You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brother_Noodle_PizzaTime

The Corgi's are fighting back!

24 comments in this topic

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,006 battles

without knowing what was said before, this doesn't really explain much

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
225 posts
7,584 battles

Corgis are a representative of our playerbase. We should be thankful they are doing this.

I for one welcome our new Corgi overlords.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,006 battles
11 minutes ago, _DangerNoodle said:

someone said they don't like the corgi players

I can understand the resentment towards corgis. Although the ones I've seen this time have been reasonably decent players, I've seen many in the past make targets of themselves to get sunk because they are nice people who want somebody to win a prize. They also are a disruptive distraction if they are on the enemy team because many players on your team will ignore better targets, objectives, and trying to win, because they instead want to kill the Corgi. The Corgi captain I love and respect is the one still alive at the end of the battle on the losing team, who didn't let himself get killed.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,243 posts
4,969 battles

As a Corgi captain I've been met with a lot of hostility and rude/aggressive comments over the weekend. I'll admit that sometimes it was hard not to hit that enter key and share my opinion. Guess it's just something that comes with the territory.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

As a Corgi captain I've been met with a lot of hostility and rude/aggressive comments over the weekend. I'll admit that sometimes it was hard not to hit that enter key and share my opinion. Guess it's just something that comes with the territory.

UoiCDN6.jpg

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,497 posts
13,661 battles

i just farming citadel and lure them chasing me to the corner of the map for been rude if that happen, or last man standing in my team and corner traveller

[HINON]
Members
3,211 posts
23,807 battles

Being a Corgi captain is not always rewarding. There were matches where people were indeed grateful for the prizes but many others never even responded to my congratulations, others moaned and complained when I would do well and or survive the match. Because a player is a corgi does not mean that he or she does not have a responsibility to support the team and contribute towards a win. 

[LOU1]
Members
4,022 posts
11,049 battles

I only let myself get killed is if we are way ahead and we are cleaning up the last stragglers.  I do that by attacking a ship I normally wouldn't in a way I normally wouldn't in that situation.  Oddly, most of the time I end up killing the other ship(s).  Most memorable is when I took out 4 with my Orion today.  If you see Corgi Captain 130 die stupidly when the outcome is at all in question, it is due to my skill level and not a sense of goodwill.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SYN]
Members
3,647 posts
19,853 battles

Well I think the vast majority (90% of the people I have chatted with) have enjoyed the event, So good on you Corgis and when I kill you don't be too upset.

[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles

Most of the players I have run into as a Corgi have been pretty good natured. Been very pleasant event so far.

Although have felt a little guilty when using Graf Spee since never have been able to afford to buy one, so my Corgi battles in it were a bit of a crash course in using it. I must say though the 5 battles I have used it in do far each once I improved greatly in which is not bad considering am not allowed to test it in Co-Op or anything like I have done if I had one in my regular account.

Other than that I feel any other ship I get into has been instant success in my being able to use them and contribute nicely to my teams.

( warning I will be using Graf Spee again in the next free time, lol I am determined  figure that ship out and start getting good battles in it, which seems reasonable considering I enjoy using Heavy Cruisers as well as Battleships ) 

[LOU1]
Members
4,022 posts
11,049 battles

I am not whining when I say this because I chose to volunteer for this.  But keep in mind that the Corgi Captains are giving up the opportunity to earn the rewards available this weekend on the Live and Public Test servers.  There are a lot of crates available that most of the Corgis will not have a chance to get.  Those of us that choose to play at least the focus sessions and not also in Free time played four hours Friday evening, nine hours on Saturday, six hours today and six hours tomorrow.  Many are trying to break the 100 game mark.  Personally, I am now at the 78-game mark, and those are full games not yolo out and get killed.  And, while we may get to play some ships that are not available anymore like the Iwaki A or Arkansas B, we are doing it mainly to give players and opportunity to earn doubloons and flags they might not otherwise be able to get.

