You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MasterKennway

Clan Battles/Missions

7 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
3,850 battles

I'm actually kind of curious as for why ranked battles count for combat missions, challenges, campaign missions, and Person missions, but clan battles do not. Has this been asked about before? I couldn't find any forum topics discussing this matter.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Clan Battles have their own Rewards

Clan Battles are for Winning not farming.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,092 posts
18,082 battles

Missions tend to promote playing certain kinds of ships, or using certain kinds of tactics (more torps, more fast firing guns). They don't want any of that at all in Clan Battles, so they don't let them count there.

Members
17 posts
3,850 battles

@Edgecase That still doesn't make sense, since missions can be completed in ranked battles as well, and ranked is basically the same as Clan battles just a little harder to communicate with your team. Ranked also has its own rewards like clan battles do.

Members
17 posts
3,850 battles

During the Ranked season that it was Tier VII ships i completed a lot of missions in my gneisenau, whether it was torps, fires, main batteries, Secondaries, or even Plane kills. And in ranked there is less communication than in clan battles, with slightly more freedom with ship type being that CV's are allowed but only 1 per team still. And while i'm not 100% sure, I think Clan Battles even allow CVs during weeks where a CV is in the rotation of Rental Ships, since the Midway and Hakoryu are both on the list in the Tech tree for Clan Rentals.

Both game modes are 7 v 7, Both game modes have their own rewards. Clan battle rewards are for certain number of wins in each league, while Ranked battles was for every promotion in rank which could also be seen as certain amount of wins.
Ranked actually had a wider variety of Match types being Domination and epicenter(unless they decided to remove the epicenter)(I stopped playing about 2 weeks from the end of the T VI ranked season.
In my honest opinion the Ranked rewards were also significantly better than that of Clan Battles.

Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,702 battles
11 minutes ago, MasterKennway said:

During the Ranked season that it was Tier VII ships i completed a lot of missions in my gneisenau, whether it was torps, fires, main batteries, Secondaries, or even Plane kills. And in ranked there is less communication than in clan battles, with slightly more freedom with ship type being that CV's are allowed but only 1 per team still. And while i'm not 100% sure, I think Clan Battles even allow CVs during weeks where a CV is in the rotation of Rental Ships, since the Midway and Hakoryu are both on the list in the Tech tree for Clan Rentals.

Both game modes are 7 v 7, Both game modes have their own rewards. Clan battle rewards are for certain number of wins in each league, while Ranked battles was for every promotion in rank which could also be seen as certain amount of wins.
Ranked actually had a wider variety of Match types being Domination and epicenter(unless they decided to remove the epicenter)(I stopped playing about 2 weeks from the end of the T VI ranked season.
In my honest opinion the Ranked rewards were also significantly better than that of Clan Battles.

WG don't want to spoil you with too much love.