Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Houselei

French Containers

17 comments in this topic

[APCR]
[APCR]
Members
36 posts
14,778 battles

[Update] I've opened all french containers I can ever earn, and no ship mission at all.  Meanwhile, I only got 12 collections and 14 duplicates, each collection costs 3 duplicates, so I have most 16 collections. I cannot even finish the collection...

I know it's purely random. I've opened 15 French Containers (by finishing French Mission 1: 3 containers each submission, and 3 on finalization), and 1st submission of current French mission.) No single French battleship. I have the chance to get another 10 containers left by finishing current French Mission. Not sure even I could get one French battleship.

some super-tester posted on youtube that he paid for 20 premium containers, and ended up with all 3 ships and a lot of doubloons (not mention many camos and flags).

so, WG, you don't have to use this way to push people to spend money on your game, ok?

Edited by Houselei
update

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,173 battles

There are also lots of players who have paid for lots of French containers from the premium shop and didn’t get a single French BB mission.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,800 posts
14,737 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

There are also lots of players who have paid for lots of French containers from the premium shop and didn’t get a single French BB mission.

sadly but true!

I went to the dark side and decided to stay there for recovery

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,902 battles

Buying the French containers seems to be an iffy prospect on earning BB missions at best.  Kind of glad I stuck with buying Agile instead, the rewards more than justified the cost at the time.  It's not a bad DD, and the 10 point captain with the big bundle was more than useful in getting more out of the boat.  You throw in the daily container mission just for playing a round in it through the 2nd, and it's more cost effective than buying 20 containers straight out.

So far I've gotten the tier 5 and 6 BBs and earned the collection captain, tripling my number of French captains with 10 or more points in just over a week.  I've still got another 10 containers from the French mission to go, along with another 10 from the Agile daily mission.  Earning a chance at either the tier 7 or 8 would be great, but it's no game breaker if I don't.  The grind from tier 6 to 7 won't be terrible and that boat looks to be a keeper.  Additionally, there's still the mission to earn the Agile running.  So I can earn a nice profit from the credit value of the boat, possibly the port slot, and I'll end up sticking the 6 point captain in either the DD or throw him on a cruiser.  Can't really complain so far.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

If I don't get the french BB's to play early I will wait for the actual line to be released.{It is inevitable} 

[LOVE]
[LOVE]
Members
82 posts
15,314 battles

My only regret was not buying the Aigile sooner, I ground out all the French missions to luck out at missing 1 item with only 2 duplicates to spend, now I got a chance of adding 13 more boxes before the mission runs out. Sure I could of bought 10 French super containers for $26, but the Aigile was $23 and I still get a French super...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

didn't buy any box, but got t5/6  from first batch.  almost got enough xp for t7 once it is released.  (I am assuming about 70k)

• Cool 1

[APCR]
[APCR]
Members
36 posts
14,778 battles

another 3 french containers, no ship. only 7 possible containers left upon finish final mission...

[WOLF5]
Members
865 posts
32,103 battles
3 minutes ago, Houselei said:

another 3 french containers, no ship. only 7 possible containers left upon finish final mission...

Actually, if they keep the same awards as on the PTS, the limited time French Gold Campaign will have more containers. 

[APCR]
[APCR]
Members
36 posts
14,778 battles
Just now, h9k_a said:

Actually, if they keep the same awards as on the PTS, the limited time French Gold Campaign will have more containers. 

That is PTS?

[APCR]
[APCR]
Members
36 posts
14,778 battles
Just now, h9k_a said:

Public test server

But doesn't your public test account separate from your main account? your ships and awards are transferable?

[WOLF5]
Members
865 posts
32,103 battles
3 minutes ago, Houselei said:

But doesn't your public test account separate from your main account? your ships and awards are transferable?

You only get flags/premium time/camos on the main server when you complete the PTS challenges/tasks.

But in the past the server awards for completing campaign tasks have been the same on both the PTS and Main servers, they usually just change the requirements (either harder tasks or more stars). It's usually a good indication of what's going to be on the live server. 

[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,513 battles

I ended up one collectable short of finishing the collect, little miffed it didn't at least give enough chance to for sure finish the free bit of it. 

Oh well I guess, just hope for a return of the collection mission like the Bismarck ones to finish it eventually. I'm not spending money on it. 

Sign in to follow this