You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guardian54

Kancerkaze Infestation This Weekend

92 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles

Kamikaze and its variants have been bugging up Tier 6 matches all weekend long and probably will continue as long as the French missions are rolling.

It's not nearly as obvious when playing cruisers, but the likes of Hatsuharu or Gaede (more so than Hatsuharu) are playable only by WG standards (i.e. I can physically select the ship and click battle, provided the ship is not already in battle) next to the Kancer--er, I mean Kamikaze. If the huge gap in torpedo DPS isn't enough with the sudden unexplained jump in torpedo reload time (read: pandering to BBs who cannot into WASD), the Kancerkaze also has superior concealment, more compact size, and better agility.

For anyone who cannot read the above clearly enough: I DRIVE DESTROYERS and am OUT-SPOTTED by RETARDED MARGINS by KANCERKAZES (admittedly while not having enough captain skill points to deal with their 19-point captains effectively).

On the plus side, everyone else hates the accursed abominations so much they will team up to kill one the second it's spotted. Thus the Kancerkaze promotes teamwork.

On the other hand, so long as the likes of the Defender and Kancerkaze are around and WG sticks to its "never nerf prems" policy... you get the point.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 10

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Guess I'd better play my Gremyaschy instead

• Funny 2

[GWG]
Members
6,708 posts
12,763 battles

That's why I always use the Fujin... 

Huh?  What's that??  Some new RN cruiser?

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
988 posts
11,432 battles
8 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

That's why I always use the Fujin... 

Huh?  What's that??  Some new RN cruiser?

No, just a case of 'Phew, Gin', I had enough. LoL.

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

You forget that anyone using it can plonk in a 19 pointer and call it a day, too.

Of course, blame the ship torpedo hit mission...all I have that can remotely do the task is the free uptiered Ognevoi...

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles
11 minutes ago, Noone_You_Know said:

So... what your saying is...I should play my Kamikaze? Okay, get right on that.

Thanks, would be appreciated if you would help drive away more players from the game so that WG maybe eventually gets the memo.

10 minutes ago, Tronchaser said:

Kami is my number one ship... I'll be sure to play it more, if for nothing else to bug you more!

As I said above:

Thanks, would be appreciated if you would help drive away more players from the game so that WG maybe eventually gets the memo.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

More complaining directed at one of the only IJN destroyers that's actually decent at its design role.

• Cool 9
  • Meh 1

Members
3,574 posts
21,411 battles
1 minute ago, Guardian54 said:

Yeah Kami R doesn't drive people away from the game.

Lazy BB & cruisers drivers who want to sail straight lines drive themselves from the game because they can't be bothered to WASD much.

While it is an arcade game you actually have to learn game mechanics and have situational awareness.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles

Times like this is when I wish that I'd gotten a 'Kazi when it was still possible to do so.  :Smile_sad:

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles
14 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

More complaining directed at one of the only IJN destroyers that's actually decent at its design role.

It stands head, shoulder and tits above the other destroyers around it, which is a problem.

It would be great if the others were buffed up to where they should be, but WG can never be wrong in stuff like nerfing IJN torpedo spotting distances (despite historically the Type 93 being WAKELESS unlike EVERYONE ELSE'S TORPS) so... hahahahaha nope.

11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yeah Kami R doesn't drive people away from the game.

Lazy BB & cruisers drivers who want to sail straight lines drive themselves from the game because they can't be bothered to WASD much.

Other DDs who feel underpowered next to it get fed up and leave.

Lazy BBabies and Cruisers who prefer brain dead twitch shooters are another kettle of fish. I'm talking about the DD vs DD face to face, out in the heat. He who has much less camo is at a great disadvantage as the enemy fleet focuses him first.

Edited by Guardian54

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
16 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

It stands head, shoulder and tits above the other destroyers around it, which is a problem.

But it's okay when Khabarovsk does it.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Thats why the Kamikaze sisters were "banned", because they are OP. 

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,902 battles

Not going to lie, it did feel more than a little dirty clubbing tier 4s with my Kamikaze yesterday for that terrible first round of French missions.  Did give them a little mercy though, I was using it to train up a 6 point captain at the time.

• Cool 1

Members
3,574 posts
21,411 battles
12 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Biggest exaggeration I've ever heard.

13 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

I'm talking about the DD vs DD face to face, out in the heat. He who has much less camo is at a great disadvantage as the enemy fleet focuses him first.

If you were actually talking DD to DD in a face off, Kami is at a big disadvantage once spotted due to weak guns with long reload. It's only advantage is it can torp first but no decent DD driver should ever be driving in a straight line either. 

As for concealment factors, if the other DDs got more concealment WG would have to nerf their guns to balance them out otherwise you get Gremy all over again.

• Cool 2

[TROY]
Members
212 posts
2,937 battles
19 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Times like this is when I wish that I'd gotten a 'Kazi when it was still possible to do so.  :Smile_sad:

Got mine during the original Kamikaze R event, lovely little boat with a cool paintjob.  I got the normal Kamikaze when testing out rewards on the Santa boxes this year. The normal Kamikaze may be available in super containers, I havent seen a current list of the available ships though so that is just a guess.

