You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Permanent Mission Tasks and Rewards: Questions

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles

SO... with the advent of my Edinburgh last night, I think I have a ship that will take me through to the end of all of these (eventually). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Before I go reinventing the wheel, does anyone know of a link to a list of ALL the tasks, their rewards/stars, ship/mode (Tier, PvE, PvP) eligibilities and the end prizes?

Do I have to complete every component at every level (will involve getting carriers, God help my teammates), or merely make my way through all the stages?

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

SO... with the advent of my Edinburgh last night, I think I have a ship that will take me through to the end of all of these (eventually). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Before I go reinventing the wheel, does anyone know of a link to a list of ALL the tasks, their rewards/stars, ship/mode (Tier, PvE, PvP) eligibilities and the end prizes?

Do I have to complete every component at every level (will involve getting carriers, God help my teammates), or merely make my way through all the stages?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Campaigns

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamamoto_Isoroku

Yes, you can do the Honorable Service and Yamamoto campaigns with just one T8 ship. You would just repeat the tasks that you can do to get the stars. You do not have to complete every task, but can just repeat tasks to get enough stars for completion.

The Yamamoto campaign is the easiest as the vast majority of it can be done with XP and credit tasks and if you yolo, do almost nothing and die, you should still get some XP and credits and complete the campaign just through sheer perseverance. 

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, you can do the Honorable Service and Yamamoto campaigns with just one T8 ship. You would just repeat the tasks that you can do to get the stars. You do not have to complete every task, but can just repeat tasks to get enough stars for completion.

The Yamamoto campaign is the easiest as the vast majority of it can be done with XP and credit tasks and if you yolo, do almost nothing and die, you should still get some XP and credits and complete the campaign just through sheer perseverance. 

Actually...one of those two has a tier 9-10 requirement at some stages from what I saw taking a gander yesterday. 

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Actually...one of those two has a tier 9-10 requirement at some stages from what I saw taking a gander yesterday. 

Yes, but you do not have to do those tasks to complete the campaign. You can just repeat the T8 tasks.

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, but you do not have to do those tasks to complete the campaign. You can just repeat the T8 tasks.

I stand corrected then. Thanks. 

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

I stand corrected then. Thanks. 

No problem. You are welcome.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
38 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

one of those two has a tier 9-10 requirement at some stages

I saw that... and some of the tasks are also carrier-restricted, which considering the way the IJN started its war and fought a good deal of it, at least up to Yamamoto's death, is more than appropriate.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
43 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm not quite planning on doing that, but... "Every little bit helps", said the man as he p1$$ed in the ocean.

Excellent. Thank you for this.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not quite planning on doing that, but... "Every little bit helps", said the man as he p1$$ed in the ocean.

Excellent. Thank you for this.

:Smile_teethhappy: 

I was just showing that the Yamamoto campaign is not hard as if you played enough games you could yolo and finish it. :Smile_child:

The XP and silver tasks are easy though, so I would definitely do them.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The XP and silver tasks are easy though, so I would definitely do them.

They also complete automatically in the background as part of your regular gameplay, so yeah, plug one in and let it run.

One more clarifying question: for those missions which require the earning of credits, is this before or after mission costs are deducted? Given T8+ ship operating costs (especially when premium consumables and improved camo are being paid for), the latter is a significantly more difficult ask!!!

(In addition, a quick back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that if I tried to do Yamamoto with ONLY the XP grind missions, then given the need for repeats to get extra stars, a one-point captain would be a 19-point captain by the time I had finished. Almost defeats the purpose, especially if getting Krakens is beyond you for whatever reason.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu