You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

47 comments in this topic

[VW]
Members
3,885 posts
18,764 battles

I just finished all the missions and came up 1 item short! I'm very disappointed that one can not win the commander simply by playing the missions, ie without paying for extra containers.

Your experiences/thoughts

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

You did also used your doubles? Cause I can't believe you will not get the complete collection. Also done the second row of missions? If you did all of this; maybe if you find worth it; buy one or 2 crates :)

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I'm missing 1 double to get the last item. Completed all missions.

Then, if you think it's worth, maybe buy one crate in the premium shop? ;)

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Tehn, if you think it's worth, maybe buy one crate in the premium shop? ;)

Yeah. I mean, we all play this product, and many of us do it without giving WG a dime. I don't think a few bucks is going to destroy people.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

My point is that for an in game reward it should be achievable without buying from premium shop

What I always do with collections; I collect everything and if I collected all the boxes, I use the doubles to get the ones I didn't get out of the boxes, that's why I never bought any boxes for all of the collections ;)

[HINON]
Members
12,787 posts

There may be more coming. The paid for crates are for those in a hurry to complete the collection. 

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,134 posts

Completed all missions, opened all crates, cashed in the duplicates, still three items short. This officially qualifies as used car dealer level sleazy.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles

I created a thread last week "Shame on this French event" where I argued the exact same point. I actually finally got lucky enough to unlock 2 French BB's, and it looks like I might complete the French collection too, but I still completely disagree with the "gamble for maybe a reward" reward system for completing a mission. Agree with you OP, super lame. Hope they never do it again. Lockboxes are gambling, and I don't like being forced to gamble. They belong in the shop where people can choose to gamble their real money, if they so choose, and that's it.

[RLGN]
Members
13,444 posts
23,450 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

I started getting Bismark collection stuff yesterday and don't know why. 

They're re-relesed for some reason I'm a bit unclear on atm, but it's no big deal that you're getting them.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,165 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I just finished all the missions and came up 1 item short! I'm very disappointed that one can not win the commander simply by playing the missions, ie without paying for extra containers.

You can also get French containers in some of the CB missions.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
11 minutes ago, iron_crosstx said:

got 6 more crates to earn, so far no bbs. this even sucks. firend of min got all three bbs on the first set.

Early access is just that...it's not like you miss anything outside of a head start.

I've paid a truckload for multiple early access in Planes...only to be grindable 2 weeks later...what I spent could've been better used elsewhere (i.e. get more lootbox for more gold).

[-KAK-]
Members
132 posts
6,149 battles

Finished the 2nd progression mission today. 

I bought a crate at the beginning and now i'm left with 13/18 items, and 13 duplicates. 

Aside from Yamo, i think this is the worst ratio I've ever received of duplicates

[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles

I suspect there is at least one more set of containers - they seem to release one every 2 weeks as the previous one expires. It is still early yet. 

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles
10 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Two items short.

Needed to get crates to finish it.

No additional mission drops in those, but I got the captain.

[-NOM-]
Members
206 posts
19,256 battles

Did all missions and got 14 with 11 duplicates which means I'm 1 short.  There better be more chances to get boxes.   Otherwise you have to warn people they can't finish a collection without buying stuff so they can decide if they want to do so right from the start.  Having people put in considerable time and effort to only find out at the end they can't finish through the missions would be bush league.

Members
919 posts
5,080 battles
22 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

Did all missions and got 14 with 11 duplicates which means I'm 1 short.  There better be more chances to get boxes.   Otherwise you have to warn people they can't finish a collection without buying stuff so they can decide if they want to do so right from the start.  Having people put in considerable time and effort to only find out at the end they can't finish through the missions would be bush league.

You "grinded" to finish so fast which is fine but for most these missions will simply unlock with regular play. There is no considerable time and effort. The only one that's a little specialized is 25 torps 1000 main gun hits which requires a dd or cruiser.

If you're given a task at work to complete in a week and you bust your butt 2 days straight pulling all nighters that doesnt give you the right to walk into your bosses office dropping to the floor and slamming your hands and feet against the ground demanding a raise.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,337 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

You "grinded" to finish so fast which is fine but for most these missions will simply unlock with regular play. There is no considerable time and effort. The only one that's a little specialized is 25 torps 1000 main gun hits which requires a dd or cruiser.

If you're given a task at work to complete in a week and you bust your butt 2 days straight pulling all nighters that doesnt give you the right to walk into your bosses office dropping to the floor and slamming your hands and feet against the ground demanding a raise.

I would still ask for one though :p "I can produce 5 days' worth of work in 2, pay me or I'm going somewhere else"

Members
3 posts
7,803 battles

Please forgive my ignorance I may be completely unaware. Do you get the captain after a certain date? I just completed the collection and it says 'issued' on the crate but I have not received the captain or the ship.

I assumed I would get it right away but maybe I didn't read close enough.

Oops. I did get the captain. In reserve. I thought he would be in the teir1 ship. 

Ignorance it is!

Edited by Treegrin

[DO-IT]
Beta Testers
150 posts
9,259 battles

The Vive Le France collection doesn't end till March 28th, with more French crates being rewards for the new Operation: Hermes and limited time campaign "The Gold of France" on the pts atm. So yeah, the collection can be completed for free without the need for buying crates. Too many read that reddit post talking about the odds of completing the collection when these missions for the crates is labeled as Part 1 leaving room for more events to reward these event crates. 

• Cool 1