17 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

It would be great if the others were buffed up to where they should be, but WG can never be wrong in stuff like nerfing IJN torpedo spotting distances (despite historically the Type 93 being WAKELESS unlike EVERYONE ELSE'S TORPS) so... hahahahaha nope.

Lazy BBabies and Cruisers who prefer brain dead twitch shooters are another kettle of fish. I'm talking about the DD vs DD face to face, out in the heat. He who has much less camo is at a great disadvantage as the enemy fleet focuses him first.

1 minute ago, Xlap said:

Thats why the Kamikaze sisters were "banned", because they are OP. 

They were practically carbon copies of the original Minekaze when they came out, they just had a snazzy paint-job and slightly worse AA.  It was the later nerfs to the Japanese destroyers that made them so strong.  This is a case of WG creating a problem afterwards and not them creating and releasing an OP boat to make money. 

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
7 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

They were practically carbon copies of the original Minekaze when they came out, they just had a snazzy paint-job and slightly worse AA.  It was the later nerfs to the Japanese destroyers that made them so strong.  This is a case of WG creating a problem afterwards and not them creating and releasing an OP boat to make money. 

Fun fact: When Fujin (the first of the Kamikaze trio) was made available for sale, it was largely panned by the forum as objectively weaker than Minekaze due to being 1 knot slower and having barely any AA, all in exchange for slightly different launch arcs on the torpedo launchers.

Now, 18 months later, Fujin is "stupidly OP" despite not a single thing about it changing.

What happened is the game changed around it. IJN destroyers were nerfed in the line split that WG still refuses to actually finish. Battleship players got complacent since they keep getting buffs and adjustments made in response to their ceaseless whining. Players get rewarded for being bad, continue to be bad, and then run into something specifically designed to punish bad play-- so they whine about it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 5

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Fun fact: When Fujin (the first of the Kamikaze trio) was made available for sale, it was largely panned by the forum as objectively weaker than Minekaze due to being 1 knot slower and having barely any AA, all in exchange for slightly different launch arcs on the torpedo launchers.

Now, 18 months later, Fujin is "stupidly OP" despite not a single thing about it changing.

What happened is the game changed around it. IJN destroyers were nerfed in the line split that WG still refuses to actually finish. Battleship players got complacent since they keep getting buffs and adjustments made in response to their ceaseless whining. Players get rewarded for being bad, continue to be bad, and then run into something specifically designed to punish bad play-- so they whine about it.

What happened is that, by then the IJN DD line was one of the strongest lines in the game, if not the strongest and Minekaze was a OP ship. So the Kamikaze sisters were released they were weaker versions of strong ships but they were still very strong. But after that IJN DDs were nerfed and the Kamikaze sisters were not. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
24 minutes ago, Xlap said:

What happened is that, by then the IJN DD line was one of the strongest lines in the game, if not the strongest and Minekaze was a OP ship. So the Kamikaze sisters were released they were weaker versions of strong ships but they were still very strong. But after that IJN DDs were nerfed and the Kamikaze sisters were not. 

The problem wasn't that the Minekaze was OP.  The real problem is that tier 5 is still and probably always will be by a considerable number of newish players or outright noobs who haven't learned the necessity of WASD skills, and will sail in straight lines.  Decent players can avoid Kamikaze torps without too much difficulty if they're paying attention and properly use WASD hax.  Oblivious players will just sail straight into those torps.

[70]
Members
1,212 posts
6,662 battles
51 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

But it's okay when Khabarovsk does it.

Da, is Russian, Comrade!

49 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

As for concealment factors, if the other DDs got more concealment WG would have to nerf their guns to balance them out otherwise you get Gremy all over again.

Problem with this claim: Open Water Stealth Firing has since been removed from the game.

42 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

1. Release slightly weaker clone of ludicrously overpowered ship

2. Nerf OP ship

3. The clone is now OP.

35 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Xiap has it right.

When you can reload your torps faster than my BB can reload its HE for a second salvo at you, well something has to give.

27 minutes ago, Xlap said:

*Applause gif.

1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The problem wasn't that the Minekaze was OP.  The real problem is that tier 5 is still and probably always will be by a considerable number of newish players or outright noobs who haven't learned the necessity of WASD skills, and will sail in straight lines.  Decent players can avoid Kamikaze torps without too much difficulty if they're paying attention and properly use WASD hax.  Oblivious players will just sail straight into those torps.

I distinctly recall 30-second torpedo reloads, which means you get two salvos of torpedoes at a BB who can only throw 2 salvos of HE in response, if he even spots you.

And low Tier BB agility is, er, not the best, plus they don't have 10+-point captains and they can't afford fitting equipment.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Xiap has it right.

When you can reload your torps faster than my BB can reload its HE for a second salvo at you, well something has to give.

...Since when does any battleship have a reload longer than 47 seconds?

• Cool 5

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Less than a handful of peeps seem to have a problem with them. :Smile_ohmy:

Wait till the event is over, and you'll see much less of them.

Overall it's strange to see a post against them for the few days the missions have been available.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1