Just some insight into why the Corgi Captain may have made the chat remark they did.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,102 posts
5,890 battles

My Corgi account has a 48% survival rate and a 66% win rate, all solo. Despite that I've been called a bot on almost every game and accused of throwing any game I die in and most of the games I don't.

That being said, there has also been a player in every match who expressed appreciation or thanks for the event. Corgis have a certain rallying effect, and when I start racking up kill numbers my team's morale soars. The enemy team almost seems to enjoy being killed some times.

It's possible my comrade has only run into the former player, and if so I don't envy his position.  But tho we are often tested, there is the reward of playing with the community, which as a whole is quite agreeable.

[LOU1]
Members
4,022 posts
11,049 battles

As Admiral Thrawn has said almost all of the players i have encountered have been fun to battle with.  It is only the two or three challenging ones that tend to stick in your mind.  In one of my very first Corgi battles,  a team mate asked, "what if I kill you now?" at the start of the match.  Then he broke my rudder with a salvo while I was moving towards a cap with a DD and said, "Corgi, pull your weight."

A rare occurrence and totally opposite of what most team mates have done.  Many teams take it upon themselves to protect the Corgi and consider it a mark of honor for us to survive.  That really stirs up the campers because I am always on the move.

I only hope other players are having as much fun with this event as I am.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[RLGN]
Members
12,230 posts
21,940 battles
11 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

And, while we may get to play some ships that are not available anymore like the Iwaki A or Arkansas B, we are doing it mainly to give players and opportunity to earn doubloons and flags they might not otherwise be able to get.

Sigh...

If only that included Kitakami...

Always wanted to go pink gloriously by sinking half each of both teams at the same time.

[LOU1]
Members
4,022 posts
11,049 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sigh...

Always wanted to go pink gloriously by sinking half each of both teams at the same time.

Saw you on the red team team, but was too busy to acknowledge a forumite.  And, no Kitakami - they deleted the ship file and it doesn't even show up in the Extended Tech Tree as unavailable.  Playing Flint twice today was nice since I will probably never get one...

Edited by ExploratorOne

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

I hope any I've run into take my "Corgi must die!" cracks in fun. I haven't been able to get one yet however. I wish to take the time to give them all a public "Thanks!" :cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
18,809 posts
11,512 battles
17 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

As Admiral Thrawn has said almost all of the players i have encountered have been fun to battle with.  It is only the two or three challenging ones that tend to stick in your mind.  In one of my very first Corgi battles,  a team mate asked, "what if I kill you now?" at the start of the match.  Then he broke my rudder with a salvo while I was moving towards a cap with a DD and said, "Corgi, pull your weight."

A rare occurrence and totally opposite of what most team mates have done.  Many teams take it upon themselves to protect the Corgi and consider it a mark of honor for us to survive.  That really stirs up the campers because I am always on the move.

I only hope other players are having as much fun with this event as I am.

I have had fun and I'm pretty mobile as well, so I'll be out in front alot.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I hope any I've run into take my "Corgi must die!" cracks in fun. I haven't been able to get one yet however. I wish to take the time to give them all a public "Thanks!" :cap_like:

I'm going to play some more T6 & T7 for an hour or so, so maybe we will run into each other.

• Cool 1

Members
4,156 posts
15,654 battles

I've only been in 2 matches where a Corgi was on the Red team, a Shinonome and a Kutuzov. I didn't get a shot off at either. I had caps and higher priority targets that were closer.

[RLGN]
Members
12,230 posts
21,940 battles
23 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Saw you on the red team team, but was too busy to acknowledge a forumite. 

Was it that battle on Trident? When I was in Normandie?

Saw and sank Corgie 112 later on Faultline.

Likely 1st and last time for that. Sounds like the event is being discontinued.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,215 posts
19,529 battles
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sigh...

your evil plus 1 for the entertaining thought though