Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AOT_Jaeger2

Free 10-Point Captains?

7 comments in this topic

[-SYN-]
Members
34 posts
694 battles

Hey Guys,

I have a couple questions; how did I get a free 10 point Japanese and 10 point Russian captain, and how do I use them? I got the IJN one about two days ago, and just got the Russian one today. Not sure why. Looked at all my active missions- nothing. The only notifications I got were that the captains had been added to my reserve. Any reason for this I cant tell?

Now for the real question- how do I use them? Each is already assigned to their respective Tier I ship- the Hashidate and the Orlan. But I cant transfer them to another ship without the normal penalty of having to retrain them, which kind of completely negates the advantage of having a free 10 point captain. From what I know I have two options: use them on my tier ones to have godlike sealcubbing Tier Is, or assign them to a premium ship...and I only have one that works, the Diana.

Any way I can use these? Or are they just useless?

Edited by AOT_Jaeger2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,849 battles

I got mine from scenarios, not worthless as my tier 1 German capt is sitting at 18 skill points, and working on the 19th. I play him om my scharnny, graf spee, tirpitz and printz eugen though.

[HINON]
Members
12,806 posts

Perhaps you got them from the operations that reward them? You can transfer them and then retrain them which still saves you a decent amount of grinding if you were to start from scratch with a new captain. Just do the credit retraining option so they only have to do half the xp for retraining.

Edited by RipNuN2

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

I'm afraid you're just going to have to bite the bullet, and use doubloons/credits to retrain them for whatever ship you want them on.  Or grind through the retraining period.

Since you have Diana, you can use that to retrain the RU captain.  Assign the 10 pointer to whatever Russian ship you want him on,  arrange skills as desired, then put it on Diana and play until you've earned enough xp to retrain.

For the Japanese captain, your only option is to retrain it the expensive way.

I keep a small stock of doubloons on hand just to take care of situations like this. (and to convert xp)

As for where they came from, who knows.  Did you complete some missions earlier, or 5 star some operations?  (and not get your rewards until now?)

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
939 posts
11,688 battles

As others have said you most likely earned them in the operations for earning 4 stars +.

Now to their uses. Obviously these are ideal for T5 ships and up as you can then gain the CE captain perk which will help immensely at those tiers.

Though if you are still getting comfortable, pop them onto a lower tier ship to learn to angle, or shoot over low hills etc.

Re-training comes at a cost. 200 silver, and then retrain on a premium ship of the same nation as the captain, spend 500 dubloons to retrain or use elite XP. You can take them in on the new ship half trained, but certain skills work intermittently, so this would not be advised.

As a final note, when re-training a captain, the captain does not retain the previous ship training. For example, moving from the Phoenix to the Omaha, and when the captain is fully trained in the Omaha, you cannot simply move him back to the Phoenix free of charge, it requires retraining again.

[-SYN-]
Members
34 posts
694 battles
35 minutes ago, _greifer said:

As others have said you most likely earned them in the operations for earning 4 stars +.

Now to their uses. Obviously these are ideal for T5 ships and up as you can then gain the CE captain perk which will help immensely at those tiers.

Though if you are still getting comfortable, pop them onto a lower tier ship to learn to angle, or shoot over low hills etc.

Re-training comes at a cost. 200 silver, and then retrain on a premium ship of the same nation as the captain, spend 500 dubloons to retrain or use elite XP. You can take them in on the new ship half trained, but certain skills work intermittently, so this would not be advised.

As a final note, when re-training a captain, the captain does not retain the previous ship training. For example, moving from the Phoenix to the Omaha, and when the captain is fully trained in the Omaha, you cannot simply move him back to the Phoenix free of charge, it requires retraining again.

Ahhhh ok. That does make sense, I did have a 5-star win in the Aegis scenario today. Should be good to maybe use on the Schors instead of a fresh captain when I get it? In theory? I could just plug him into the Schors rather than another fresh captain right? And would that provide any benefit?

Sign in to follow this