You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sbcptnitro

Sorry unicums...you don't always know what you are talking about...

62 comments in this topic

Members
2,709 posts
16,942 battles

Well, this is probably a first for me, but for some reason two members of certain  clans felt the need to tell me I didn't know what I was doing.

In a 3k base xp game...and at the time I had already gotten two caps and 3 kills.

You know what? Some times you guys just need to shut the "you know what" up!

Atl-xp.thumb.PNG.a61f92dee4882432c5ab14a0bf02d96d.PNG

Atl.thumb.PNG.023cb353cfca9acff9e208b49e5b40a3.PNG

Title edited by Mezurashi.

• Cool 19
  • Funny 3

Members
567 posts
80 battles

Even unicums aren't immune to the "need to assign blame to some external force to distract from my failure to be the hero" rationalization. Difference is, unicums are still the hero in far more games than non-unicums. 

Nevertheless, still feels good to rub it in a blamer's face. 

• Cool 2

Members
4,156 posts
15,654 battles

Grats! not only did you do great, but you survived! Surviving is something that rarely happens when I drive my 'Lanta.

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,215 battles

Been playing this game the day it came out of closed beta.    You get your average salty players from time to time.    But you will see a lot of the big clan guys who are more then likely unicum be some of the worst people in terms of chat respect.    I am not going to list clan names but many of you will see a pattern.     I constantly say "Random game with random skill try and have fun" to remind players.    Random games are not ranked or clan battles.    A good game is awesome man.    But the big overall goal it to have fun.   Give compliments to your team even if you lose.     Give props to your team who do well even on a loss.    Steam brought is bringing a lot of new blood into the game, its good to show them a good community.    

• Cool 5

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,701 battles

I'm sure that shut them up, nice work

sometimes, actions speak louder than words, and yeah even unicums aren't infallible.

Even we get too salty to see the reality of the situation

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 2

[TF16]
Modder
1,066 posts
8,921 battles

Yeah I'm always amazed at how little some people know about how to play a light cruiser. When you are driving an Atlanta you have to "kite" a lot and avoid being sighted until the time and location are right. That has gotten me similar comments from the "tactical geniuses". 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,517 posts

Thank you for carrying these sorts into an even deeper shade of purple WR.

I'm sure they appreciate your efforts.  Next time, BE ON THE OTHER TEAM.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,102 posts
5,886 battles

As a unicum, you are correct. We are a perfectly normal cross section of personalities, statistics have nothing to do with disposition.

I don't know where this stigma of somehow not being just as human as anyone else came from

• Cool 2

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles

I had a game once where there was three full divisions of people from the same clan on my team and when we started losing they blamed everyone but themselves for it.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,336 battles

Real good players don't need to trash talk or demean other players, they just play well and don't need to shift blame to the opponent or their teammates. 

• Cool 4

[KRAB]
Members
875 posts
7,323 battles

Sometimes you play poorly but get lucky - you can rack up huge numbers due to tactical situations which on average would be detrimental to the strategic objective. I have no idea what happened in that game, but be careful not to focus purely on one result. They may have a point, or could just be mad that they got killed. Be careful that you don't discard useful advice, even during an otherwise excellent game stats wise. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,462 posts
12,778 battles

Wait until he finds out that Atlanta has a base XP buff for everything it does, just like Sims.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,728 battles

I think everyone should blame themselves for every loss. Every time you lose there's one costant in that game. Yourself. If I lose a game, it's my fault. I think about what I could have done better afterwards, and try to apply that toy gameplay. I've done nearly 400k damage before and lost, yet upon looking back at it, if I made better decisions at the end game, we would have won. Only time you can't control not losing is if you are tk'd. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,709 posts
16,942 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Wait until he finds out that Atlanta has a base XP buff for everything it does, just like Sims.

Wait till you find out the guy calling me out got his unicum stats in the Sims.

1000+ games in the Atl. I'm not the best, but I'm far from the worst. And thanks for proving my point.

• Cool 4

2,949 posts
11,728 battles
7 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

1000+ games in the Atl. I'm not the best, but I'm far from the worst. And thanks for proving my point.

I don't think he's trying to say your game was bad, but you need to realize if you had that same game in a Pensacola, with only 1 cap and 1 cap assist, it would have been like a 2100 base xp game, not a 3k base xp game. Not everyone is trying to put you down but you do come off as a bit arrogant about this game.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
3,211 posts
23,807 battles

If i had unicom stats and belonged to a clan where I could div up with other unicom players to increase my chances of winning matches, I would not be half as salty as some of the players I see that rant about the occasional loss. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Most of the HINON folks I have come across are pretty decent.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,336 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I don't think he's trying to say your game was bad, but you need to realize if you had that same game in a Pensacola, with only 1 cap and 1 cap assist, it would have been like a 2100 base xp game, not a 3k base xp game. Not everyone is trying to put you down but you do come off as a bit arrogant about this game.

Not as arrogant as the dude with < 1000 base xp and putting the blame on his teammate

• Cool 2

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,701 battles
7 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I would argue to the contrary. Indeed his exp earnings would not have been as high but he would still have proved the effect he had on the game with his Atlanta in a IX game. It's less "look how great I did" and more about proving his unicum teammates wrong by letting the post game score speak for itself.

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 3

[O_S_D]
Members
119 posts
4,820 battles
8 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Is the buff 78%?

Because that's how high it would have to be before he wasn't 1st place on his team in base XP. 

I don't think it's 78%. 

It would also have to be 117% for his game to have been inferior to the first name he blacked out, and 215% for his game to have been inferior to the second name he blacked out, whom I presume to be the guys who harassed him. I also don't think it's 117% or 215%. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,709 posts
16,942 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

LOL... ok, dude. You've completely missed the point.

2 minutes ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

I would argue to the contrary. Indeed his exp earnings would not have been as high but he would still have proved the effect he had on the game with his Atlanta in a IX game. It's less "look how great I did" and more about proving his unicum teammates wrong by letting the post game score speak for itself.

This!  it was a win..it was always going to be a win at the point where they felt the need to tell me I didn't know what I was doing. There was absolutely no reason for it whatsoever!!!

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
15,462 posts
12,778 battles
25 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

yeah, I'm not saying your game was bad at all.

It's just that Atlanta and Sims has this base XP boost for everything it does.

This is why Atlanta is a popular choice for Narai. It literally prints base XP and everything attached to it.

2,949 posts
11,728 battles
Just now, sbcptnitro said:

LOL... ok, dude. You've completely missed the point.

I haven't missed the point. You proved unicums wrong by having a 3k base xp when I'm sure they proclaimed sh*t team. Good for you carrying the game. I'm not putting you down. But would you have showed this game and made this post if you only earned 2k base xp. That's why MrDeaf is trying to imply.