Sign in to follow this  
GrandAdmiral_2016

I Love my Nelson (warning-brag thread!)

10 comments in this topic

[HELLS]
Members
2,570 posts
25,538 battles

Every once in a while I have one of these.Not often. Everything came together in the last 8 minutes. Before that it was a very ordinary game.  We were losing. Then the ducks lined themselves up by overextending....

shot-18.02.16_22.10.03-0250.jpg

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 1

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
10 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Every once in a while I have one of these.Not often. Everything came together in the last 8 minutes. Before that it was a very ordinary game.  We were losing. Then the ducks lined themselves up by overextending....

shot-18.02.16_22.10.03-0250.jpg

Impressive! Great job sir! o7

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,005 battles

I do love me my Nelson.

However, it does have a weakness:  it depends on non-potato play by your team mates to avoid being murdered quickly.

The Nelson is not a ship you yolo in, or fight one-man stands with, or even do Solo Warrior against any even semi-competent opponent.  Its sides are way too vulnerable, and the DC and Repair have huge cooldowns where you have to disengage (or at least, have the enemy focus on someone else for awhile).

If you can get that, the Nelson is fabulous. But if not, where half of your team is on the bottom and the other half is running around the far corners of the map, well, you're SOL and soon to be talking to Davey Jones yourself.

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,657 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, EAnybody said:

I do love me my Nelson.

However, it does have a weakness:  it depends on non-potato play by your team mates to avoid being murdered quickly.

The Nelson is not a ship you yolo in, or fight one-man stands with, or even do Solo Warrior against any even semi-competent opponent.  Its sides are way too vulnerable, and the DC and Repair have huge cooldowns where you have to disengage (or at least, have the enemy focus on someone else for awhile).

If you can get that, the Nelson is fabulous. But if not, where half of your team is on the bottom and the other half is running around the far corners of the map, well, you're SOL and soon to be talking to Davey Jones yourself.

I agree, even top tier, the likes of the Nagato or the Colorado can pen your bow so angling is key playing that ship.  What i like about the Nelson is that; yes it has the ridiculous British HE and the superheal but it is almost made of paper and can be easily citadel. I dont feel dirty shooting HE with the Nelson because i know if i make a mistake i will pay dearly (and neutralize my superheal at the same time) but if i stay on the edge of my seat and focus i will be rewarded.

Its not brain dead gameplay and this is what it should be about. I think the Nelson and the Duke of York (could use an extra healing charge tho) are the most balanced ones in the Brit line.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,302 posts
6,266 battles

I just got mine tonight, man do I love this ship! My first match I got over 105k damage and only died because of a combination of the enemy Nelson in close quarters (he rammed me) and our Edinburgh (who was riding my starboard side and wouldn't let me turn to evade). Next match was less spectacular, but I still got 5 plunging HE hits on the enemy KGV and an HE CITADEL (!) on the enemy Donskoi. Oh man this thing is a monster, she's tied for heaviest broadside in my port with Alabama as of right now and sits a tier lower, plus she's got RN HE and that "back from the dead" repair team. Loving it! 375k XP well spent!

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,431 battles

Hey 

Had my best in the Nelson tonight with a 134K damage, 4 ship sunk.  High Caliber but a loss.  My record of 95% losses on every game over 100K is still holding true.  Gets kind of frustrating after a while.  I would have posted a screen shot but a game crash wiped out the game records.

Pete

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

I LOVE Nelson. She is such a great ship. 

Nelson's guns are very reliable. She has a really powerful zombie heal that can keep her in the game when under intense fire ... as long as you stay angled. Nelson's sides absolutely do not react well to BB fire.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,302 posts
6,266 battles

That's a nice ram you pulled off, Cleveland. It would be a shame if I were to repair all of it. :cap_tea:

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,431 battles

Hey

I just had my personal best in the Nelson (highest ever is still the Hindy with 201.6K), and with the most kills for me to date.  In all fairness though I was top tier and in with T5's but it was a carry.  

Pete

Nelson Kraken.PNG

Nelson kraken 2.PNG

Nelson kraken 3.PNG

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this