You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

So many Corgi's running away, not participating in the battle ... what gives?

27 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I originally thought Corgi players were supposed to be good players, but my recent experiences have been proving me otherwise. Of the 4 Corgi's I have seen over the last 3 days, only ONE actually actively participated in the battle - the other 3 ran away, costing their team the game. These 3 Corgi players were:

*A Musashi .... who kept running the whole time, ended up staying at 25km from my team the whole battle long to the point that nobody bothered to shoot him. He literally stayed so far away, ours CA and BBs didnt even bother shooting him.

*A Perth ... who also did something similar. Popped smoke a couple times, to shoot at friendly but never actually tried engaging anyone directly.

*A Fujin (or Kamikaze, cant remember) ... spammed some long range torps at friendlies but again, never actually tried to close the distance and actually attempt to land the torps he was spamming. Friendly DDs literally stopped chasing him because he wasnt participating in battle, and just ended up going for the caps instead (smart decision).

All 3 lived by the end of the match ... but isnt that kind missing the point of Corgi? Anyway, needless to say, all 3 of these players were a significant factor that contributed to the loss by their team. How are these people selected for the role?

Edited by Ulthwey

[WOLF7]
Members
12,515 posts
9 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I originally thought Corgi players were supposed to be good players, but my recent experiences have been proving me otherwise. Of the 4 Corgi's I have seen over the last 3 days, only ONE actually actively participated in the battle - the other 3 ran away, costing their team the game. These 3 Corgi players were:

*A Musashi .... who kept running the whole time, ended up staying at 25km from my team the whole battle long to the point that nobody bothered to shoot him. He literally stayed so far away, ours CA and BBs didnt even bother shooting him.

*A Perth ... who also did something similar. Popped smoke a couple times, to shoot at friendly but never actually tried engaging anyone directly.

*A Fujin (or Kamikaze, cant remember) ... spammed some long range torps at friendlies but again, never actually tried to close the distance and actually attempt to land the torps he was spamming. Friendly DDs literally stopped chasing him because he wasnt participating in battle, and just ended up going for the caps instead (smart decision).

All 3 lived by the end of the match ... but isnt that kind missing the point of Corgi? Anyway, needless to say, all 3 of these players were a significant factor that contributed to the loss by their team. How are these people selected for the role?

I assume they simply take who ever will do it, i doubt they do much of a background check....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,601 posts
21,541 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I assume they simply take who ever will do it, i doubt they do much of a background check....:Smile_teethhappy:

^^^ Basically this

All the corgi's I saw played hard but not always smart. 

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles

I've mostly had good experiences with Corgi players, I think only 2 or 3 out of the dozen or so I saw really didn't understand the spirit of the event , by either constantly smoking, running and hiding and not actively fighting, or by bringing a super-unicum  div premium line-up in tier 4 and actively trolling the enemy team in chat the whole game... but overall, mostly good job from the majority of corgi's. Anywhere you go, in general, there's always a few bad apples.

Edited by The_Grand_One

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,910 battles
35 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

How are these people selected for the role?

25 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The requirements are, have played 100 battles in the last 30 days of the sign up date, and not be serving a forum ban at the time of the sign up.

1300 people signed up to be corgis and around 300 were selected.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,886 battles

Frankly, as a 3-time Corgi veteran, I'm incensed that some Corgis might behave that way - very much against the spirit of the event.  The only time I survive a Corgi match is when the other team folds like a house of cards and I can't find the last red ship quickly enough to ram him.  I think I've survived two matches this time around, maybe three.  The one that I do feel bad about, I got surprised by a BB at close range, but managed to avoid his shots and torped him, then finished him with guns.  Then I realized that the only other red ship was at the far side of the map with 3 greens closing.  I should've just rammed him.

Honestly, if you have a replay of such unsporting behavior I'd send it to @Radar_X - they can't do anything about this time (and this is probably the last Corgi event) but they can make sure players like that don't get selected for the next event, whatever that is.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,462 posts
11,290 battles

So I guess, I retreated but I was still shooting, um staying visible.    Sorry, that felt like I wasn't participating.   Then I played 4 games and killed everyone.  

I played a Fujin, that is it.  Those were not me :)

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,462 posts
11,290 battles
5 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Frankly, as a 3-time Corgi veteran, I'm incensed that some Corgis might behave that way - very much against the spirit of the event.  The only time I survive a Corgi match is when the other team folds like a house of cards and I can't find the last red ship quickly enough to ram him.  I think I've survived two matches this time around, maybe three.  The one that I do feel bad about, I got surprised by a BB at close range, but managed to avoid his shots and torped him, then finished him with guns.  Then I realized that the only other red ship was at the far side of the map with 3 greens closing.  I should've just rammed him.

Honestly, if you have a replay of such unsporting behavior I'd send it to @Radar_X - they can't do anything about this time (and this is probably the last Corgi event) but they can make sure players like that don't get selected for the next event, whatever that is.

I was in Fubuki and I was shooting the last CV left.  I want to drive up and ram, get the win and give him some flags.....  Time was closing to zero and we were down by points.. had to pull the trigger :/

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

A Corgi shouldn't let his team down. I play to win. Only when the team is either clearly winning or losing and my sinking won't matter either way, do I let myself be detected and give the other team an opportunity to sink me.

TEMP.jpg.6d1ccb46c5b540b6b5001f9cc696f319.jpg

c1.jpg.38640dcbe67a42552607ff03005e23d7.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[ARGSY]
6,781 posts
25,415 battles

I had a few Corgi that put up a fight (think one was Mouse in her Warspite) and others that sailed more or less in the middle of the map to get killed. Mine didn’t had a chance, stalked a Black with my T10 PADD, he lost half of his health before he know what hit him.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
Just now, Erebthoron said:

I had a few Corgi that put up a fight (think one was Mouse in her Warspite) and others that sailed more or less in the middle of the map to get killed. Mine didn’t had a chance, stalked a Black with my T10 PADD, he lost half of his health before he know what hit him.

I had three DDs come into my cap a short time ago and try to claim the bounty. One survived. I ended up 2nd on the winning team.

TEMP.jpg.77baecbc5d0ff5b4c2d756a9583a4620.jpg

[ARGSY]
6,781 posts
25,415 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I had three DDs come into my cap a short time ago and try to claim the bounty. One survived. I ended up 2nd on the winning team.

TEMP.jpg.77baecbc5d0ff5b4c2d756a9583a4620.jpg

Na, mine thought he had a free reign on his flank because our and his lemming train sail on the other side. He didn’t counted the DD‘s that were spotted... 

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Either way they may want to make changes to this event if it is held again next year (not sure what effect Niko's leaving will have on whether it is repeated).

Perhaps instead of randomly selecting Corgi's, they should have to meet tighter requirements. Also, there was one person who started a thread in the forums describing how his friends (including at least one Corgi) sync dropped into the games to increase the odds that his friends would get in a match with particular Corgis.

Think the rules need to be tightened up, and if necessary the requirements of who gets to be a Corgi need to be revamped.

[NWOC]
Members
990 posts
11,516 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

It's the year of the Dawg!

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,627 posts
19,334 battles

Finnaly got an enemy Corgi in a battle.

HSF Harakazi.

Same ship as me...

I was capping a ANF had a tier 8 RU cruiser pass me in the open, not even giving radar.

Of course, he was 1st to die.

3 cruisers and a BB rushing caps to kill a Corgi.

5 down

Corgi died contesting a cap.

We almost lost.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,925 posts
1,886 battles
1 hour ago, Nachoo31 said:

I was in Fubuki and I was shooting the last CV left.  I want to drive up and ram, get the win and give him some flags.....  Time was closing to zero and we were down by points.. had to pull the trigger :/

Totally different.  If it comes down to surviving and win for the team, or dying and giving stuff to one red player, your team wins. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,905 posts
23,763 battles

All the Corgis I saw in battle played "normally" to win....never saw one come even close to running and hiding.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

When I play the Corgi, my teams have won more often than not. Mostly, I'm in the middle of the pack, sometimes at or near the top. Very rarely am I at the bottom and then only when I am surprised and focus fired early on.

Warships Today Rating  1,133    1,024    Battles 14   69    Win Rate 71.43%   62.32%                                                          

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Corgi's Are Good Players doing something they often don't do {Die} 

A good Player plays to win. { I am all for surviving Corgi's }

WG has enough Easy Peasy Events I say Earn your Corgi!

I tip my Hat to those who do not go quietly into the nite,but Rage at the dimming of the light.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

I hope this is not the last event. I didn't see but 2 all weekend and did not even sink one but, it is good for the game I think.

Maybe corgi's will become a flock of pigeons?

[WOLF2]
Members
435 posts
8,402 battles

The Corgi's are just a mix of Captains from the game. Some are good players and some are potatoes.

.........yes I've seen a couple potato Corgi's hiding the whole game.

[--K--]
Members
6,634 posts
14,449 battles

I was not one of the ones not participating in battle. However, I played smart and played to the best of my abilities. I'll be honest, I didn't give out that many rewards. I did however help everyone's win rates who happened to be in my team. There were a few time where it was in my best interest to run. However I ended up with pretty cool games. It isn't our duty to die, it is our duty to fight. It is the duty of the enemy to kill us. If they wren't able to kill me over the course of the battle.... That wasn't my problem.

image.thumb.png.6d87d7d57eb14b4653dec6c7e1f1ce57.png

shot-18.02.19_07.10.25-0981.jpg

shot-18.02.19_08.22.59-0746.jpg