You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

just got ragged out for kill stealing

34 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles

Kill steal?  Ha ha.  Kill securing.....

We just won a game that came down to the wire.  Near the end it was pretty even ship wise and the enemy had 2 caps to our 1 cap.  I was near one cap, and lost my support ships.  There had only been 3 of us guarding that cap and one got picked off early.  I had stayed around in my Cleveland, because the other cruiser (Ohmaha) was aggressively moving and defending.  I was willing to work with him and help him out rather than run away from the fight.  The enemy had a BB, 2 CAs, and 2 DDs.  We had successfully dispatched the enemy BB while our BB was still alive.  Then we picked off one of the DDs.  Shortly after, the Omaha went down leaving the enemy Cleveland, Nurnburg, and a DD against me.  I managed to take down the Cleveland and had switched to the Nurnberg, and then spotted the DD.  He was trying to get in closer, and was quite evasive, but I wittled him down from full health so he turned away and went dark with about 200HP left.  I focused on the Nurnberg, but was near death myself by now.  Then the DD decided to poke his nose in by taking a long shot at me.  I suspect he thought he could get a kill since I was low health.  He was at max range of his guns and was running away.  I turned the guns and fired.  One shell connected and he was deleted.  Well, apparently our BB must had his sights on the DD, or had possibly taken a shot at him from a long way away.  Obviously he hadn't hit him, or the DD would have been dead.  He called me a POS for stealing his kill.  I disregarded it to try and stay alive against the Nurnberg.  It didn't work, I didn't have enough life left so I died shortly after.  The disgruntled player on our team kept going on about how he no longer cared if we won, because of the POS kill stealer.  I just chuckled and stated, " kill steal?....you mean the DD that I beat down from full heath and then killed?"  He never commented any more after that.

It never ceases to amaze me that players get frazzled if someone gets a kill that they feel is theirs just because they had their guns trained on that ship.  If that was the case, I would be raging almost every game.  I had a game earlier where I wasted 6 shots in my BB because another ship shot a second before I did, so their shots landed and killed just before mine.  Thats a full 3 minutes worth of damage gone from my damage output numbers in one game.  I don't care.  I'd rather have the win.  Besides,  if you want it to be your kill, then kill it.  If its alive, its not your kill.

• Boring 1

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

The only time I will even consider holding fire to allow a teammate to get the kill is if the game is already decided and that teammate has a Kraken or something on the line.  Aside from that, it's not generally a good idea to trust random teammates to do anything, let alone put in the last shot on a low-health ship before it gets into concealment.

As far as game chat goes, I treat it kind of like the average "reality" tv show: I watch it only when I'm forced to, and I do so with a mixture of bemusement and pity for whomever I see in it.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,594 posts
13,444 battles
17 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Just say it's your stet ped, not his

Ya pretty much.

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
522 posts
9,489 battles

He probably plays planes in War Thunder and got confused on which game he was playing LOL. 

DclassHullTest4-c.jpg

[LEGIT]
Members
2,212 posts
30,307 battles

This again?  As long as the enemy has 1 hp it can kill your team mates.  Kill all enemies asap.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

The only good red

Is the red on the bed

Of the sea

And I don't care

if his killer was me.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

You did not Kill Steal you Secured the Kill never forget that and respond to the accuser accordingly. 

Members
567 posts
80 battles

Just think about how I'll equipped they are to survive in the real world if their sense of entitlement reaches such an extreme as to feel they command ownership of the final hitpoint dealing rights of an enemy player's ship. 

[DUDES]
Members
2,926 posts
5,690 battles

I kill you..  You don't shoot at me.  I am not waiting around for someone else to do something.  Kill secure is the right answer.    Funny thing is that a lot of times I will drop a big damage hit on a cruiser and leave him  limping hoping someone else will secure it.  I want to go on to better things and not waste a salvo on a light HP ship.  I don't care about the kill.  Finish that dude and lets all move on.

• Cool 1

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

I've never had a kill, once it is credited to me on the scorecard, ever removed from me.

Oh, they mean someone getting the last blow when someone feels they should have politely waited (perhaps inquiring in chat) so they should have had the privilege? Sorry -  if they don't get the killing blow, it's not their kill.

Members
11 posts
2,093 battles

They aren't "kills", You kill hundreds, on some ships I believe even thousands of theoretical sailors by *destroying* the ship they are in

Don't think of it as killing, think of it as destroying several floating weapons that were dangers to your team until they're inoperable

Edited by RuseCruise

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
8 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

I've never had a kill, once it is credited to me on the scorecard, ever removed from me.

I have, but I got a pretty pink name-tag as compensation.

• Cool 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
988 posts
11,432 battles
3 hours ago, Murcc said:

It never ceases to amaze me that players get frazzled if someone gets a kill that they feel is theirs just because they had their guns trained on that ship.  If that was the case, I would be raging almost every game.  I had a game earlier where I wasted 6 shots in my BB because another ship shot a second before I did, so their shots landed and killed just before mine.  Thats a full 3 minutes worth of damage gone from my damage output numbers in one game.  I don't care.  I'd rather have the win.  Besides,  if you want it to be your kill, then kill it.  If its alive, its not your kill.

Figure this is a team game. Therefore, to me, it does not matter who gets the kill. The term 'kill steal' is illogical. As long as the 'Red is Dead', is all that matters.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,129 posts
9,414 battles
5 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

mine.gif.cf12ababdf9cd5d04e59b5a8e559a52f.gif

Me, every time I spotted a CV in my Isokaze. 

Every time I think its too tough someone says:

GROW_STRONGERx.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles

LOL nice thread!  I was testing Fushun out, this was the first night I ever used her, but I tried it in PVE before I embarrass myself in PVP.  Anyways, I was playing and was killing everything around me in Co-op, which isn't hard to do.  Then the Atago player complains...

pVxjHeY.jpg

... That my Tier VI DD is killing everything and not leaving anything for anyone else, my Tier VI DD did better than his Tier VIII Cruiser.  The better part?  I was killing everything around me and still had time to pour the salt in this guy's wounds in game chat.

And for the record, yes, I am a Dirty Mother F*cking PVPer and I'm proud of it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,131 battles
49 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL nice thread!  I was testing Fushun out.............

"You're slow"   lol

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles

I sometimes get mildly annoyed when I have worked very hard at beating something down only to have my work finished for me at the last minute while reloading. The flipside is that I feel a little bit guilty if one of my kills has less than a couple thousand damage associated with it. If I "kill-steal" a very low health target but find afterwards that I'd already hammered that same target for 10-20K earlier in the game, I don't feel so bad.

I feel a little bit suspicious when I check the results and find I have significant swathes of HP on multiple targets that were finished off by the same battleship.

OTOH someone abruptly finished an enemy destroyer that was pursuing me in my Nicholas last night. I wanted the gunnery practice (I am lousy at knife-fighting and kiting), but I was sort of hard-pressed too, and I'm very pleased he got finished off quick. I thanked the person who did it in chat (and then, sorely wounded, I sneaked quietly off and capped the other side's base unassisted*; top of team, YAY!).

* = and by unassisted, I mean I was the only one in the cap circle; I owe the win to the people who were fighting hard to keep the other side very busy while I did this.