You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Situational_Unawareness

Cursed Supercontainer

23 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
239 battles

image.thumb.png.5d2f94dd52886ade4522a52f83a4933b.png

So I was running low on consumables so I decided "I'll just grab a consumable container to see if I can't pick up some more Hydro-acoustics II" and I see the little flicker for a super-container and that was pretty nice but then It came out with this. Not to be ungrateful, but I'm not going to be in those tiers for a very long time so that modification is going to be picking up a lot of dust.

Anyone else wanna share some pics of a Super container that turned out to be pretty lackluster?

• Boring 1

[--K--]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,339 battles

I'd give up my 20 DCP mod that I have gotten for your 1 Radar Mod any day of the week.

Members
63 posts
239 battles
1 minute ago, NCC81701 said:

I'd give up my 20 DCP mod that I have gotten for your 1 Radar Mod any day of the week.

I'd take you up on that offer tbh, considering I had to look up what surveillance radar even was after getting this.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, Situational_Unawareness said:

I'd take you up on that offer tbh, considering I had to look up what surveillance radar even was after getting this.

The T7 Indianapolis has RADAR, but it is a premium. T8 is when you start seeing them and it is very helpful. I would hang onto it instead of selling it IMO.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The T7 Indianapolis has RADAR, but it is a premium. T8 is when you start seeing them and it is very helpful. I would hang onto it instead of selling it IMO.

This.

Members
63 posts
239 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think the cruiser lines I'm interested in can't even use radar, but I'll probably be keeping it around just cause I don't need money from selling things right now anyway and I might eventually play the lines that can use it.

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,312 battles

I don't think I've ever had a super container that didn't have something that was useful.  In your case you can just keep it until you get to those tiers or sell it now to help pay for the next ship in the line(s) you are working.  Sort of a win win win kind of thing.  

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
6 minutes ago, Situational_Unawareness said:

I think the cruiser lines I'm interested in can't even use radar, but I'll probably be keeping it around just cause I don't need money from selling things right now anyway and I might eventually play the lines that can use it.

Yeah, the IJN and German lines do not get RADAR. The US, UK and Russia all have RADAR at T8 and the US and UK have T7 premiums with RADAR.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Today I got TWO supercontainers.

The first was yet another damage control modification.

The second was 100 signals to reduce burn time, to add to the 700 I already have.

Of the two, I was happier with the signals.

[KWF]
Members
4,044 posts
6,192 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The issue is that the Radar Mod can only be used on cruisers Tier T IX-X, so you need to grind some more. As for the OP, I can feel him, personally  gotten 4 Supercontainers, 1 with 50k free xp, the rest with special Mods.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,670 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would hang onto it instead of selling it IMO.

Yes.  Keep it.  These are quite rare.  It's unlikely that you'll get another while still a young man.

• Funny 1

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles

That's a really good supercontainer! I was super happy when I got one myself, but as people mention radar ships start at T8 ( I couldn't fit it on my T8's though, it only gave me the option to fit it on T9's and up) It took a long time before I got to FINALLY slap that bad boy on my Moskva.... totally worth it!

[PVE]
Members
11,277 posts
21,711 battles

I have gotten all of the various special upgrades in SC's since I started WOWS at least once. Some multiple times. That includes 2 Radar ones. I just sell them. I find the 625K credits more use. As a rule they can never be used on a ship I would want to use them on anyway.

Also, even if I can use them having to take a regular module out of the slot it goes in (Slot 2 for Radar seeing as that is what the OP got) to use it makes me say no thanks anyway. Now, if they replaced the existing same type standard consumable (as a super premium that is permanent) in the actual consumable slot vs replacing an upgrade module in one of those slots that would be different.

I am not taking DCSM1 off Baltimore that over the entire game offers constant benefit to add 14 seconds to my Radar which is situational and can only be used 3-5 times with long cool downs in between. Same goes for Def AA which boosts it's active time by 20% but is such a situational thing (plus CV's are not in every game) that I would never take that over SGM1 or PM1 for a French Cruiser like Charles Martel that benefits more for the standard module in the slot than a limited use boost to the time of situational consumables.

JMHO but what you have to give up for what you get in return using these makes them not worth it. It makes the 625 credits more valuable to me. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
11 hours ago, Situational_Unawareness said:

image.thumb.png.5d2f94dd52886ade4522a52f83a4933b.png

So I was running low on consumables so I decided "I'll just grab a consumable container to see if I can't pick up some more Hydro-acoustics II" and I see the little flicker for a super-container and that was pretty nice but then It came out with this. Not to be ungrateful, but I'm not going to be in those tiers for a very long time so that modification is going to be picking up a lot of dust.

Anyone else wanna share some pics of a Super container that turned out to be pretty lackluster?

11 hours ago, NCC81701 said:

I will raise NCC81701's offer and give you 30 DCP and one of NCC's premium ships. ;)

• Funny 3

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
12,545 battles

What is this "super container" you speak of...is it like a Sasquatch or Yeti....something spoken of but never seen???

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,902 battles

Dunno, I'd take that radar module over what I pulled yesterday with another final task in the Yamamoto campaign.  First super container was the DCP module.  Not exactly what I was looking for, I'd already pulled two of them in containers.  The second one?  Another DCP module...

Why do they call these super containers again?

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles

Those DCP modules aren't that bad, I found that if you stack it with a USN BB's already super long DCP, stack premium DCP consumables and stack THOSE with the reduced consumable time flag, the Jack Of All Trades captain skill AND the high Alert skill.... ( I know, it's a very specific ship type, and a very specific captain build, it's not for everyone) BUT you end up with a 25 s duration DCP with a 1 minute cooldown. It trolls the reds SO hard sometimes, especially CV's who like to stagger their drops and cruisers who immediately start focusing you when they see you've used DCP, only for you to fade away into the oblivion of concealment with absolutely no DOT's, and a CV who's probably telling himself "Such bad luck! No floods?"

Members
831 posts
7,016 battles

I have been trying my luck for another radar mod or two for months now and I keep getting the flag containers or smoke generator mods.  Feelsbad.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
17 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I have been trying my luck for another radar mod or two for months now and I keep getting the flag containers or smoke generator mods.  Feelsbad.

Leave it and open the credit boxes for port/reserve slots and flag boxes for extra Papa Papa/ESCL instead and let the supercontainer pop on its own.

...do you get "rare" paint/flags from TYL?

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,989 posts
4,484 battles
13 hours ago, Situational_Unawareness said:

Cursed is in the eye of the beholder my friend.

For me that is def not cursed.. That mod is prob the best mod in the game.. I wish i had one cherish it they are hard to come by..