Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
joshua011

Atago as DD?

8 comments in this topic

Members
104 posts
1,154 battles

Today I tried playing ATago in T10 MM as a DD, worked out pretty well with 138983 dmg. Can this be a legit playstyle or did I just got lucky?

Members
433 posts

yes, especially if you're bottom tier. shooting becomes a really tactical decision, and the torpedoes are a great thing to be able to rely on. the key is not getting lit up when you're doing a suicide turn lmbo.

[CCTV5]
Members
7 posts
6,558 battles

Yes, Atago's  torps are probably the best that all the IJN CAs have to offer (In terms of firing angle), for high Tiers. Plus you can get down to 9.1km of concealment, and your torp range is 10km,  they will never know what hits them. =)

Tip: just drop the torps and run behind covers, then wait for the metal fishes to do their job. and after whichever victim gets flooded and pressed R, remember to send 10 proudly-made IJN 203mm HEs to them for additional damage. this works for me every time. 

[CCTV5]
Members
7 posts
6,558 battles
Just now, Lancer_0951 said:

Tip: just drop the torps and run behind covers, then wait for the metal fishes to do their job. and after whichever victim gets flooded and pressed R, remember to send 10 proudly-made IJN 203mm HEs to them for additional damage. this works for me every time. 

An interesting thing that ppl tend to press R immediately after flooding, while they might wait for a bit when they are on fire. (yes I know that flooding causes more damage, but still, I will always double check before I use my repair.)

[-TNT-]
Members
934 posts
17,827 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, joshua011 said:

Today I tried playing ATago in T10 MM as a DD, worked out pretty well with 138983 dmg. Can this be a legit playstyle or did I just got lucky?

Did you used wide spread torpedo launches? I fine that I always hit something do that. 

Members
104 posts
1,154 battles
5 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Did you used wide spread torpedo launches? I fine that I always hit something do that. 

But you can only hit 1-2 out of 8 at target 8-10 km away

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,415 battles

Hey

As with the supposed recent BUFF's coming for the German Hipper/Prinz Eugen.  The Atago too could use a BUFF in her rate of fire to something like 12-13 seconds and maybe a slight gun range increase of about .5-1.0 km.  Personally with her already very good concealment, the ROF Buff makes the most sense, especially when compared to the T8 cruiser we have going now by the RN, French,, now the German buffs.  The Atago could use a slight buff to that ROF, since one glaring downside is her fragile citadel.  Just my opinion.

Pete 

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,415 battles

Hey

Has anyone tried using the Torps more like a pure DD, (start of this thread but) using the Torp acceleration mod and the Torpedo Armament mod?  Use her great concealment, and decent torp angles as a large DD/DD hunter with hydro, maybe even using Survivability expert to help make up for her somewhat fragile nature.  Just wondering; I have my Takao as a pure HE cruiser and was think Atago for a slightly different build/play style, since it gets to use camo for better stealth.   Wondering out loud here.

Pete

Sign in to follow this