You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
phsstpok

how much do you have to pay

72 comments in this topic

[-DTS-]
Members
8 posts
11,412 battles

How much does it cost to have the rng actually be fair? I have seen far to many salvos go both long and short while inline to believe this is random. i can get a hit rate of 40 percent in coop but less than 10 percent in random. That is not random luck, that is fixed. so how much do i have to pay to get fair hit rates?

• Meh 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts
19,321 battles

Depends on the ship and module cost....

Looking at Cesaer....

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
20 minutes ago, phsstpok said:

How much does it cost to have the rng actually be fair? I have seen far to many salvos go both long and short while inline to believe this is random. i can get a hit rate of 40 percent in coop but less than 10 percent in random. That is not random luck, that is fixed. so how much do i have to pay to get fair hit rates?

Like my drill sergeant told me, "If you want to hit something, get close."

Members
559 posts
3,883 battles

Look at the camouflages. You can equip some basic ones with in game credits. It's openly rigged so they can let people bypass the rigging for $. If the game sucks at higher tiers f2p, I'll find another way to waste time. Not going to spend on something that isn't fun in the first place.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,141 posts
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Like my drill sergeant told me, "If you want to hit something, get close."

But isn't that the same DI who painted a large bullseye on your forehead? He may have had an ulterior motive.

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
Just now, Doombeagle said:

But isn't that the same DI who painted a large bullseye on your forehead? He may have had an ulterior motive.

I don't have to run faster than the bear that's chasing us, I just have to run faster than you. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
567 posts
80 battles
49 minutes ago, phsstpok said:

Maybe it's the Indian, not the arrow. 

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
22,348 battles
1 hour ago, phsstpok said:

i can get a hit rate of 40 percent in coop but less than 10 percent in random. That is not random luck, that is fixed. so how much do i have to pay to get fair hit rates?

In co-op, you're playing against mindless bots that will sail nice and straight for you. In randoms, you're playing against thinking players that will change speed and turn their rudder to avoid your shots.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,788 battles

Well...after all, this is a Pay to Win game, so I suppose if you pay enough and sacrifice enough to the RNG gods, they will eventually smile down upon you.

Edited by Judge_Doom

[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,515 battles

Funny... I've paid WarGaming, and then started a losing streak immediately after.

This game is not "pay to win." If anything, it's "pay to play" at higher tiers, but only due to ship repair costs. And then the answer to the OP's question is: the price of premium account.

I'm not so sure that a 40% hit rate against Bots is something really worthy of bragging about. 10% in random battles is a sign that you still need to work on your aiming, and get used to shooting at real players. I suggest looking up iChase or flamu, and watching one of their how-to-aim videos. Also, finding the right crosshairs helps tremendously.

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
2 hours ago, phsstpok said:

This game really isn’t pay to win. 

My suggestion is to watch the enemies firing at you - just before they reload, throw your ship into reverse and turn hard to starboard. Dodge their shots, then accelerate away. As long as your 10 per cent accuracy is higher than theirs, you’ll win. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Camos don't cost actual money for the concement and % to miss buffs. They're available on Types 1 or 2 individually, and both on Type 5. They 22k credits a peice and can be gotten through crates. Event or Premium camos have both buffs plus buffs to XP and/or credit gains, and sometimes a service cost reduction.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
24 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Camos don't cost actual money for the concement and % to miss buffs. They're available on Types 1 or 2 individually, and both on Type 5. They 22k credits a peice and can be gotten through crates. Event or Premium camos have both buffs plus buffs to XP and/or credit gains, and sometimes a service cost reduction.

The individual ones are cheaper. But the Type 5 with both is ~22k. 

So if you're in dire need of that -3% Detectability it's nearly as inexpensive as opting to select a Prem Consumable. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

A buck three eighty and elevendy seven cents. Must be Paid on Feb 31 2018 for a guaranteed win cycle.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
615 posts
12,883 battles

Your hit rate in Co-op is 29%, and 21% in Randoms.  It isn't RNG, it is PEBKAC.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

It costs your eternal soul. Collection pending upon death by little elves. I hear they take it out your ear. 

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

.....well anybody here,who has a premium account , and has the average win rate below 50% ??......   MM is rigged in a way,that keeps win rates at or above 50%....for paying costumers. Now,about the RNG,who knows.....  I for one,would really love to play this game without all the RNG,and artificial aim or dispersion "adjustment".. Too many factors, that not in the hand of the players,,,,,,

[SALVO]
Members
615 posts
12,883 battles
6 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

.....well anybody here,who has a premium account , and has the average win rate below 50% ??......   MM is rigged in a way,that keeps win rates at or above 50%....for paying costumers. Now,about the RNG,who knows.....  I for one,would really love to play this game without all the RNG,and artificial aim or dispersion "adjustment".. Too many factors, that not in the hand of the players,,,,,,

I have paid for a total of 60 days of premium time on my account.  Well above 50%.  It isn't lack of paying that is limiting your game.

I've, also, seen players in game that have spent far more than I have and are 50%.  Ran into a Saipan on my team last week, the guy had a 42% WR.  

Edited by brdhntr