Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Richelieu does well without CE

7 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
933 posts
17,764 battles

The French Battleship FS Richelieu is strong but cannot carry a team for that matter. I took Cap A and the hold damn team wants to farm crap.  Note the only two kills here. Midway and myself. Sigh face/palm. I have the 19 point captain spec for MFC AA, MFC SD and AFT.  I hit the tirpitz at 24.7k away for 12,385.

shot-18.02.17_23.29.57-0723.jpg

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I feel like 3x4 CMDR builds for BBs are actually pretty strong. Sure every bit of concealment counts. But it only goes so far... disengaging and a surprise flanking shot and that is effectively it for benefits for a BB; there's also decrease Air spotting. 

I'd say CE builds would work the French IF they're working from range playstyle wise. But if their pressing and pushing into SB ranges, then you can easily get away without CE. 

Haven't checked in depth for the French BBs, but I might run a 3x4 also, but IFHE instead of MFCAA. But that's mostly due to the hours that I play. I see CVs every 1 in 20 at the T7+

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
16 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Yes I agree the IFHE really works but, CV META you want that MFC AA. It's saved me countless times too. 

Yeah depending on the meta with a 3x4 build consisting of AFT, MFCSB, MFCAA the "trade" for IFHE is depending on what you're seeing more. If I had Div mates who mained CVs I'd skip MFCSB for IFHE. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

At 26pts there'd be little point in having a "specialized" CMDR. 

One that high a level would be ACE at everything that gets thrown at it. 

[-TNT-]
Members
933 posts
17,764 battles

yeah but you're limited to only one 26-pointer per account. This means you better choose wisely and love the nation's ships too.  For me I'm leaning towards French.  Although, USA would be another good choice.

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Sign in to follow this