Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Player confused about enemy vs Allied ship?

22 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles

Ever seen a situation where you have allied ship get confused because another allied ship has red camo and enemy has green camo.

And this happy little trio meets in close quarters combat and the one player gets confused by camo colors and blasts the ship with red camo instead of the enemy with the green camo...

• Funny 1

[STW]
Members
792 posts
6,245 battles

I suspect I might be missing some sarcasm, but if this is legit then ask them what brand of glue they've been eating if they really try to identify friendly vs enemy ships by their camos.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles
Just now, The_Grand_One said:

But... they have big bright red, or big bright green letters floating right on top of them...

True but at brawling range after coming around island I guess some players can get confused lol.

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles

But... they have big bright red, or big bright green letters floating right on top of them...

Yeah.. cause we all know everyone immediately looks for those in a close qtrs fight.

I've never gotten the ships mixed up because of camo colors but I have blasted a salvo into a friendly in a CQ situation.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,170 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

Yeah.. cause we all know everyone immediately looks for those in a close qtrs fight.

I've never gotten the ships mixed up because of camo colors but I have blasted a salvo into a friendly in a CQ situation.

You don't have to look... THEY'RE RIGHT THERE! I mean there is literally no way to miss them, you don't actually have to read them or anything, there's just green, or red, scribbling right on top of the ships... It's not like at 2 km you're going to stay zoomed in anyways... I don't even see how this is possible.

[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles
1 minute ago, The_Grand_One said:

You don't have to look... THEY'RE RIGHT THERE! I mean there is literally no way to miss them, you don't actually have to read them or anything, there's just green, or red, scribbling right on top of the ships... It's not like at 2 km you're going to stay zoomed in anyways... I don't even see how this is possible.

I know right 

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

So have I. I imagine most players have gotten confused and fired at a team mate at one time or another.  Happens. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles
1 minute ago, The_Grand_One said:

Zoom in on a close target.. no, they are NOT "RIGHT THERE", and in some ships with very rapid fire guns you're gonna stay zoomed in. My Des Moines has a base 5.1 sec reload, with AR that can drop considerably. IDGAF if you  don't like it, or disagree with it, I'm not zooming in and out. If I potato out and fail to realize a friendly has entered the area there's a possibility I'll let one loose. Luckily this doesn't happen often and possibly even become never as the game continues to slow down for me.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,170 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

Zoom in on a close target.. no, they are NOT "RIGHT THERE", and in some ships with very rapid fire guns you're gonna stay zoomed in. My Des Moines has a base 5.1 sec reload, with AR that can drop considerably. IDGAF if you  don't like it, or disagree with it, I'm not zooming in and out. If I potato out and fail to realize a friendly has entered the area there's a possibility I'll let one loose. Luckily this doesn't happen often and possibly even become never as the game continues to slow down for me.

I have a minotaur that fires a lot faster than your Des Moines and I STILL have never failed to realize which ship I'm shooting at.

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles

I have a minotaur that fires a lot faster than your Des Moines and I STILL have never failed to realize which ship I'm shooting at.

Congratulations Mr Perfect, you're my hero

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Both over a year ago, and not confused by camo per se.  But I'll admit:

1) One time...in WoWS...I got disconnected in, I think, a New Mexico.  I got back in five minutes later, flustered, on fire with 1/3 of my health remaining, and target 8 km in front of me, which I proceeded to unload on.  It was green.

2) This other time...in WoWS...I was also in a mid-tier battleship, I forget which, and two destroyers were jousting in smoke or something.  I tracked the wrong, that is, green one out of the scrum, and hit him for something like 5-6K 13 km out.  (No lock on bonus...where's that dispersion when I need it???)

[5D]
Members
3,027 posts
19,284 battles

I could understand in a brawl if a pink teammate was confused as a red player but not one that is clearly marked as green above their ship.

Members
433 posts
8,327 battles

I had a distracted "ooooo shiney!" moment the other day. When I looked back there was a FdG sailing broadside about 6km away. For a split second I engaged "panic lol torp" mode until my brain re-engaged and I realized the match was 45s old and we were still leaving the spawn area. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,170 battles
3 minutes ago, CBSDracster said:

I had a distracted "ooooo shiney!" moment the other day. When I looked back there was a FdG sailing broadside about 6km away. For a split second I engaged "panic lol torp" mode until my brain re-engaged and I realized the match was 45s old and we were still leaving the spawn area. :Smile_facepalm:

lmbo! Now THAT'S a brainfart! which is pretty much the only way I can see anyone firing at their own ships...

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,687 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ever seen a situation where you have allied ship get confused because another allied ship has red camo and enemy has green camo.

And this happy little trio meets in close quarters combat and the one player gets confused by camo colors and blasts the ship with red camo instead of the enemy with the green camo...

No,

but on occasions I do somehow confuses a friendly as an enemy, then torps them. Happened a few times where the friendlies were less than 3 km from me, but for some reason thought they were enemies. 

Few times smuggly unleashes torp from 1 km away from a friendly, expecting a kill, then...

Image result for wut

Edited by NeutralState

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have mistaken a green ship in my sites before but that was a Point of view issue unzoomed the red team overlapped the green tag. Zoomed in to fire the tags are not visible always.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

I started playing on the EU server a few years ago, this happened to me.

Two ships were side by side, both bots... you KNOW how they like to snuggle up together without shooting at each other...

Anyhow, I started shooting at the enemy.... sunk them with my first shot... and then found out that the "enemy" was the ally.

They were so close that the tags got confusing. I wore the pink for a few games after that with total shame but a lesson learned... at least it wasn't a human I sunk.

Members
3,967 posts
4,263 battles

Though rare the only times it happens to me is when I say zoomed in, don't look at a name or the mini map, and think "that is a ship and its me or them". 

Sign in to follow this