Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Citadels

22 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
12,997 battles

Given that many of us are completing our French Progression in Combat Missions and are required, as part of that Mission, to complete main gun hits, victorious battles, citadels and torpedo hits...what is your go to citadel producing boat?  For me its my tier 5 and 6 UK and KM cruisers.  In the BB category it's my Arizona.  I also have favorites in tiers 7, 8 and 9, but players at that level don't give beauteous broadside targets quite as often.  How about you?

[STURM]
Members
63 posts
22,532 battles

Kirov T5 Russian CL. It has 180mm cannons (biggest of the line until you get them again at t9 Russian), and is guaranteed to easily cit a CL around the t5 range. It is my go to for citadel missions.

Edited by ArcDogRob

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles

My go to ships for citadel missions are heavy cruisers.  I got the 10 required citadel hits for the mission in 3 games on my Charles Martel.  Would have gotten it in one game if I'd played them in a different order because I got 11 citadel hits in the third game alone.  Just run a concealment build and be a little patient and it's pretty common to get opportunities to ambush other cruisers.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,628 battles

Usually I like Fiji and Molotov. But a couple days ago I got 14 citadels in, wait for it... Emerald. (Edit to add: in one game!)

Respects,

Am

Edited by Amracil

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles

my Arizona and the julius caesar for BBs and my cleaveland for CLs. They really need to make a Konigsberg clone premium for a tier V premium for the germans I would buy that in a heart beat 

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,613 battles

I use Farragut and bum rush a cruiser,  you can reach 20 cit games that way. If they don't predict what you're doing.

Most cits I've ever gotten in a cruiser is 17 with the sharkbait.

Edited by X15

[AAA]
Members
1,119 posts
12,425 battles

Brit t5-6 cl

km t5-6

suprisingly the USS Kidd. I ambush cl coming around an island with ap. Last time I needed cits I ambushed a Pepsi in the kid at 3 km and boom 6 cits in two volleys. I would have felt bad but I have Pepsi.

pepsi can rack cits too. Requires good mm and patience. Last game in Pepsi was 7 cits granted on two emeralds 

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

Atago is great for getting me citadels.  Her or Takao, depending on my mood.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, skull_122_steel said:

my Arizona and the julius caesar for BBs and my cleaveland for CLs. They really need to make a Konigsberg clone premium for a tier V premium for the germans I would buy that in a heart beat 

Hmmm.  Maybe not a bad idea, though it would by default have to be the Koln.  There are 3 ships in the class, the lead ship, the Konigsberg, the Karlsruhe, and the Koln.  For obvious reasons, they can't use the Karlsruhe name, so it'd have to be the Koln, which seems fine to me.  I'm normally not a fan of all these clone ships.  But if a clone ship it'd have to be, then a Konigsberg clone seems fine to me.  The K-berg is a nice ship.

[GLORY]
Members
344 posts
2,658 battles

Konig. Move in at close range, aim for the waterline, give a grimacing smile, and pull that TRIGGER. 

Citadels for dayz

[LEGIT]
Members
2,219 posts
30,411 battles

Yea Leander and Fifi.

Have ARP Myoko and Takao, and they citadel just as well, but I can't do make 'em last as long or do as much as the RN.

Members
9,915 posts
13,295 battles

I think if you take out the Cleveland and shoot AP at cruisers you will smile 
Think I got 16 in a game a week or so ago....

Members
559 posts
3,883 battles

If you really hate it when the 'Citadel' message pops up, sail a Colorado. Get about 1 citadel every 15 games or so. Usually rains 16 inch shells in the water all around the target. Occasionally hits for 1k damage, HE or AP. Haven't tried inertia fuses, those are probably for hunting DD's or something, which the Colorado can't do no matter what. Gets sunk within 49 seconds of being spotted by the Atlanta, every game in which there is an Atlanta. Also makes you contemplate suicide.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this