You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lazy_Zombi

If you had about 1 million XP...

32 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts

So over the past week or so I've really been trying to grind out that FXP, and have been converting XP to FXP and so far I've accrued about 600,000 FXP. Originally I intended to do this to buy the Missouri before they take her away forever. However, as time went on, I started to get over everyone else's bias of her credit earning potential, and started looking at the stats of ships... and thought, for a ship I may want to use as a primary, Missouri may not be the best option. In fact, I think the Musashi has her quite outmatched on many fronts, especially the guns. There's also tier 10 ships... So let's assume I have zero tier 10 or 9 ships,  a million FXP and could speed down any ship tree I wanted to. Bias aside, because honestly, I don't give a rats behind about the credit earning potential of the Missouri, I do quite fine on that front. Purely from a "Which ship is best" point of view, which ship would YOU get with 1 million FXP? Or, would you even get one at all?

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

With 1mil FExp, I'd take Mo. She's departing soon. And from a semi-collector's standpoint I'm not sure when or if she'll be next available. 

Also from 1mil FExp you've got 250k remaining. Thats still a decent base point to grind from to the purchase of the next FExp ship available / desired. Especially if the purchase window is sufficient amount of time to hit the target amount. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles

Credit earning aside... the Missouri has radar. That alone makes her a better ship than Musashi.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Credit earnings aside you can’t go wrong with Missouri.  Personally, I would consider Conqueror for that XP.  But Conqueror requires permanent camo to run without breaking bank, it requires a certain skill set, and it might be subjected to nerfs (direct or indirect).

FWIW I do own Missouri and the Conqueror with perm camo.

[PVE]
Members
983 posts
8,091 battles

I would get Missouri because I could basically skip the entire USN BB line. I would be happy stopping that line at T9.

That aside, I'd get the Minotaur or the Henry IV.

Members
29 posts

Well, everyone seems really set on the Mighty Mo... guess I'll give her a go.... Too bad there's not anything to do with all the credits I'll be earning. I mean, I have premium, plus around 70 or so +50% credit flags and around 150 +20% credit flags... Heck, even a bad game should net well over 500k. Which is good because green team sucks.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

If you absolutely didn't care about Missouri's Credit earning potential (which is also partially reliant on having Signals + Premium Time + Skill to earn the megabux you often see posted), and you don't care much about a nerfed Yamato, then just getting up to Montana or Yamato in the respective BB line would be fine. Just spend the Doubloons on their Permanent camouflage for similar Credit earnings (thanks to their -50% Maintenance cost and +20% Credit Earnings). Besides, if all you're wanting is a high tier for XP to convert, those two can do it just as well (so can the other T10 BBs, but this is assuming you just want an alternative to Missouri or Musashi).

If you are not tied down to wanting a near-equivalent USN or IJN replacement for Missouri and Yamato (which is basically Montana or Yamato + their Permacamo), then any T10 warship + their Permanent Camouflage would work, provided you stack Signals + Premium Time + Performance for the Credit or XP gains.

Of course, don't forget that Missouri has Radar, which may be of some value to you as opposed to Musashi, who doesn't have anything save 460mm guns going for her, if you're going from a gameplay perspective rather than an earnings perspective.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
2 minutes ago, Lazy_Zombi said:

Well, everyone seems really set on the Mighty Mo... guess I'll give her a go.... Too bad there's not anything to do with all the credits I'll be earning. I mean, I have premium, plus around 70 or so +50% credit flags and around 150 +20% credit flags... Heck, even a bad game should net well over 500k. Which is good because green team sucks.

If your credits banked is sufficient enough it allows you to run Prem Consumables and Credit camos on all your ships. 

Even on things that are not always 100% useful but "nice to have"s. Prem Spotter or CatFTR comes to mind. 

Members
29 posts
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

If you absolutely didn't care about Missouri's Credit earning potential (which is also partially reliant on having Signals + Premium Time + Skill to earn the megabux you often see posted), and you don't care much about a nerfed Yamato, then just getting up to Montana or Yamato in the respective BB line would be fine. Just spend the Doubloons on their Permanent camouflage for similar Credit earnings (thanks to their -50% Maintenance cost and +20% Credit Earnings). Besides, if all you're wanting is a high tier for XP to convert, those two can do it just as well (so can the other T10 BBs, but this is assuming you just want an alternative to Missouri or Musashi).

If you are not tied down to wanting a near-equivalent USN or IJN replacement for Missouri and Yamato (which is basically Montana or Yamato + their Permacamo), then any T10 warship + their Permanent Camouflage would work, provided you stack Signals + Premium Time + Performance for the Credit or XP gains.

Of course, don't forget that Missouri has Radar, which may be of some value to you as opposed to Musashi, who doesn't have anything save 460mm guns going for her, if you're going from a gameplay perspective rather than an earnings perspective.

Yeah, credits seem to have blinded many people when it comes to the Missouri. I am looking strictly from a game play perspective. I'll always gain positive credits. In fact, I don't think I've ever gone negative credits, and even if I have, I have made 100 times more than what was lost on the previous match, and the match after it... ya know what I mean? I just want a good ship... a good battleship... or any ship really. Credits are rather unimportant as, like I said, I'm always positive anyway. And besides, it's not like I can do anything with 500 mill in the bank anyway. I have also been looking at the Minotaur... she's a nasty gal.

