You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

19 comments in this topic

[P4DC]
Members
9 posts
1,149 battles

Just trying to figure out what happened to the Indy, why cant we buy her anymore? When will she be coming back? I never got the change to pick her up :(

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Congratulations on your fortune!  You saved some money.

• Meh 1

[P4DC]
Members
9 posts
1,149 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Congratulations on your fortune!  You saved some money.

No really, what did they do to her?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
8 minutes ago, ChevyFox said:

No really, what did they do to her?

She's bad and has always been bad.  Ships rotate through the shop.  Indy will be back, my hope is nobody will be dumb enough to spend money on her.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[P4DC]
Members
9 posts
1,149 battles

She is a good ship, just not for a lot of people. She takes some different kind of understanding lol

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Indy is not that bad. Just a victim of a little power creep. I like it better than P-cola.  May buff her with split.

Would guess they will put on sale with cruiser split (along with Wichita, please).  

• Cool 1

[P4DC]
Members
9 posts
1,149 battles
1 minute ago, jmanII said:

Indy is not that bad. Just a victim of a little power creep. I like it better than P-cola.

Would guess they will put on sale with cruiser split (along with Wichita, please).  

Yes, that would be awesome!!

[GWG]
Members
6,715 posts
12,770 battles

Picked mine up on sale for $25.99 after the research team found the sunken wreckage.

It's nice having a 3D model as you go over the wreckage photos.

I like it.  It plays like a Des Moines -- even has Radar for Tier 7.

You learn to go bow in, and not to extend too far.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
10 minutes ago, ChevyFox said:

She is a good ship, just not for a lot of people. She takes some different kind of understanding lol

I have one.  It's bad.  Pensacola is the much better ship.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Meh 1

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,401 battles
7 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

I have one.  It's bad.  Pensacola is the much better ship.

Hey

I would agree; Indy is a ship you want to love, but just can't.  It plays more like a light cruiser than a heavy cruiser.  Does not take damage very well.  Not worth the purchase considering there were much better ships in the premium shop.

Pete

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
787 posts
6,044 battles

YMMV.....IMO  Pena’s big advantage is two extra guns when kiting away.  Indy’s radar can make a difference in right circumstances, just very short. Wish ROF was faster to get more than one shot off on a dd 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Pensacola is smaller, more agile and has more hit points.  The gun layout and extra barrel are just an added bonus. That's what makes her better than Indy.  Her radar is so situational as to not be an advantage most of the time.  She doesnt have the guns to take advantage of it.

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,401 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, crzyhawk said:

Pensacola is smaller, more agile and has more hit points.  The gun layout and extra barrel are just an added bonus. That's what makes her better than Indy.  Her radar is so situational as to not be an advantage most of the time.  She doesnt have the guns to take advantage of it.

Hey

Exactly right.  Most of the time the Indy gets focused and deleted before your radar becomes an advantage.  I just don't find the Indy to have ANY advantages over the Pensacola, even with radar on board.  When looked at historically, the Indy should have more HP than Pensacola since it was heavier and had more armor.  

Pete

Members
57 posts
5,183 battles

The Indy, really isn’t that bad.  It’s very meh.  The guns are some of the most lethal you can get.   The rest of her is very meh.

That being said... I think a rudder shift buff and a small hp increase might be in order.  

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,401 battles

Hey

The Indy is still a POS; probably the worst ship that I have run to date; I hate it more than the FDG, which is saying a lot.  Definitely the worst premium that I have to date!

Pete 

Members
260 posts
4,062 battles

I've generally had decent luck with the Indy (63% win rate, but only 30 games), but it is still a poor ship. It's just...  meh... The guns hit hard, yes - but suffer from that low projectile rainbow arc that is too common in US ships. It has no torps, but that's expected... AAA is fine... turning radius seems rather large... and, like too many cruisers, it falls apart if you look at it the wrong way. In many ways, it is a shining example of why cruisers have become increasingly not fun to play in the game. It's not some obvious problem, but just mediocrity all around, along with the usual "made of cheap glass" problem most cruisers suffer from when they get hit by real guns.

At least I got it on sale... it wouldn't have been worth full price.

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,401 battles

Hey

The port queen known as Indianapolis need to have a HP buff to be slightly better than the present Pensacola (and that would be historically accurate) and a buff of about 2 seconds on her ROF and then she will be ok, until then, she will always struggle to being viable.  Even a heal would help much like the Abruzzi is getting at T7.  The Radar really doesn't contribute much since you get focused on and dies quickly because of it's vulnerabilities, even bow on doesn't stop anything from wrecking you.

Pete