You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Moskva radar did not reveal enemy

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Sending a ticket to CS on this one... but scenario is as follows. I move towards A to support Gearing. Well within range of my radar, A starts turning red, indicating a red ship (likely a DD) is capping. I activate my radar and proceed forward much farther than necessary because amazingly, even though the cap is inside my radar, nothing is revealed. It's only about 1.5 seconds prior to my radar expiring that a DD pops up then disappears. 

Anyone experienced this? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,518 posts

Had that happen in Clan battles once.

Map was Giant and a DD and myself in a Des Moines was capping the encircled Cap A to the West.

I rammed my cruiser into the outside of the island, waited for the DD to set up, then radar'd the whole cap.

Apparently an unseen enemy Des Moines went into the other side of the cap and blocked.  DD couldn't see the Des Moines, and it didn't show up on Radar.

We were on TeamSpeak wondering what the heck was going on.  I came around to the opening, then all hell broke loose.

My DD clanmate detected the enemy Des Moines at 6KM -- inside the open cap.  I detected a Hindenburg and Shimakaze right next to me.

We were both wiped out rather quickly...  no smoke was dropped.  At least I managed to kill the Shima before being deleted.

---  I guess these are all 'Character Building' exercises for us where the enemy team is given unlimited RNG.

We went through a half dozen of these unfair (43 hits for 4K damage on a full health ship) missions...  Our luck turned around and we started winning a few.

And when I say 'turned around' -- it means being treated fairly.

So where is the guarantee that these game mechanics will never malfunction?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,921 posts
1,671 battles
47 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

So where is the guarantee that these game mechanics will never malfunction?

I'm sure if you review the EULA it has language in it that says (and I'm paraphrasing here), "We do not and can not guarantee anything, up to and including availability of the game, and your only recourse is to not play."

[LSKF]
Members
96 posts
2,760 battles

After watching the replay, I don't think there's an issue.

The DD was sitting right on the edge of the capture point and did get spotted just before your radar went down. I think he was just out of range.

Members
3,179 posts
6,371 battles

DD was at the edge of detection as you were on the edge of destruction.

2nd screen shot shows DD last position

But DD did not show on your screen though....

shot-18.02.19_12.10.51-0565.jpg

shot-18.02.19_12.11.42-0451.jpg

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

I think you guys are right - the radar is like 11.7 or so... and the circle is my concealment not my radar reach. Quite probably operator error in my new Moskva. 

Thanks for the feedback - i'll watch for any future incantations. :cap_like: