Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Do downed planes...?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

...ever land on your ship and cause damage?  I'm getting lots of very close calls so was wondering if RNG ever lands them on your ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles

Not that I know of. A downed aircraft once landed close enough that the splash was overlapping with my ship and nothing happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I guess it would make people salty, but would also be kinda cool if it had something like a 1/250 or 1/300 chance of crashing onto you and doing a small amount of damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,910 battles

They do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,369 posts
16,676 battles

I forget what ship it was but it was a DD. A few days ago a plane did crash into me. it came down in a ball of flames and hit me on the port side railing. I specifically recall thinking; hey that's cool I've never had that happen before. It didn't cause any damage though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I forget what ship it was but it was a DD. A few days ago a plane did crash into me. it came down in a ball of flames and hit me on the port side railing. I specifically recall thinking; hey that's cool I've never had that happen before. It didn't cause any damage though.

Neat.  I've had a ton of very close calls. I hope I get some to hit me at some point then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,164 battles

I think the Japanese planes should try to hit you on there way down, now that would be pretty cool.:cap_rambo: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,946 posts
7,756 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

I guess it would make people salty, but would also be kinda cool if it had something like a 1/250 or 1/300 chance of crashing onto you and doing a small amount of damage. 

too close to being a kamikaze attack... that is one of those politically correct lines WG will not cross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,164 battles
7 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

too close to being a kamikaze attack... that is one of those politically correct lines WG will not cross.

Why would that be Politically incorrect? It's historically correct. It was also done by other pilots from all sides not always at sea.

I think it would be a great add on, 1 out of maybe 100 shoot downs will try to Kamikaze you ( doesn't matter what CV it came from, USN, IJN) you take some damage and get a special "Kamikaze survivor badge" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,843
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Some countries are ashamed of their war practices

14 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Why would that be Politically incorrect? It's historically correct. It was also done by other pilots from all sides not always at sea.

I think it would be a great add on, 1 out of maybe 100 shoot downs will try to Kamikaze you ( doesn't matter what CV it came from, USN, IJN) you take some damage and get a special "Kamikaze survivor badge" 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[A-D-F]
Members
1,136 posts
9,485 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

Why would that be Politically incorrect? It's historically correct. It was also done by other pilots from all sides not always at sea.

I think it would be a great add on, 1 out of maybe 100 shoot downs will try to Kamikaze you ( doesn't matter what CV it came from, USN, IJN) you take some damage and get a special "Kamikaze survivor badge" 

If you're a for profit company the important question is.

 What's more likely to get you sued? ^That^? OK, let's not do that and focus on something else. Fin.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×