You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

Solo warrior - achieved

11 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles

Finally, got the highly sought after solo warrier achievement.  It wasn't the way I expected the game to go, but I'll take the achievement.

It was a T8-9-10 match.  I was in my T9 Z-46 doing my thing.  I actually finished the game with 99k damage and a kill.  The game was epicenter.  We got off to a good start and pushed the enemy out of the contested zone and secured the rings for points.  That was big.  It was pretty even in ship kills early on.  I think we had 3 kills to their 2.  Then we dropped them down some more such that we had a 8 to 5 ship advantage and the rings.  Both teams had ships that were equally damaged, so we had the ship advantage and were pushing them farther away from the rings.   Then, for whatever reason, some of our ships started to push out on their own thinking they needed to get a kill on the trailing enemy ships.  Their over extension resulted in bad things happening.  One by one they dropped.  Next thing you know, its 5 vs 5 and then 5 vs 4 for them.  I mentioned to our team to just stay alive and we will win this.  There was about 3 minutes to go and we still had a big lead.  Nope, team continues to advance and get killed.  I realized what was happenening and retreated from my advance position to make sure I stay out of enemy range, all the while chucking torps to deny the area and to slow them down from advancing.  Now its down to 5 on me and they are capping the center.  Luckily time was on our side.  We won as time expired with less than a 100 point lead.  The lead had been over 400 at one time.  Because they had 5 ships alive and I was alone, I got my solo warrior.  Whoo hoo.

• Boring 1

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,834 posts
19,867 battles

Congrats!

[RLGN]
Members
13,528 posts
23,601 battles

As I always like to say; 'at least you were fighting.'

My first solo warrior was an epic of cluelessness...

Cleveland on Neighbors, Standard mode. Decide to follow a battleship southish. Do so and never shoot, until a destroyer appears; 1 hit on DD, battleship dies, never see destroyer again.

Oh look; their cap is open. Mosey over to the cap, and start capping.

'You are our last hope!"

HUH? WUT? Look around, and I'm the only one left. Red concentrated around our cap.

Here comes the Ryujo strike; splash, splashity, splash-splash. (T6 squads versus an undamaged Cleveland with Defensive fire, I think the Ryujo got one hit on me.)

Victory Jingle. HUH? WUT? Turns out I was further along in capping than I thought. Total contribution to the win? 1 shell hit, 12 planes shot down, and the cap.

Would have loved to see the Reds chat channel from the last few minutes of the game.

...and Good job Murcc.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,556 posts
33,707 battles

Congrats!

The only one that still eludes me, and I do have a few battles done.

[DD214]
Members
799 posts
32,330 battles

Congrats, it is rare. 15K games and have been lucky seven times. It takes skill and luck to win the award. It also feels soooooooo gooood :)

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,625 posts
19,327 battles

Congrates....

A solo on worst mode and worst meta...

Very well done sir.