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
1 hour ago, Lazy_Zombi said:

So over the past week or so I've really been trying to grind out that FXP, and have been converting XP to FXP and so far I've accrued about 600,000 FXP. Originally I intended to do this to buy the Missouri before they take her away forever. However, as time went on, I started to get over everyone else's bias of her credit earning potential, and started looking at the stats of ships... and thought, for a ship I may want to use as a primary, Missouri may not be the best option. In fact, I think the Musashi has her quite outmatched on many fronts, especially the guns. There's also tier 10 ships... So let's assume I have zero tier 10 or 9 ships,  a million FXP and could speed down any ship tree I wanted to. Bias aside, because honestly, I don't give a rats behind about the credit earning potential of the Missouri, I do quite fine on that front. Purely from a "Which ship is best" point of view, which ship would YOU get with 1 million FXP? Or, would you even get one at all?

Finally someone who recognizes musashi as the better pure BB instead of that gimmick known as radar Mo

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles

I have over 2,700,000 free XP and I aint interested in any of those BBs. Now if WG ever presents a decent Cruiser, I might use some of that FXP on that.

• Meh 1

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I have over 2,700,000 free XP and I aint interested in any of those BBs. Now if WG ever presents a decent Cruiser, I might use some of that FXP on that.

All those fxp are worth less than a damn if you don't spend them! Quit hoarding

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles
7 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

All those fxp are worth less than a damn if you don't spend them! Quit hoarding

I'm saving them up for the USN Cruiser split. Mostly to train up Captains.

Members
4,096 posts
26 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Yup. I have a bit over a million free XP and haven't picked up any of the free XP ships; when would I use a BB? Not putting them down just not my cup of coffee. Some other options would be nice

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles
46 minutes ago, Lazy_Zombi said:

Yeah, credits seem to have blinded many people when it comes to the Missouri. I am looking strictly from a game play perspective. I'll always gain positive credits. In fact, I don't think I've ever gone negative credits, and even if I have, I have made 100 times more than what was lost on the previous match, and the match after it... ya know what I mean? I just want a good ship... a good battleship... or any ship really. Credits are rather unimportant as, like I said, I'm always positive anyway. And besides, it's not like I can do anything with 500 mill in the bank anyway. I have also been looking at the Minotaur... she's a nasty gal.

Well, if you're looking for a "good" high-tier Premium BB, Missouri is fairly consistent with Radar and taking the Accuracy Module. Throw in the fact her AA is fairly strong and she has the speed to keep up with many cruisers (unless they actually hold a course to speed up), she's a respectable all-rounder in the high tiers. It's the gameplay-side of why she's favored. Musashi is less consistent, partially due to her reliance on AA support when there is a CV in the match, or due to having slow traverse and occasionally derpy accuracy (and reasons that, from a gameplay perspective, most say just go to Yamato instead for better accuracy and some actual AA/secondaries). The only other thing to Missouri and Musashi is that both are apparently time-limited (WG going back on their original statement, at least in regards to Missouri). Who knows if/when Missouri will return, so if you remotely desire owning her, then just assume this is the last time Missouri will be available and invest. At any time WG can declare her OP, and not bring her back.

But yes, if you simply want a T10 for purposes other than Credit grinding and it doesn't have to be a BB, then feel free to invest it into a line you actually like playing or have sufficient interest in. If the RNCL line suits you, then go right ahead and claim the Minotaur, and her Permacamo for the bonuses, esp. XP bonuses, if that's all you're really wanting to grind out for and don't want to waste limited-use XP-based camouflage on (basically the times where there isn't a weekend 3x XP bonus or a limited-time XP boosting Repeatable Missions/Challenge).

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
554 posts
12,301 battles

At one point after Christmas, when the Musashi was announced I had converted/earned 1 million free exp to buy her. That being said I am a collector and never thought twice about it. Most people will try to sell you on their point of view of which ship is the best for you but honestly that answer comes from within. Your choice is already made, its just a matter of pulling the trigger. What ever you decide, just be happy with it and no regrets. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,305 posts
11,766 battles

Here is my input. I have both ships and like both. I have more fun in the Musashi though. However, the MO is leaving so I suggest getting it as the Musashi is going to be around for awhile and you can save up FXP again to get it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,080 posts
17,997 battles

Missouri is the more versatile ship IMO, and the better credit earner. It's also the option that's going away, so logically speaking, you could buy Missouri now and Musashi later, but not the reverse.

Members
29 posts
4 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Missouri is the more versatile ship IMO, and the better credit earner. It's also the option that's going away, so logically speaking, you could buy Missouri now and Musashi later, but not the reverse.

True. I just didn't know if the FXP would be better used going down any specific ship line versus dumping it all on one ship... But I think I'll go with the Missouri, she is a beauty. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

instead of musashi, you could go down to yamato and  run the hsf camo that we are getting from campaign.    it would be t10 though.