Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Repulse

2-13 tonight

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,090
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Nothing kills my enjoyment of the game like damaging my win record - nothing. 

Tonight alone I have seen:

1) An Atlanta drive head-long into the enemy team in the first 90 seconds of a match and die to a hail of gunfire from no less than 7 ships.

2) An Independence eat 4 torpedoes from one auto-drop spread (I wasn't aware this was even possible).

3) Another, different Independence drive within the first 60 seconds of the game in range of 3 battleships and die.

4) A full-HP Kongo charge the smoke of a Gallant with about 500 HP and die to torpedoes. 

5) Two tier 7 destroyers sit in the same smoke cloud practically on top of each other, only to be killed by a Kamikaze. 

None of these losses were my fault; none were even remotely within my power to retrieve. And it's streaks like this - no matter what people claim - that lead folks to believe that the matchmaking is somehow rigged. I am not sure how convinced I am of it myself, but I've been actively switching tiers; switching nations; switching types, and am drawing the same potatoes every time.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Lutzow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[WOLF2]
Members
435 posts
8,409 battles

Ouch, that's a tough run.  Take a break when that happens or go to the ships you have the most success in to break out of it.

Edited by khan1670

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,717
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Sometimes you have to just walk away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Last year i had a 18 games losing streak. The worst part? Of those 18 games i was top three XP of my team in 16 of them. I was having good games for myself, but no matter what i did or tried i just could not win a game, my teams were terrible.

 

After that i made a rule, If i lose 5-4 games in a row i quit the game for a couple days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,257
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,297 posts
18,470 battles
3 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

drawing the same potatoes every time.

NOT the same potatoes, DIFFERENT potatoes! The weekends are like Idaho; full of spuds! You do notice many players who cherish their win rates avoid weekends like the plague? Now you know why!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,872
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,596 posts
13,522 battles

2-13 is tough, I feel ya man. Like some others have said, it helps me too to stop after 3 or 4 in a row, especially if they are good games. If I keep going, especially in the same ship, it only get worse.

 

 

Every. Time.

 

 

Spoiler

Also, divisions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[ADAPT]
Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

welcome to the club !!!..but you not seem enough..play more and find out more interesting mind of players!!! its all free on world of warships..miaw..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[WOLFB]
Members
415 posts
7,338 battles

I feel you pain. It took me two days to farm just TEN WINS for the second segment of French progression part two. This weekend was the most terrifying i've ever experienced in nearly two years of playing now.

Edited by Saidalphon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I feel your pain, last night I played ~30 games and had 33% win rate (only really picked up at the end). Got angry and really made an [edited]of myself. Really frustrating since I was consistently getting in the top third nearly every game and observed a lot of people throwing them quite often. Especially the bleeping Corgis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,350
[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
47 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I feel your pain, last night I played ~30 games and had 33% win rate (only really picked up at the end). Got angry and really made an [edited]of myself. Really frustrating since I was consistently getting in the top third nearly every game and observed a lot of people throwing them quite often. Especially the bleeping Corgis.

How many hours does it take to play 30 games?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
831 posts
7,016 battles

I had one night earlier in the week last week where I was 1-7 or 1-8, and the first battle (also the first loss) saw literally 7 of my 12 teammates dead before we'd even made it 5 minutes into the game.  It's not just reserved to the weekend, sometimes you're gonna have stretches like that.

Edited by Deviathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,069 posts
6,300 battles
14 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

report these losers for bad play.  I always report useless shitlords that die without contributing anything.  

I just reported you for having the most worthless shitload comment!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[RG]
[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
6,902 battles
22 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

report these losers for bad play.  I always report useless shitlords that die without contributing anything.  

Yeah, tearing up their karma. That’ll teach ‘em!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
8 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

Nothing kills my enjoyment of the game like damaging my win record - nothing. 

Tonight alone I have seen:

1) An Atlanta drive head-long into the enemy team in the first 90 seconds of a match and die to a hail of gunfire from no less than 7 ships.

2) An Independence eat 4 torpedoes from one auto-drop spread (I wasn't aware this was even possible).

3) Another, different Independence drive within the first 60 seconds of the game in range of 3 battleships and die.

4) A full-HP Kongo charge the smoke of a Gallant with about 500 HP and die to torpedoes. 

5) Two tier 7 destroyers sit in the same smoke cloud practically on top of each other, only to be killed by a Kamikaze. 

None of these losses were my fault; none were even remotely within my power to retrieve. And it's streaks like this - no matter what people claim - that lead folks to believe that the matchmaking is somehow rigged. I am not sure how convinced I am of it myself, but I've been actively switching tiers; switching nations; switching types, and am drawing the same potatoes every time.

I don't care about my stats, but I agree a lot of losses are demoralizing.

You should have quit far sooner though.  After about 4-5 losses in a row, I get the message and call it a night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,854
[WOLFG]
Members
27,151 posts
7,261 battles
1 hour ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

 

your salty tears taste amazing.

Umm.... I don't think that was tears....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,990 posts
4,484 battles
9 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

Nothing kills my enjoyment of the game like damaging my win record - nothing. 

Tonight alone I have seen:

1) An Atlanta drive head-long into the enemy team in the first 90 seconds of a match and die to a hail of gunfire from no less than 7 ships.

2) An Independence eat 4 torpedoes from one auto-drop spread (I wasn't aware this was even possible).

3) Another, different Independence drive within the first 60 seconds of the game in range of 3 battleships and die.

4) A full-HP Kongo charge the smoke of a Gallant with about 500 HP and die to torpedoes. 

5) Two tier 7 destroyers sit in the same smoke cloud practically on top of each other, only to be killed by a Kamikaze. 

None of these losses were my fault; none were even remotely within my power to retrieve. And it's streaks like this - no matter what people claim - that lead folks to believe that the matchmaking is somehow rigged. I am not sure how convinced I am of it myself, but I've been actively switching tiers; switching nations; switching types, and am drawing the same potatoes every time.

It happens Lutzow, look at my last 40 games sub 50% win rate.

 

Best thing you can do is focus on what you can control. The other stuff is just gravy, sometimes you have really bad streaks. Just gotta keep your chin up and keep on working hard for the wins, the record will adjust itself if you continue to do what you do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,791
[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
13,972 battles

What I do when there's a losing streak going on is stop worrying about win rate and try to see how high I can get on the team results screen.

It's kinda like a mind over matter trick that takes some practice to get used to. It does help take the sting off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×