You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RichOfThisJungle

What is with all the duplicate collectables??????

14 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
12,591 battles

I have collected 7 out of 18 of the special French containers.   I have been getting a REMARKABLE number of duplicates.

My duplicate count is currently 5 and I KNOW I should have a lot more than that (I did not buy any).   The last 7-8 containers I received had a duplicate. I never bother to check my dup count until just now.   I have not NOT had duplicate in 4-5 days.  As I'm typing this I just realized that last week I had 6 containers to open at once and EVERYONE had a dup so my dup count absolutely should be more that 5. 

Lastly the odds of getting a duplicate when you still have 11 outstanding collectibles is  very, very high. Either I am very unlucky, or we have a situation where certain items are deliberately rare. I feel like I collecting bubble gum cards were there were always some in short supply. 

Has anyone else noticed either of these occurrences???

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

Quite the opposite here. I finished the Vive La France missions with only one duplicate.

I guess it depends if RNG is on your side or not.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I've earned 15 of the containers so far.  I have 7 duplicates.  My first three containers all had the same item in them. :Smile_facepalm:

But then later on I aimed a salvo at a Wyoming and got a citadel on an Iron Duke.  RNGesus works in mysterious ways. :cap_wander:

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
16 minutes ago, RichOfThisJungle said:

I have collected 7 out of 18 of the special French containers.   I have been getting a REMARKABLE number of duplicates.

My duplicate count is currently 5 and I KNOW I should have a lot more than that (I did not buy any).   The last 7-8 containers I received had a duplicate. I never bother to check my dup count until just now.   I have not NOT had duplicate in 4-5 days.  As I'm typing this I just realized that last week I had 6 containers to open at once and EVERYONE had a dup so my dup count absolutely should be more that 5. 

Lastly the odds of getting a duplicate when you still have 11 outstanding collectibles is  very, very high. Either I am very unlucky, or we have a situation where certain items are deliberately rare. I feel like I collecting bubble gum cards were there were always some in short supply. 

Duplicates are great... Depending on how many duplicates you have already in your inventory, you can unlock individual collectibles for the particular mission.  But they will either cost in the amount of 3, 4 or 5 duplicates that you already have.  So rather than complain about having to many of them.  Use them.

[REVY]
Members
6,456 posts
5,168 battles
16 minutes ago, RichOfThisJungle said:

It's so you'll buy some Viva containers.  Some players get lucky, some have to open their wallets.

[REVY]
Members
2,068 posts
11,439 battles

I think I currently have 18 duplicates.

What's odd is I keep getting the shields and ship items. I only ever got one photo and have yet to see another. I haven't even gotten duplicate photos.

Members
2 posts
12,591 battles
3 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Duplicates are great... Depending on how many duplicates you have already in your inventory, you can unlock individual collectibles for the particular mission.  But they will either cost in the amount of 3, 4 or 5 duplicates that you already have.  So rather than complain about having to many of them.  Use them.

Using then before being able to 'buy out' the ones you do not have only increase the odds of getting additional duplicates.  I always wait until I have enough dups to complete the entire collection. But if you read more closely I was also noting the fact that I was getting a duplicate but was not being credited with it.  I should have A LOT more duplicates than I have.

Edited by RichOfThisJungle

Members
4 posts
2,373 battles

I have a large number of Dupes in most of my collections. Do not know what to do with them or how to use them at all. Still finding my way around the interface. 

Members
4 posts
2,373 battles
On 2/18/2018 at 12:14 AM, RichOfThisJungle said:

Using then before being able to 'buy out' the ones you do not have only increase the odds of getting additional duplicates.  I always wait until I have enough dups to complete the entire collection. But if you read more closely I was also noting the fact that I was getting a duplicate but was not being credited with it.  I should have A LOT more duplicates than I have.

Sounds like you're getting robbed. BTW...you sound as if you know how to use the dupes. Would you "clue me in" a little. I'm lost in interface and have a ton of dupes.

Members
4 posts
2,373 battles
On 2/17/2018 at 9:04 PM, RichOfThisJungle said:

It truly seems as if there are some items that are purposely rare. I have a large number of duplicates and here I found the first clue that something could be done with them at all.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
4 minutes ago, PapafreakinSmurf said:

I have a large number of Dupes in most of my collections. Do not know what to do with them or how to use them at all. Still finding my way around the interface. 

If you are talking about collections, you can turn in duplicates for original items. I would wait until you have enough duplicates to get all the items you need, so you have more chances for an original item.

BTW, this thread is almost a year old, so those people may take a while to respond.

Members
5,150 posts
On 2/17/2018 at 9:21 PM, OldSaltyOne said:

I always wait till I have enough duplicates to fill all empty slots.  

[WOLFG]
Members
824 posts
4,668 battles

It's funny we can't even do a collection without dealing with lootbox mechanics.

The reason there are duplicates is so people have to waste money or coal on more lootboxes.

• Cool 1

Members
3,859 posts
8,858 battles
1 hour ago, PapafreakinSmurf said:

If you're viewing a collection and have duplicates, you can view a portion of the collection that is incomplete.
Then, place the mouse on a missing piece of the collection and click on the incomplete item.

This should bring you to a menu that gives you the option to exchange duplicate items in the collection for the missing item (cost varies from 3 to 6 duplicates for one missing item, depending upon the collection in question).

Once a collection is completed, any remaining duplicates are automatically exchanged for an amount of credits (typically, 15k credits per duplicate, in my experience).

I was scratching my head about collections for a long time, too.  But someone on the forum told me the above method of exchanging duplicates and I was able to complete my Azur Lane collection.

Also, old/retired collections sometimes have crates for them show up in the Armory as items that can be purchased for coal.  I've completed a few collections by purchasing crates for coal.

Be patient.  :-)