Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wstugamd

Leningrad compared to Khab

8 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
1,119 posts
12,402 battles

I’m looking at the Russian dd line to grind next. 

I have the Leningrad and do really well with it. Use my speed to stay at range and pepper ships with HE. I find 8-10 km is the range where I can consistently hit red ships but I see their shells and turn and don’t take tons of damage. I do use the torps as there is a small window of stealth fire or simply launching them at bbs on the back line that are coming at the torps. I get hits but that’s more like a bonus. I burn bbs down. 

Is the Leningrad and my playstyle with it similar to the khab. It looks like the detection range is much larger in khab but I’m typically firing at 10 km. The torps are not very useful. 

Anyway since the grad is a good ship for me will the khab be a good investment of a grind?

[AAA]
Members
1,119 posts
12,402 battles
2 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

the Leningrad is a DD  the KHAB is a Cruiser....:Smile_teethhappy:

It has cl/a detection but does it look play like the grad at last with the guns?

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,155 posts
6,611 battles

Khab is a shadow of its former blatantly OP self, trade smoke for a heal and you have one of the best HE harassment ships in the game.

I don't have a Leningrad but I imagine they are very similar.

[SYN]
Members
3,679 posts
21,206 battles

The Leningrad and the Khab have very similar play styles, as you enjoy slinging HE at distance you will not believe the damage you can rack up in the Khab. A 50k game in the Leni translates easily to a 100k game in the Khab.

Be warned though staying at range farming damage costs the team in Win rate. 

[AAA]
Members
1,119 posts
12,402 battles
12 hours ago, Camo68 said:

The Leningrad and the Khab have very similar play styles, as you enjoy slinging HE at distance you will not believe the damage you can rack up in the Khab. A 50k game in the Leni translates easily to a 100k game in the Khab.

Be warned though staying at range farming damage costs the team in Win rate. 

I have had success with the Leningrad cutting off flanking groups and getting deep into the bb line and causing mayhem. I got a compliment from a red bb driver for constantly stoping his push on our cap. 

I play to win. Do I help my team if I’m pushing flanks either denying the red boats the push or getting deep into red territory and keeping ca and bb focused on me instead of everything else. I’m not going to sit on the cap behind bbs and just shoot stuff. Is that what your referring to? It seem to me the Leningrad and khab main function is to he spam. I think you are saying don’t sit in behind and farm but go forward. With the Leningrad I get the red ships focused on me while blistering them and dodging incoming fire. That’s the way to play?

[ARCO]
Members
801 posts
1,276 battles

If you like the Leningrad you will like Izyaslav (Tier IV), Podvoisky (Tier V), You will LOVE the Kiev (Tier VIII) and enjoy the Tashkent (more a cruiser than a DD) and even mor the Khab.

Sign in to follow this