Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Wow, I was missing out all this time

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

So, finally upgraded my old non-gaming laptop to modern gaming machine (alienware desktop for about $2.5k).  First time played game with ultra high settings on everything, with new alienware gaming display and bose surround sound system.  What a difference, all ships render nicely with sharp camo and all details at all ranges, and sounds are just wow.  Totally new experience for me.  Lost for words...  Gotta check out some other games.  WOT looks (and sounds) fantastic as well.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
864
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
18 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

(alienware desktop for about $2.5k).  

 

18 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

 alienware gaming display 

 

18 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

 bose surround sound system.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
864
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I prefer Digital Storm. They're a boutique PC company that is essentially a clone of what Alienware used to be.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[ANK-A]
Members
436 posts
12,477 battles

Awesome!  I have an alienware too.  I had a problem with my old gaming rig I built myself (like $4K) and just bought an alienware to get me by until I fixed my old unit.  This thing is just fine, I only upgraded the ram to 64Gb of  lower latency stuff.  With the M.2 drive and 1080 video card, I have everything I need.  Ignore the haters, just enjoy that you belong to the PC master race.  I'm 50 and have been pretty lucky in life financially.  Dropping a couple extra thousand really means next-to-nothing to me. 

Edited by driedjello
64 kilobytes, lolol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

I did not burn any money on it.  It was business expense, so all is good in the world.  I needed it for work, honestly :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Ramsalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,090
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
6 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

 

I'm sorry, but I am not interested in building a PC. I prefer liquid-cooled machines, which are complex to assemble, and I have had enough things go wrong with computers over the years that I want a warranty. You can serve yourself all you like, but their business exists for a reason, and that is to cater to people of like mind to myself and the OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[ANK-A]
Members
436 posts
12,477 battles
12 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I prefer Digital Storm. They're a boutique PC company that is essentially a clone of what Alienware used to be.

Damn, hit the website.  They make some slick rigs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

So, finally upgraded my old non-gaming laptop to modern gaming machine (alienware desktop for about $2.5k).  First time played game with ultra high settings on everything, with new alienware gaming display and bose surround sound system.  What a difference, all ships render nicely with sharp camo and all details at all ranges, and sounds are just wow.  Totally new experience for me.  Lost for words...  Gotta check out some other games.  WOT looks (and sounds) fantastic as well.

Almost two years after my PC upgrade, I still get amazed by some minute detail in this game at least once a day.  Next time you take an early death (hopefully not soon), free cam around the map and check out the islands.  Some of them are complete with tiny little villages with itty-bitty cars driving around on the streets, or airfields with wee little airplanes taxiing down the runways*.

*Offer does not include "Ocean".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,196 posts
15,544 battles
53 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I'm sorry, but I am not interested in building a PC. I prefer liquid-cooled machines, which are complex to assemble, and I have had enough things go wrong with computers over the years that I want a warranty. You can serve yourself all you like, but their business exists for a reason, and that is to cater to people of like mind to myself and the OP. 

Liquid cooled PC's are easy to assemble.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

Alienware? It's just a Dell desktop with extra lights and plastic accents. No idea how they're successful overcharging for the same components as other products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,284
[RKLES]
Members
12,240 posts
13,887 battles
57 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Alienware? It's just a Dell desktop with extra lights and plastic accents. No idea how they're successful overcharging for the same components as other products.

Lol because it looks awesome and tricks kids today into buying them... :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,481
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,458 posts
19,951 battles

Alienware = Cadillac

Dell = Chevrolet

Just more bells and whistles but some just like Cadillacs - and that's OK.

Enjoy your new system, op!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
975
[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
3 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Liquid cooled PC's are easy to assemble.

I built mine using an AIO Liqmax cooler.  Works fine.

Though I would like to upgrade my graphics card, but the miners have driven prices on those things to stupid levels.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
8 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I built mine using an AIO Liqmax cooler.  Works fine.

Though I would like to upgrade my graphics card, but the miners have driven prices on those things to stupid levels.  

It's crazy $1200 for a 1080Ti.  Cant wait for the market to stabilize again.  You can order directly from Nvidia at MSRP if you need the card ASAP.  The wait time is a couple weeks.

 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,557 posts
33,712 battles

Congrats! It certainly makes a difference, and way more enjoyable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,612 posts
4,282 battles

Very nice! I was stuck playing on minimum settings too a while back. The first time playing with maximum settings was stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[APOC-]
Members
117 posts
4,740 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

alienware

one of the worst company's for customer support.:cap_like:2f9.jpg.2511c5ad44e755e98b2c0116f8064e23.jpg

Edited by MVPBluntman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,651
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
1 hour ago, MVPBluntman said:

one of the worst company's for customer support.:cap_like:

Interestingly, in its early years Dell was by far the best company for customer support. When it first started out you had unlimited 24-hour support with an American tech support guy that you could actually understand and who actually knew his stuff rather than just reading thrould a list of troubleshooting tips.

When tech support in general started going downhill in the 90s I picked up an electronics degree and started building my own systems. Now, the best option for getting the computer you want at the price you want it to build your own.

For tech support you can go to one of the many better support forums. While I was keeping up my electronics certification, I used to be a tech on the Tech Support Forum. I eventually got busy with other things and didn't have the time to keep up with the latest in computer technology so I stopped working there. However, their techs are top-notch and will can help you with just about anything. These guys are not just "enthusiasts" either, but mostly active or retired IT professionals. Most are Microsoft MVPs with several current IT certifications.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/    

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
2 hours ago, MVPBluntman said:

one of the worst company's for customer support.:cap_like:2f9.jpg.2511c5ad44e755e98b2c0116f8064e23.jpg

I strongly disagree.  I don’t know what other customer experiences are, but my unit came with premium support and dedicated team with separate phone number.  I had to call them up during setup, and they were awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×