Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Steven Brust (author)

9 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

I just came back from meeting Steven Brust. Great guy. He signed a ton of my stuff and we talked quite a bit. He had a story reading and invited everyone for drinks. Sadly, I couldn't attend.

If you haven't heard of him, but like science fiction and/or fantasy, you owe it to yourself to pick up some of his books. 

0217182016h.jpg

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

If you like fantasy, the tales of Vlad Taltos are the best. Start with Jherg and go from there. They are written non-linearly, so it doesn't (much) matter where you start. 

If you like modern fantasy, the Incrementalists are two really interesting books. Totally unique take on what it means to be a meme. 

[TDD]
Members
1,157 posts
9,319 battles
50 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I just came back from meeting Steven Brust. Great guy. He signed a ton of my stuff and we talked quite a bit. He had a story reading and invited everyone for drinks. Sadly, I couldn't attend.

If you haven't heard of him, but like science fiction and/or fantasy, you owe it to yourself to pick up some of his books. 

0217182016h.jpg

that is so cool I have read a ton of his books

Edited by nina_blain_73

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
13,882 battles

Very cool, I've greatly enjoyed his Taltos books. 

When I saw your thread, I was afraid to click, lest it be a 'requiem' thread.  Glad it's something much happier.

Because I'm desperately looking forward to my next Vlad fix.

Also, if you're into audiobooks, try Jhereg in audio.  The VA who does the reading is fantastic.  Loiosh sounds just as sarcastic and snarky as you'd expect, and the way he does the various characters and accents is amazing.

:)

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

'That's really cool @OgreMkV. It's always brilliant to get the opportunity to meet an author you love, it adds a real dimension to their work knowing them in person! 

Sign in to follow this