You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Musashi. . . short memories on this forum

57 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Anyone remember how a bunch of people a couple months ago were saying "Musashi is just a nerfed Yamato, and not worth getting.  You'd be better off just playing Yamato."  Don't see too much of that these days.

Personally, I don't like her, because she forces a passive play style and I'm an aggressive player.  But I don't see anyone complaining that she is underpowered.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles

Meh, seeing as how I have a yamato and I'm about to unlock the HSF camo for her, and I have a MO... Musashi really isn't that attractive to me. I'll pass and get nelson with my free XP next.

[USCC2]
Members
5,795 posts
2 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Meh, seeing as how I have a yamato and I'm about to unlock the HSF camo for her, and I have a MO... Musashi really isn't that attractive to me. I'll pass and get nelson with my free XP next.

I wasn't aware people were saying that; some may have been, but most of the posts I saw were making a comparison between the Missouri and Masashi and which one people should spend their limited XP on if they had to choose.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I wasn't aware people were saying that; some may have been, but most of the posts I saw were making a comparison between the Missouri and Masashi and which one people should spend their limited XP on if they had to choose.

Yeah there was some of that too.  But a lot of it was "Yamato is better, just get Yamato."

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles

Me in my Atlanta when there is an opposing Musashi:

845443-abused-child-cowering-in-a-corner

Really though, no reason to come out and do anything until Moose is dead. 

Edited by AnimaL21
  • Funny 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles
11 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Anyone remember how a bunch of people a couple months ago were saying "Musashi is just a nerfed Yamato, and not worth getting.  You'd be better off just playing Yamato."  Don't see too much of that these days.

Well in that case.....Musashi is just a nerfed Yamato, and not worth getting.  You'd be better off just playing Yamato.  :Smile-_tongue: 

Joking aside, there is an element of truth in that statement though.  I have a Yamato with a premium camo and the Missouri.  For what reason would I ever play the Musashi, and why would she be worth spending 750k Free XP/$130 on?  If I want to play the Musashi for the gameplay, the Yamato is just better.  If I want to play her for the economics, the Missouri is just better.  Sure, I'm tempted to get her because I'm a collectionist, but she is awfully expensive for a ship I know would just turn into a port queen after the novelty wares off.

Throw in the fact there are things out there like the Nelson, and there is a good chance the Kronshtadt will also be a Free XP ship, and I don't dare spend anything on the Musashi until I know what I'd be missing. 

*I'm not saying the Musashi is a bad ship at all, she just doesn't offer me anything worth spending money on.  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,708 posts
12,763 battles

I actually had the 750K FXP..  Also have Yamato (with prem camo) and Missouri.  Yamato is economical and fun to use in Co-Op.

So I free-XP'd the Hindenburg from the Roon for 188K FxP.  Also paid out the $25 for premium camo for it.

I can use the Hindy for Clan battles, and most importantly, I can buy the Musashi anytime.

With what's left, I can also free XP to the Shimakaze....   hmmmmm....  I'd defiantly like one of those more than a Musashi.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
24 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Personally, I don't like her, because she forces a passive play style and I'm an aggressive player.  But I don't see anyone complaining that she is underpowered.

Maybe because they changed her after all the crying? Talk about a short memory....

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,559 battles
27 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

You still probably better off getting a Yamato and premium camo and no one ever complained that the Mustashi was underpowered nor did anyone expect it to be.   What people did say was the expected the Musashi to have major issues with CVs due to the lack of AA but so far that hasn't been the issue some were afraid of.  That might change if CVs become more popular again but we will see.  They also said the reduced sigma on the guns would balance the Musashi out which for the most part I tend to agree with.  She is no where near as accurate as the Yamato and at times the dispersion can be a bit frustrating.  Also I don't think your forced to be passive, rather that is the way that way too many players chose to play the Yamato/Musashi and because of that, that is how people think they have to be played.  Generally speaking though, I find myself having much better games if I play aggressively as much as possible.   That is not to say she can be the vanguard of push and there are times where it is better to play passively, it is just that most players don't push their limits enough and make the ship feel boring in the process.  However, same lets be honest here, 90% of all Montana, Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, NC players play their ship relatively passively, bow on utilizing the same style of play the Yamato/Musashi does and with most of the other nations,  90% end up sailing around at the fringes of the battle sniping.  Point is, that passive playstyle that everyone complains about is a symptom of the entire BB player population and not just something that happens with the Musashi and Yamato.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I thought she was overpowered, for the same reasons I think the Yamato is overpowered, and I still think she's overpowered.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,380 battles

I think it's because people stopped caring and it's not worth arguing about anymore bc those who wanted musashi have already gotten it and don't care what other people think.

• Cool 2

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
43 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

I'll pass and get nelson with my free XP next.

Yeah I am think the same thing, I got to use the Nelson as a Corgi Captain, and while I did not do that well. I was impressed with her.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,826 posts
4,361 battles

I still think she's a bit UP, but mainly due to needing back the old Yamato Super Heal (same goes for Yamato herself). That sufficiently bumps both up for the current meta without changing anything else, and in Musashi's case, is a semi-active means of extending her long-term (by match standards) survivability as she has virtually no defense to CVs. But that's based on me having to rein myself back rather than push an advance with either, since it isn't like late CBT where Yamato could have led the charge and tank just enough heat to let the team push in while the Yamato then falls to second line to repair up for the next advance. I have to hug a cruiser or two for AA support so that I don't get early-game sniped.

