Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Cain

Ranger Vs. Sipan wth??

19 comments in this topic

[CONDI]
Members
9 posts
1,123 battles

No long winded post here but,  How in the *&%# is a match between a ranger and double tier IX fighter squads any where close to balanced??   Pay to when at its best!!

Supertester
43 posts
12,388 battles

You just have to play the patience game, bait the Saipan fighters over friendly AA. Fight them on your turf, not their turf. 

Pay attention to where their fighters are located and then send strike planes to the other side. 

I'm not saying its not unfair. It most certainly is, but there are things you can do in order to get around this weakness. The saipan only has 4 fighters per squad with the Air Supremacy captain perk. They arent going to be shooting down your planes very fast if they just left click them. Watch for their strafes and dodge them. 

[HE]
Members
552 posts
10,096 battles

Yes, and that's why most players hates CV matches.

ie, we have a ranger while enemy has saipan = a 70% loss before the battle starts

• Boring 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cain said:

No long winded post here but,  How in the *&%# is a match between a ranger and double tier IX fighter squads any where close to balanced??   Pay to when at its best!!

Saipan is possibly the most broken ship in the game, with Nikolai and Belfast holding the second place.

Its nothing new, WG has always been p2w. They never hid the fact.

Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles

And next tier you get the Enterprise.  Not as bad as T9 planes but they still get two squads to your one.  7 and 8 are a nightmare for CV's.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,549 battles
27 minutes ago, Palladia said:

And next tier you get the Enterprise.  Not as bad as T9 planes but they still get two squads to your one.  7 and 8 are a nightmare for CV's.

it is nightmare for everyone that has these cv in their match actually.   

[O7]
Members
595 posts
9,919 battles

It wouldn't be fair to the people who pay real money for a ship if what they get isn't any better than the free one.

Edited by Feminist

Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles
1 minute ago, centarina said:

it is nightmare for everyone that has these cv in their match actually.   

I honestly don't know if I can argue with that.  The Kaga and Enterprise both represent a certain kind of too much with the Enterprise having no real counter except maybe an AS Shokaku and the Kaga having the Saipan which is another kind of difficulty.  Not so bad for seaward targets,  but for other CV's...

I'm afraid the premium CV's really may be an example of pay to win in game.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,549 battles

one solution is mirror match making between premium CVs  lol.    but then, no one will buy them 

[WOLFB]
Members
3,108 posts
12,917 battles

Well you can't.

The old ranger could face a Saipan without having too much issue because of her large plane per squadron and her DPS but the current one can effectively protect other planes and Saipan get the broken strafe out without losing a single plane.

I'm having trouble luring Saipan's plane with my Hiryu because they are faster than mine but if by miracle I happen to catch them, he just strafe out with impunity and can just chase my other squadron.

Just free XP your Ranger or forget this line, T7 is a crap fest of almost broken premium, I don't have fun playing at this tier 

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
7 hours ago, Feminist said:

It wouldn't be fair to the people who pay real money for a ship if what they get isn't any better than the free one.

I own the ship, it needs to be beat to death with the Nerf bat.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_Cain said:

I don't usually suggest CV sniping, but in a ranger vs Saipan match it really seems like the only option. Either you take the bastard out of the fight or you lose it.

Members
1,866 posts

Saipan has a sub-50% win rate now, as more people have learned to counter it. The best way, of course, is to sink it. Whatever the carrier matchup is, remember that the other 11 players on your team have a lot to do with win or lose. I have won with an AFK carrier on my side.

[CONDI]
Members
9 posts
1,123 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 11:20 PM, AlcatrazNC said:

Well you can't.

The old ranger could face a Saipan without having too much issue because of her large plane per squadron and her DPS but the current one can effectively protect other planes and Saipan get the broken strafe out without losing a single plane.

I'm having trouble luring Saipan's plane with my Hiryu because they are faster than mine but if by miracle I happen to catch them, he just strafe out with impunity and can just chase my other squadron.

Just free XP your Ranger or forget this line, T7 is a crap fest of almost broken premium, I don't have fun playing at this tier 

This sums it all up right here.  The saipan can just strafe out while his second squad strafes you to death.   Ever time I have played a Saipan I never really see its skipper do much of anything to friendly line ships until all my fighters are dead.

I know the nerf wont happen because WG wants people to pay for ships to win, but;

1.) The Siapan needs to moved up a tier at least, OR

2.) Other tier VII CVs need at least the strafe exit or another fighter group  OR EVEN BETTER

3.) The strafe mechanic is retarded and should be flat out removed from the game

[NWNG]
Members
2,943 posts
4,876 battles
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, Seadog_Supreme said:

Saipan has a sub-50% win rate now, as more people have learned to counter it. The best way, of course, is to sink it. Whatever the carrier matchup is, remember that the other 11 players on your team have a lot to do with win or lose. I have won with an AFK carrier on my side.

OOO, I've done that too. Pain in the rear to do, but most certainly not impossible.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,077 posts
7,668 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_Cain said:

This sums it all up right here.  The saipan can just strafe out while his second squad strafes you to death.   Ever time I have played a Saipan I never really see its skipper do much of anything to friendly line ships until all my fighters are dead.

I know the nerf wont happen because WG wants people to pay for ships to win, but;

1.) The Siapan needs to moved up a tier at least, OR

2.) Other tier VII CVs need at least the strafe exit or another fighter group  OR EVEN BETTER

3.) The strafe mechanic is retarded and should be flat out removed from the game

Something tells me that the much anticipated, probably-legendary-like-a-unicorn, carrier revamp is going to hit Saipan like a pair of brass knuckles. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,855 posts
9,017 battles

It's not that bad when the ranger is in the hands of a good player. That lock and strafe maneuver is so predictable and easy to counter. Most Saipan that I've met only know how to do that and get crushed. 

Sign in to follow this