking he was safe for a bit, and came back and he was dead. 

I dunno..   this is really hard to figure out, but I am guessing smoke, and lack of speed was involved somehow. 

[AP]
Members
1,297 posts
16,277 battles

ooooooooh youre the enemy ryujo that suicide at the beginning of the game

hi there

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

good cv driver will delete DDs pretty regularly in a high tier  CV.        the balance issue  need to be fixed or guided missile cruiser called CV need its own game mode.

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles
Just now, jason199506 said:

ooooooooh youre the enemy ryujo that suicide at the beginning of the game

hi there

Seriously?  Team killing and committing suicide to rob one side of a CV?  How freaking childish.

Beta Testers
286 posts
16,597 battles
1 hour ago, Gene_Inari said:

472ae634fa.png

u done f'ed up. u sat still in ur smoke. without replay that's what everyone will assume that u didn't move in ur smoke. u got outplayed by the cv. 

[DUDES]
Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles
12 minutes ago, centarina said:

good cv driver will delete DDs pretty regularly in a high tier  CV.        the balance issue  need to be fixed or guided missile cruiser called CV need its own game mode.

Whoa..  you are on to something here.  WG should create a class of ships..  Ones that have some speed, AA capability, and guns, that could move up and support the other ships in the fleet.  We could call them..  umm..  Well let's say Cruisers.  I know we have those already, but these could be a new class that, would be sort of like the current ones, but didn't sit behind islands dropping HE shells on BB's at 20+K just to farm fire damage.  These would actually be useful to other ships in the game.  CV's would avoid them because of their AA ability and either fly around them or lose planes.  They could be the equalizers. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PRU]
Members
2 posts
392 battles

According to your screen, you killed three planes. Was that while you were in the smoke (and didn't have your AA off)? That's like setting off a beacon.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
4 minutes ago, CDR_Lobo said:

According to your screen, you killed three planes. Was that while you were in the smoke (and didn't have your AA off)? That's like setting off a beacon.

Thing is: he killed three planes. Within a very short time span. And not just T6 or T7 planes, but those are T9 planes. And he still complains about the AA being weak.

OP probably wants his Destroyer AA to slaugher planes kind of like a Tiger destroys Shermans in the fantasy of every Wehraboo.