That said, Yamato still is a better option over Musashi. Better accuracy, better secondaries/AA, and better Premium grade camouflage. The only thing Musashi has going for her is being able to bring in extra 460mm guns into a T10 match. Sure she may be the highest Premium available for the IJN, but her playstyle and setup requires a dedicated captain to mainly improve her survivability, and she isn't a good trainer for any captain other than a Yamato captain.

Edited by YamatoA150

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

After having Got Musashi, I haven't touched either of my Missouri or Perma-camo'ed Yamato and have honestly considering selling Yamato, because I just cant fathom a reason to play it other Musashi.

[RLGN]
Members
13,486 posts
23,513 battles
26 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I think it's because people stopped caring and it's not worth arguing about anymore bc those who wanted musashi have already gotten it and don't care what other people think.

This...

Still have 3-1/4mil fxp; still have MO, Nelson; still don’t want Yammy.

• Boring 1

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

There were plenty of people who were arguing that Musashi would require Yamato's 2.1 sigma to be competitive at tier 9 and without it the ship would be terrible. 

It was a pretty good example of how the community massively overvalues the sigma stat.  There were also people who claimed that the recent Colorado changes that increased the ship's hitpoints by 18% but reduced the sigma by 0.1 amounted to a nerf.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Vaidency said:

There were plenty of people who were arguing that Musashi would require Yamato's 2.1 sigma to be competitive at tier 9 and without it the ship would be terrible. 

I didn't. I did and still do think the Musashi is the very definition of PTW: here, pay some money (to convert free XP) or blow a huge wad of it for a *slightly* nerfed T10 placed at T9. While were at it, where's my Salem at T9? It's marginally worse than the DM so it's *fair* by the Musashi's standards to be a T9. Oh and I want a Lion at T8 with slightly less accurate guns and weaker Mid Ranged AA, that should be fair too right?

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

I didn't. I did and still do think the Musashi is the very definition of PTW: here, pay some money (to convert free XP) or blow a huge wad of it for a *slightly* nerfed T10 placed at T9. While were at it, where's my Salem at T9? It's marginally worse than the DM so it's *fair* by the Musashi's standards to be a T9. Oh and I want a Lion at T8 with slightly less accurate guns and weaker Mid Ranged AA, that should be fair too right?

I actually think Salem's British Super heal and Super cooldown DCP make it superior to Des Moines, but that's just my opinion.

Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

People were complaining it was overpowered but still not worth 920k free XP. Missouri and Yamato are both better choices. If you get stuck in a Tier 9 game with no CV though, then it is doubly overpowered.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I actually think Salem's British Super heal and Super cooldown DCP make it superior to Des Moines, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah but it has worse AA and WAY worse radar, so that's *more* than enough balancing, according to the Musashi, to be placed a tier Down.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Musashi is still a nerfed Yamato, but its at T9 and we compare her to a T10 ship.

If you are willing to spent money, you can Free XP to Yamato and buy the Premium camo and get the better ship. 

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Yeah but it has worse AA and WAY worse radar, so that's *more* than enough balancing, according to the Musashi, to be placed a tier Down.

Maybe, but radar was never really Des Moines strong point anyways it doesn't compare to a Moskva, and there's really not that many CV's either so AA is... meh... still, everyone has a different opinion. But I'm not sure anyone would call Salem " weaker" Than a Des Moines, I mean that super heal.... it kinda negates the Des Moines major weakness, it's squishiness, so right there i'd be willing to lose some radar range.

[CHASE]
2,960 posts
12,380 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

It was a pretty good example of how the community massively overvalues the sigma stat.  There were also people who claimed that the recent Colorado changes that increased the ship's hitpoints by 18% but reduced the sigma by 0.1 amounted to a nerf.

1.8 sigma isn't necessarily bad. Most players don't have good enough aim to take advantage of sigma values higher than 1.8, although in the hands of better players higher sigma is significantly more important.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, The_Grand_One said:

Maybe, but radar was never really Des Moines strong point anyways it doesn't compare to a Moskva,

It is better in every appreciable way other than the Moskva's being a *tad* longer ranged, but the DM's can get up to 56 seconds of radar time per charge. Radar is literally the ONLY thing that makes the DM playable at T10, as it makes her the best DD hunter, bar none. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

[CHASE]
2,960 posts
12,380 battles

Maybe, but radar was never really Des Moines strong point anyways it doesn't compare to a Moskva, and there's really not that many CV's either so AA is... meh... still, everyone has a different opinion. But I'm not sure anyone would call Salem " weaker" Than a Des Moines, I mean that super heal.... it kinda negates the Des Moines major weakness, it's squishiness, so right there i'd be willing to lose some radar range.

I prefer dm's radar bc I play moskva and dm very aggressively, the longer I can spot targets with my radar the better. 56 vs 35 second radar, I'll take the 56 second radar all day, especially since dds have .6km where they can escape before I'm guaranteed to spot them after they see me, where as dds have 2.1km to turn away from a moskva