Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phaszing

Conqueror

13 comments in this topic

[KND]
[KND]
Members
47 posts
12,109 battles
See a enemy Conqueror.

challenge.jpg

Firing broadside, 14000 K Damage.

Wait

Angulating ... Receiving damages...

kindergarten-cop-movie-clip-screenshot-s

2 Fires and 16000 KDamage.

My turn

.....joras

Ricochet... Over-penetration

at the end

who idealized and approved this ship ... you s¨%$&¨%$

i-hate-you-anakin-gif-8.gif

Edited by TypStruct
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
3 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Conqueror is fine.  Totally over-hyped.

I had a chance to play it on the Corgi account. I didn't care for it much.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

I have Yamato, GK, and Conqueror.  I don’t have Montana, but I played Missouri a lot, so I have some idea how Montana works.

I find that Conqueror is over hyped, and has its disadvantages along with its advantages when compared to other BBs.  Conqueror can not take damage as well as other BBs, and thus has to remain  closer to the back line.  In turn, other ships take damage that another BB would soak for the team.  Also, Conqueror often misses on opportunity to citadel broadside cruisers when short term opportunity arises, since it has HE loaded most of the time, while other BBs have AP loaded most of the time.

So Conqueror sometimes feels like -1 BB on your team in exchange for high damage heavy cruiser, similar how Khaba feels like -1 DD in exchange for citadel free short range light cruiser.  Both can be made to work under certain conditions, and both can be at disadvantage if the conditions are less favorable.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,375 posts
14,094 battles

I don't mind facing Conqueror since the vast majority of them never use AP. My cruiser can melt them without any issue 

[HOTH]
Members
456 posts
7,546 battles

I love them in my Des memes, i can get some bruuuuutal AP salvos on their broadside. i still think they promote terrible gameplay but they're fun to farm.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

I hate them for the opposite reason - I think they're virtually useless except to stack aggregate personal damage. They don't kill BBs, they don't kill cruisers... they just putter around in the rear and wait for fires to burn. It's dumb. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I hate them for the opposite reason - I think they're virtually useless except to stack aggregate personal damage. They don't kill BBs, they don't kill cruisers... they just putter around in the rear and wait for fires to burn. It's dumb. 

It's cause they appear to be played like Super-Cruisers. But there's no Cruiser Vets driving them.

I'm sure there's some, but those are obvious to spot. Those ones know when to AP. 

Anyways, Conqueror's biggest weakness, outside the flaws of it's drivers, is there inability to corner check. Most BBs at T10 have a CatFTR or Spotter for an island check; the Conqueror does not. It's susceptible to ambush when caught out alone and near islands. 

[KND]
[KND]
Members
47 posts
12,109 battles

I hate playing against him, and I find him very unbalanced. It has a very good concealment up to 12 cannons and much exaggerated repair party, plus its ability to generate fires using basically ammo API. I have no interest in researching Conqueror because I think the whole British line is somehow ridiculous, for those who play with a British or against. I've played with Conqueror in the public test, and besides the dispersion of the projectiles, I did not see any disadvantages.

Sign in to follow this