You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Done With Playing to the Event

15 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
12,446 battles

Had been having a lot of fun with a system to play all of my fleet. I was playing 3 ships per round, 3 times each in alphabetical order, regardless of the tier. This allowed me to play all my ships and vary things up and it was a lot of fun. Then these events come along like the French BB thing. So I play to the event to try to maximize my damage, XP whatever, and for what? I had less fun and all's I've gotten is some flags and a bunch of butt ugly camo to sell. Of course, much like the Santa crates I got zero ships..no Bretagne quest, no nuthin. bought a few crates too...zip. Opened 6 crates tonight..6 crates no quest. I will never get a free ship from WG, I realize this now, so back to fun play and screw these manipulative events. 

Edited by KalishniKat
  • Cool 5

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,113 battles

I'm a sucker for trying to complete these things as they come up, and agree that chasing a target like "10 citadels" "10 torp hits" etc. can quickly change the game from fun to frustration!

Back to my favourites now!

• Cool 1

Members
79 posts
12,356 battles

I got nothing also  yet a friend got ships.  I never get a ship Stopped caring or believing.

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,020 posts
24,491 battles

I received all four of the French Battleships Tier 5 , 6 , 7 , and tier  8. I enjoy the tier 7 the most with her 16 Rifles it feels like you're shooting a shot gun and you just can't miss hitting the target

[PVE]
Members
4,974 posts
22,432 battles

The French thing is just tech tree ships anyway (they are "temporarily premiumed" in that you can freely transfer your French commanders to them until next update...but no XP bonuses/post battle discounts (unless you buy the premium camos for them)...just tier 5-8 tech tree ships.

I got the T5 (so far...have 10 more containers to earn to try & get the others). Have heard some say they got 3 from just the free containers but heard about some buying a bunch of containers & only getting the T5...we'll see though.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,134 posts
33 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Had been having a lot of fun with a system to play all of my fleet. I was playing 3 ships per round, 3 times each in alphabetical order, regardless of the tier. This allowed me to play all my ships and vary things up and it was a lot of fun. Then these events come along like the French BB thing. So I play to the event to try to maximize my damage, XP whatever, and for what? I had less fun and all's I've gotten is some flags and a bunch of butt ugly camo to sell. Of course, much like the Santa crates I got zero ships..no Bretagne quest, no nuthin. bought a few crates too...zip. Opened 6 crates tonight..6 crates no quest. I will never get a free ship from WG, I realize this now, so back to fun play and screw these manipulative events. 

Not to mention the combat mission that requires ten wins and ten citadels to get 3 crates, followed by the win 15 battles and sink 10 ships phase, and oh yeah the ever popular sink fifteen ships in a single battle, shoot down 500 planes with Kamikaze AA, and chop down the largest tree in the forest with a herring. All this for a ten point captain?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
32 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Not to mention the combat mission that requires ten wins and ten citadels to get 3 crates, followed by the win 15 battles and sink 10 ships phase, and oh yeah the ever popular sink fifteen ships in a single battle, shoot down 500 planes with Kamikaze AA, and chop down the largest tree in the forest with a herring. All this for a ten point captain?

Ni.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

I will never get a free ship from WG, I realize this now, so back to fun play and screw these manipulative events. 

I got an Arizona in a crate but I agree that it's a rare thing indeed.

BTW, I just noticed that we are in the same clan. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
19,166 battles

I bought 5 containers.

Got Rechelu,spelling?, quest...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
19,166 battles

If you go to Public Test 7.2, you can earn 3 ships when they are relrased...

Easy missions too.

Members
4,415 posts
17,917 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

It's all about moolah, wampum, coin, denero, $$$$. Make it frustrating and some folks will shell out the bucks to (hopefully) get the bote missions from premium shop crates.

I realize that WG needs to make bank in order to function, but stuff like this makes them look greedy. Not a good image.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,559 battles

I agree.  I like events but I absolutely hate the way the events make you focus on playing specific ships in order to complete those events.   Today for example it was all about Torps.   The French Addition requires 25 ship torp hit and the Agile mission requires 50k  ship torp so there I am in my DDs holding my entire team back because I don't really enjoy DD game play and I am not exactly all that good with them.    Instead I would have really loved to focus on getting my Monarch.  Why the heck can't they just make the missions something you can accomplish in any ship.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
6 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

Random ship; random battle button, please?

A cool feature like RNG randomly selecting one of your ships could be a Fun addition to the game... maybe even adding extra bonus for just clicking the button. 

+50% to FWB if the ship hasn't achieved FWB yet?

I'd be like "hey haven't touched this ship or Tier in months" , "I forgot I still had a CV in port..." or "I've still got a T1? When was that line introduced; got to pay more attention to the Ship News"

[4HIM]
Members
2,902 posts
11,063 battles

I've long since stopped caring about this RNG fest event.  I'm just playing what I want while trying to grind through some botes.  And my luck with crates is as bad as is that of @KalishniKat.  Got burned too bad on the Santa crates.  So buying any more crates is out of the question. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

I only do the ones I can do during normal play- mostly because it's automatic.   I checked out the requirements of a lot of the Random only missions, and said Yeahhh okay...  The closest I'll go to jumping through hoops is to play an appropriately tiered ship (not a problem, I'm grinding Mahan and Baltimore).   Focusing on stuff like kill grinds, citadels, torp hits etc just leads to frustration and burn out.

Currently, I have THREE base xp missions going, lol.   (2 for ships, and one for crates.)   I'm not especially interested in French BB's, and really don't care if I complete them or not.  I just want the goodies, like camos.  And I want to complete the collection.

I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if the line they were introducing was one I was waiting for.   French BB's just look meh...  I'm too focused on grinding US DD's and cruisers to care about another new line.

And to be perfectly honest, I have 135 ships in port- many of which I have yet to set up or play.  Another new line of ships is entirely unneeded at this time, lol.  I already have more than enough different ships to play!